User Tag List

First 12

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

My literal Christmas list this year, which I came up with eventually after people insisted on getting me something:

1. New strap for my bass guitar. The old one keeps falling off while I'm wearing it. Preferably the thicker kind, because the thinner kind isn't strong enough to support the weight of the guitar, and it hurts your back more. Also, no flashy designs, I don't need flames drawn on it.

2. One of Keirsey's books. Typology stuff.

3. An HBO mini-series. I don't know if it's been put on DVD, and I haven't looked for the price, so basically I told them to use their judgment in regards to price.

4. If they need to get me another gift, two Metallica CDs that I can live just fine without. I kind of like them.

Around a few years ago, I started realizing I had most of the material stuff I wanted. (No, I'm not rich. Lucky to have nice parents, though.) When my parents asked me what I wanted, I said, "Nothing, I'm fine with what I have." It sounds nice, but I mainly meant it in a serious way.

I don't know how this could help you out, as it seems really dependent on personal taste. The trivial presents, that is. The much more important gift is you spending time with him.

That's the tricky part about getting him that one thing he's always wanted, that he's been talking about. He might have already bought it himself, or planned to buy it.
    Last edited by Cimarron; 12-14-2008 at 09:25 PM. Reason: left out a word
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISXJ

At this stage of my life, I'd be thrilled with clothing or gift cards (the whole transition into professional/adult world has been quite costly).

Recently, I've been asking for houseware stuff so that when I do finally graduate from school, have a real paycheck and my own place I can live reasonably comfortably and not like a 19-year old in a dorm room -- stuff like drinking glasses, school supplies, basic cookware, a tool kit, a new battery for my car, etc. All are terribly lame presents, but like the other ISTJs have already said, if it's practical and useful, I will love it.

I know most people wait to get most of their housewares at their wedding, but based on the other thread, Lord knows when that'll happen.

But if you wanna know what I really want...an adventure/vacation to any continent besides Antarctica would be lovely.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I hate to break it to everyone, but Santa doesn't really exist.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Well dang, and here I thought that it was just a great coincidence that Santa and my mom both shared the same illegible handwriting.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Every time someone says that an elf kills a baby reindeer

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Every time someone says that an elf kills a baby reindeer

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    I just look at my budget, say, "I don't have money." and go back to what I was doing.
    Oh, how lovely life would be if I were an ISTJ ..Where's that star-struck emoticon..

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Recently, I've been asking for houseware stuff so that when I do finally graduate from school, have a real paycheck and my own place I can live reasonably comfortably and not like a 19-year old in a dorm room -- stuff like drinking glasses, school supplies, basic cookware, a tool kit, a new battery for my car, etc. All are terribly lame presents, but like the other ISTJs have already said, if it's practical and useful, I will love it.
    When I was in high school I started buying these things. It kept my antsy wants for moving out at bay, and I felt better prepared. I don't like waiting on other people to make things happen. It really helped out a lot when I did get my apartment a couple years later. Tools would have been entirely useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Well dang, and here I thought that it was just a great coincidence that Santa and my mom both shared the same illegible handwriting.
    (giggling so hard at this still.)
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ

^And I thought ISTJ's were blunt!
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Nothing intensely. A few things a little bit.

Wait, scratch that, I want world peace, peace through MY superior firepower/