User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 37

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyMCG0dWeQA"]xD[/YOUTUBE]
    Near the end of this, it looks like the big monster thingy is giving John Cleese one from behind.

  2. #22
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    There was that poker show on television yesterday. Some prominent people played a game and someone commented on it.

    Concerning Poker I do understand that you have to watch the little things, to get something to know about your opponent. Then again besides watching closely, you can have hunches about relations in pattern of the game your opponents play. This is like you draw a road map to your opponents style within your own soul and you do not recognize it. It can get this far that you start mimicking your opponents gameplay, without even noticing it.

    Of course from a logical standpoint, you will always try to grasp your opponents gameplay through analysis. This of course can kill you, if he is haphazard.

    BUT and that was the frustrating thing. The commentator commented on every move someone made. He even recognized that the girl on the table was pushing her breast, when she bluffs and picking her nose, when she had good cards.

    The thing is, detailed observation is necessary in Poker. But I found it embarassing and I sometimes felt ashamed by what the commentator said. That's because I do not watch myself that closely, focussed on the visible details I mean. I try to forge sense out of actions and build a relational concept of a person that is accompanied by a warm feeling, cold feeling or hopeful feeling.

    But this sort of detailed mockery, because someone throws a chip to the ground, to be interpreted as he is being nervous that really ashamed me.

    I lack that knack for observation of detail (most of the times).

    Guess that's about it what I hate of SJ's.
    Do you think that only SJ's read and interpret body language or play poker for that matter?

  3. #23
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    No of course not, I am sorry, if that came out wrong. I know a very good estp, who also can go into detailed inquiry, even my own father an entj has the knack for doing it. It is maybe a general sensing phenomena and I have to grow to live with it.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  4. #24
    The Memes Justify the End EcK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    738
    Socionics
    ILE None
    Posts
    7,262

    Default

    that girl, she always wants me to shave, I'm not a thing
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

    Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

    “I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

    "Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

  5. #25
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Similar to TakeFive.

    To others it may seem as if we're following a rule for the sake of it. However most SJs actually operate on:

    "If it ain't broke, then let it be"
    "Most things exist for a reason (usually for our benefit)"
    "Society is running, Therefore the rules are working."
    "We'll continue to follow the rules unless there's a better method"


    SJs are defined as being reluctant to change, therefore you'd need to have pretty damn good evidence and reasoning for them to try a different method. Why do we dislike change? No idea. Personally I think it's a manifestation of Si.
    I think I have had many successes with my SJ friend on changing her mind with the things in bold.

    When i read all the type description on ISFJ I sometimes find it hard to believe she is an SJ, but then I look at how she surrounds herself and I see an SJ.

    Of course there are things she won't change her mind no matter how much we "debate" it, and then I do get irritated, but in general I LOVE her way of looking at the world.

    She is realistic, she is down to earth, she is a functioning member of the world and she is an anchor for me because I am none of those things.

    She is also insightful and scarily intuitive when it comes to people, what is not to love about that?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w5
    Socionics
    INFx
    Posts
    898

    Default

    hmmmm....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    You can hang around here more often. We'd be glad to talk with you.

    Has reading some of these threads helped understand us?
    Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    Um, you could start by throwing out your depressing definition of what it means to be an SJ? And then how about finding people who fit the SJ type pattern but who don't think all rules make sense simply because they exist (hint: not all SJs are rulemongers). And you could also find ones who don't think social status is a necessary goal to pursue.

    Seriously, there are wonderful SJs out there, who are generous and kind and non-materialistic, but you're probably not even recognizing them as SJs because you have such a negative view of what it means to have that temperament. May I suggest you start by being friendly with some of the people here in this group, and asking them what it's like to be them rather than telling them that their temperament is so awful?
    HAHA....*snicker*...hmhmhm

    Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    Similar to TakeFive.

    To others it may seem as if we're following a rule for the sake of it. However most SJs actually operate on:

    "If it ain't broke, then let it be"
    "Most things exist for a reason (usually for our benefit)"
    "Society is running, Therefore the rules are working."
    "We'll continue to follow the rules unless there's a better method"

    SJs are defined as being reluctant to change, therefore you'd need to have pretty damn good evidence and reasoning for them to try a different method. Why do we dislike change? No idea. Personally I think it's a manifestation of Si.

    *yawn*, O.K. So I really don't have a problem with SJ's, I just don't understand them very well. But I've grasped the concept that just about any SJ I have met, if you tell them you have a negative view of them they're likely to illistrate very clearly why you're wrong.

    OR: It's easier to see the best in an SJ when they're showing you they're not bad people at all, which helps me understand them better.

    ISTJ's are pretty cool.

  7. #27
    Senior Member Snow Turtle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    hmmmm....
    HAHA....*snicker*...hmhmhm

    *yawn*, O.K. So I really don't have a problem with SJ's, I just don't understand them very well. But I've grasped the concept that just about any SJ I have met, if you tell them you have a negative view of them they're likely to illistrate very clearly why you're wrong.

    OR: It's easier to see the best in an SJ when they're showing you they're not bad people at all, which helps me understand them better.

    ISTJ's are pretty cool.

  8. #28
    soft and silky sarah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    isfp
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerical View Post
    hmmmm....

    *yawn*, O.K. So I really don't have a problem with SJ's, I just don't understand them very well. But I've grasped the concept that just about any SJ I have met, if you tell them you have a negative view of them they're likely to illistrate very clearly why you're wrong.
    What planet did you say you live on again? 'Cause on Earth, there are a number of non-arrogant SJs who don't believe they're always right, and who don't like arguing, and who would be hurt rather than confrontational if you told them you had a negative opinion of them. Just saying...

  9. #29
    No moss growing on me Giggly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so
    Posts
    9,666

    Default

    Sarah

  10. #30
    this is my winter song EJCC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx
    Posts
    18,427

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    You are giving me the creeps.

    the ESTJ is pretty open to change.

    the ISTJ needs to find out for himself.

    the ISFJ I dont understand.

    and the ESFJ is the changeinator ever. My boss is one, he always corrects my work, when I am done and he could have told me from the beginning how he wanted it, but its ok. I like his style
    The "change" referred to in this post is fairly different from the "change" mentioned in the post you're responding to. Correcting people's work is a type of change that SJs (well, all Js, really) are very well suited to, but changes in ROUTINE are a whole different matter. We're a little OCD in that respect.

    Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    Rules can be questioned only if the logical validity of them hangs in the balance. Otherwise, they exist for a reason. I was telling someone yesterday, "I usually don't follow the rules if they don't make sense."
    EXACTLY!
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~


    EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"



    ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Similar Threads

  1. Hate to do this guys but...types and selfishness
    By FalseHeartDothKnow in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM
  2. [NT] How strongly do you need to do things "your" way?
    By cavarice in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 02-22-2010, 02:12 PM
  3. Doing things you enjoy vs what you need to do
    By Poki in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 01:19 PM
  4. Only guys are stupid enough to do this...
    By sdalek in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-15-2007, 09:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO