User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    infj

Default ISTJs - what do you want from Santa??

What are the best Christmas gift ideas for ISTJs? Particularly men....

Thanks!!!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Something practical like a gift card to a place I shop at. Either that or something to add to whatever I'm collecting at the time.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I don't know. It depends a lot on the person, I think. Here's something to help: Probably the most common complaint I have with bad gifts is "I'm never going to use this."

If you like to give your presents a personal touch, that's fine. I can appreciate that. Getting too mushy would be going overboard, but it could still be sentimental or something.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-14-2008 at 04:59 PM. Reason: personal gifts
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fishingdude View Post
    Something practical like a gift card to a place I shop at. Either that or something to add to whatever I'm collecting at the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    I don't know. It depends a lot on the person, I think. Here's something to help: Probably the most common complaint I have with bad gifts is "I'm never going to use this."

If you like to give your presents a personal touch, that's fine. I can appreciate that. Getting too mushy would be going overboard, but it could still be sentimental or something.
    I was going to come in here and be goofy and say "Something practical " BUT you guys did it for me
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    I was going to come in here and be goofy and say "Something practical " BUT you guys did it for me

^ that's funny. lol

MBTI
    ISTx

What do I want from Santa? His blessing in my request for Mrs. Clause to give me a lap dance...

Really, an iPhone and I think I'm getting it.

MBTI
    LoLz

A date with a college aged ISFJ. I originally wanted a thesaurus, but I just went and bought one myself.

But, seriously, I despise the whole gift giving process. The fact that you're getting me a gift for Christmas just means the purchase was provoked by the holiday, thus the meaning behind it is trivial. It'd be different if I were in a relationship, and I were lusting for someone, then all rules would be thrown out the window. If I really wanted something, I'd just get it myself. Though, part of me likes the gift giving process because it's an incredibly efficient way of showing you what the other person thinks of you and your relationship with them along with giving you a glimpse into how they think.

I'm done ranting. I get random gifts for people. That's scored me more brownie points for a certain someone than a Christmas gift would.

Ehh. Gah. I guess a gift card to a place I shop at a lot. Maybe an Amazon gift card? Don't waste time trying to pick out a non-sentimental item, because I don't want to have to deal with telling you that it sucks. My sister bought me a box of cologne with 3 small bottles of various colognes last year. I told her I couldn't stand 2 of them, and the other was too small of a bottle to be worth the money likely spent on the gift. So, she returned it and I got a bigger bottle of a different brand of cologne.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ If you're broke all the time, like me, It helps to have a set timeframe for gifts. It makes balancing my budget uber easy.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ^ If you're broke all the time, like me, It helps to have a set timeframe for gifts. It makes balancing my budget uber easy.
    I just look at my budget, say, "I don't have money." and go back to what I was doing.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I thought you were giving out presents *deflates*