User Tag List

First 12

Thread: ISFJ vs. ISTJ?

MBTI
    ISFJ

One thing to keep in mind is that the type is just the dominant traits of the person. Some people are very borderline and have a trait that is barely dominant. So it is possible that your friend is that way.

On another note, I'm an ISFJ, but due to the influence of some of my close relationships in my life, l've been told that I possess more logic than a typical F, but my emotions still dominate my logic, so I'm still true to my personality.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I think I can show empathy better than I can show sympathy even if it seems empty like Cimarron said. Don't get me wrong, when I say something I mean it, it is just that there is no emotion attached to the words. Did I explain that right?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    I think I can show empathy better than I can show sympathy even if it seems empty like Cimarron said. Don't get me wrong, when I say something I mean it, it is just that there is no emotion attached to the words. Did I explain that right?
    I can relate to that. When I'm verbalising my feelings I tend to sound all monotone, like I'm reading off a script. Even when I am being sincere, it sounds like I'm being sarcastic because of my flat tone. It's probably an IT thing?
    Um, yeah.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Question

Well, maybe I am borderline T/F? Because I would NEVER make jokes about someone in class who didn't have any friends. In fact, I would feel bad (possibly obligated?) and probably try to talk to them and "be a friend" (depending on the reason why the didn't have friends in the first place).

But if someone (a friend or a family member) gets in a MINOR (where they are un-injured) car incident and slides off the road because they were speeding, and they call for help, of course I'm going to say something sarcastic like "good job! how many points on your liscense now?" but I would leave it at that, I would not keep saying things to make the person irritated or uncomfortable. And, I would NEVER turn them down from any help I could offer I would help them as fast as I could.

If it was a stranger calling for help in the above scenario, I would keep my snide remarks to myself and just help them the best I could.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I'm closer to Dave on this one. But in your example, I wouldn't go out of my way to make friends with the lonely student, because I'm bad at that kind of thing. But I would feel bad for not trying.

And yet, this is how I met all of my best friends. No one else wanted to keep them company, and I was a lonely student as well, so when they happened to sit next to me, I continued whatever conversation they started.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yes I agree with Cimarron, if I DIDN'T go to the person lonely person, I would feel guilty for not trying. How guilty? I don't know and it depends on the situation. It also depends on why the person doesn't have friends in the first place. I like to know a little (or alot) about a person before I start to talk to them, not sure why, it just makes me a little more comfortable to know who I am talking to.