Thread: ISTJ+ISFP?

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

OH!

um, no. i'm not talking about that....
    "They're not particular about whether you're playing a flatted fifth or a ruptured 129th as long as they can dance to it."
    Dizzy Gillespie

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE."
    Sid Vicious

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
    Bob Dylan

MBTI
    INFJ

I believe there would be a funfactor in what I just said, coupled with meaningfullness.

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by lorkan View Post
    I believe there would be a funfactor in what I just said, coupled with meaningfullness.
    lol. thank you.
    "They're not particular about whether you're playing a flatted fifth or a ruptured 129th as long as they can dance to it."
    Dizzy Gillespie

"Undermine their pompous authority, reject their moral standards, make anarchy and disorder your trademarks. Cause as much chaos and disruption as possible but don't let them take you ALIVE."
    Sid Vicious

"A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
    Bob Dylan

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-NOTRUST- View Post
    OH!

um, no. i'm not talking about that....
    Oh okay, sorry. lol

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Oh okay, sorry. lol
    lol. no its fine.
    That was really funny tho.
    Dizzy Gillespie

Sid Vicious

Bob Dylan

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie-NOTRUST- View Post
    lol. no its fine.
    That was really funny tho.
    hehe

MBTI
    isfp

I had an ISTJ friend, and I can just tell you my experience.
    I say "had" because I moved, and we never kept in touch, but he was a good friend. It all started off as he was hitting on me, and it was the funniest thing He'd pretend he would have some papers to write in the library during one of my all-nighters. Later he'd tell me that he had finished all his papers a long time ago, he just wanted to see me. He was so uptight and fidgety too, but he was funny.
    He was so funny in general to me, and he never even meant to be. Like, he would make these little dishes with carrots and broccoli as a snack, neatly cut and arranged in like 8 X 8 little squares on the dish.
    He was a health-nut, that's why the carrots . He'd never eat any junk food, and would look at me like "eww" when I'd get a cookie. He'd also run all these marathons to help himself "focus on his goals".
    He had all these borderline OCD things, I'd joke with him about it all the time. And he'd joke with me and my easy-goingness. It was all in a good-hearted way though.
    He was irritated that I would go with un-ironed clothes, and that I was ALWAYS late everwhere. He bought me an ironer for me birthday. haha, no kidding.
    I'd get irritated with his rigidity, uptightedness and unopenmindedness (pretty much to ANYthing), but I couldn't really stay mad at him. I just thought he was so funny in that way. He'd get grouchy when I'd do "out of the ordinary stuff", which I did pretty often, just to get him grouchy, cos I'm stubborn like that. He told me that he was also in a way, fascinated by it, even though he'd get grouchy sometimes.
    He was always so "perfect", everywhere on time, all neat and orderly. He also had a ten year plan. He was going to grad school to become a lawyer, and now he probably works in this one lawyer firm, if everyting is going by his plan, which I'm 99% sure it is. And he told me that he'd be a good husband to me, so he said that when he "settles down", and has enough money and a house and stuff, I could be his wife, and we could make little perfect babies. He said it as a joke, but there's truth in every joke, isn't there? I told him, what the heck, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow!
    I really have nothing bad to say about him, I had lots of respect for him. He was a very good-hearted guy.
    So anyway, we were just friends, and it's different than romantic relationships. I couldn't imagine being in a romantic relationship with him, it would be so frickin weird. We'd get sick of each other, and I just know that he would try to change me sooner or later.
    Ahh, I dunno if all this gibberish makes any sense or even is helpful.
    But yea, I'm just generalizing here based on one example. So, I guess it all depends on what you like and what kinds of compromises are you and him willing to take.

MBTI
    INFJ

ainainani: Sounds like you like him alot. I think you would be able to form a romantic relationship with your istj-friend. Maybe it has many factors to why you would think not. It may be you inferior Ni that tricks you that the sensational pleasures you actually get from your friend isnt enough and your Fi feels that there is no feeling to relate to and therefor you don't have enough confidence to show yourself vulnerable. But, infact, showing yourself vulnerable first to ISTJ's would make the ISTJ think that there really is deep emotions to this character (because there is) and not just emotions that are there to manipulate other people to get what they want. I believe that both would see eachother as somewhat shallow but in different ways if neither of you take the first step and show emotions about "this is important, i need to be free from booring routines". Yes, I know that you think that the ISTJ wouldn't grasp that and they look cold like hell. But I think most of them do.

There is potential atleast.

MBTI
    INFJ

it was to the threadmaker to

MBTI
    Isfp
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by anainani View Post
    I had an ISTJ friend, and I can just tell you my experience.
    I say "had" because I moved, and we never kept in touch, but he was a good friend. It all started off as he was hitting on me, and it was the funniest thing He'd pretend he would have some papers to write in the library during one of my all-nighters. Later he'd tell me that he had finished all his papers a long time ago, he just wanted to see me. He was so uptight and fidgety too, but he was funny.
    He was so funny in general to me, and he never even meant to be. Like, he would make these little dishes with carrots and broccoli as a snack, neatly cut and arranged in like 8 X 8 little squares on the dish.
    He was a health-nut, that's why the carrots . He'd never eat any junk food, and would look at me like "eww" when I'd get a cookie. He'd also run all these marathons to help himself "focus on his goals".
    He had all these borderline OCD things, I'd joke with him about it all the time. And he'd joke with me and my easy-goingness. It was all in a good-hearted way though.
    He was irritated that I would go with un-ironed clothes, and that I was ALWAYS late everwhere. He bought me an ironer for me birthday. haha, no kidding.
    I'd get irritated with his rigidity, uptightedness and unopenmindedness (pretty much to ANYthing), but I couldn't really stay mad at him. I just thought he was so funny in that way. He'd get grouchy when I'd do "out of the ordinary stuff", which I did pretty often, just to get him grouchy, cos I'm stubborn like that. He told me that he was also in a way, fascinated by it, even though he'd get grouchy sometimes.
    He was always so "perfect", everywhere on time, all neat and orderly. He also had a ten year plan. He was going to grad school to become a lawyer, and now he probably works in this one lawyer firm, if everyting is going by his plan, which I'm 99% sure it is . And he told me that he'd be a good husband to me, so he said that when he "settles down", and has enough money and a house and stuff, I could be his wife, and we could make little perfect babies. He said it as a joke, but there's truth in every joke, isn't there? I told him, what the heck, I don't even know what I'm doing tomorrow!
    I really have nothing bad to say about him, I had lots of respect for him. He was a very good-hearted guy.
    So anyway, we were just friends, and it's different than romantic relationships. I couldn't imagine being in a romantic relationship with him, it would be so frickin weird. We'd get sick of each other, and I just know that he would try to change me sooner or later.
    Ahh, I dunno if all this gibberish makes any sense or even is helpful.
    But yea, I'm just generalizing here based on one example. So, I guess it all depends on what you like and what kinds of compromises are you and him willing to take.
    haha thats sweet.
    my ISTJ has many ocds too. hes not so uptight tho. he can be pretty easy going. hes really funny too. he says the sweetest things.

I need someone to balance out my messy-ness. we fit well together. but sometimes we get on eachothers nerves, but like you, i could never stay mad at him. he thinks im outspoken, and i am. i think he should say whats on his mind, but he wont. but i love that about him. i love that hes himself and im myself but we can still work things out.
    Dizzy Gillespie

Sid Vicious

Bob Dylan