Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx

Default I need to do this.

SJ's all seem to irritate the living hell out of me.
    Mostly the concept of following a rule that doesn't make sense simply because it's a rule without ever thinking maybe we don't need this rule. And the desire for so much social status.

But, I think I'm wrong for thinking like that. Sure They irritate me quite a bit and I get along just fine with SP's, NT's, and NF's which would, logically, give me a good enough reason to say "fuck it, I have enough friends I don't care."
    But I really just want to understand the SJ's a little better. Even though I'm the minority in the grander scheme of things I would still like to see the other point of view so that I'm not the one descriminating, wrongfully, against others for their personality.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMCG0dWeQA"]xD[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

We, or at least I, believe in rules because we (I) recognize their usefulness in organizing the world as we organize ourselves and our surroundings. A place for everything and everything in its place. There are reasons for the rules we follow, or else we would eliminate them slowly, maybe for some rules you just don't see the purpose. Explaining reasons may be difficult for some. As for social status, that may be more of an individual thing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

You're missing out, man.

ISTJs are badass.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

My ENTJ dad said a nice thing today. He said: "Why do young people need to smoke pot ? What does it give them ? To me the greatest thing is to drive in a very nice Mercedes down the road at the cliff and then go into a fine restaurant and eat a very huuuge walnut ice cream !"

I of course responded: "And how would the ice cream taste, if you knew the guy was high, when he invented it ?"

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    But I really just want to understand the SJ's a little better.
    You can hang around here more often. We'd be glad to talk with you.

Has reading some of these threads helped understand us?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    isfp

Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    SJ's all seem to irritate the living hell out of me.
    Mostly the concept of following a rule that doesn't make sense simply because it's a rule without ever thinking maybe we don't need this rule. And the desire for so much social status.

But, I think I'm wrong for thinking like that. Sure They irritate me quite a bit and I get along just fine with SP's, NT's, and NF's which would, logically, give me a good enough reason to say "fuck it, I have enough friends I don't care."
    But I really just want to understand the SJ's a little better. Even though I'm the minority in the grander scheme of things I would still like to see the other point of view so that I'm not the one descriminating, wrongfully, against others for their personality.
    Um, you could start by throwing out your depressing definition of what it means to be an SJ? And then how about finding people who fit the SJ type pattern but who don't think all rules make sense simply because they exist (hint: not all SJs are rulemongers). And you could also find ones who don't think social status is a necessary goal to pursue.

Seriously, there are wonderful SJs out there, who are generous and kind and non-materialistic, but you're probably not even recognizing them as SJs because you have such a negative view of what it means to have that temperament. May I suggest you start by being friendly with some of the people here in this group, and asking them what it's like to be them rather than telling them that their temperament is so awful?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Wait !

Did she just say:

"Um, you could start by throwing out your depression ?"

Really not my day today, I drove over a red light today and this time it was unwillingly, I somehow thought it to be green -.-

SJs are certainly capable of questioning the status quo.

My good friend (an ISTJ) and erratic forum member has a business degree, loves fish, sported a mohawk for a time, and quietly rawks tattoos of many varieties beneath his business attire.

We're only as limited as our perspectives.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Similar to TakeFive.

To others it may seem as if we're following a rule for the sake of it. However most SJs actually operate on:

"If it ain't broke, then let it be"
    "Most things exist for a reason (usually for our benefit)"
    "Society is running, Therefore the rules are working."
    "We'll continue to follow the rules unless there's a better method"

SJs are defined as being reluctant to change, therefore you'd need to have pretty damn good evidence and reasoning for them to try a different method. Why do we dislike change? No idea. Personally I think it's a manifestation of Si.