User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm not going to bother reading this thread (not even the OP) before posting my response:

It's worth it, because love is the ultimate form of loyalty. An ISTJ that loves you is one of the greatest gifts a non-ISTJ can ever receive.
    How kinky are we talking here? I might need to start looking for ISTJs girls.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    That's why I'm looking for an ISFJ. They're so close to us that it makes me not feel threatened.
    I understand how you feel, but after being in a couple of relationships with ISFJs, I must say that I've learned my lessons, both good and bad, and do NOT want to be in another relationship with one. You will learn a little something from every relationship you're in. You have to figure out who you WANT to be with. Not just who you're "attracted" to at first sight.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by fishingdude View Post

What I would like to know from my fellow ISTJs is, is love worth the trouble? How have your relationships gone? Have you had many of them? If youíre married, are you satisfied? Did you make the moves or did your spouse have to initiate all the advances? Is it worth all the stress? Do you wish you were still single?
    I sense you're viewing love in the wrong way. It's not about trouble, it's about sharing and giving, which ironically may be hard for you to understand. It is worth it if you are with the right person. If you are with the WRONG person, it's not worth it. Sometimes you gotta learn from your past to have a good future, if you know what I mean. Every relationship will have its ups and downs. I've had quite a few relationships. Never been married.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Justin V View Post
    I sense you're viewing love in the wrong way. It's not about trouble, it's about sharing and giving, which ironically may be hard for you to understand. It is worth it if you are with the right person. If you are with the WRONG person, it's not worth it. Sometimes you gotta learn from your past to have a good future, if you know what I mean. Every relationship will have its ups and downs.
    Yeah, what he said. You just need the right person.

MBTI
    LoLz

Reminds me of that scene from American Pie 2

Jim: SHIT!

Finch: Jim, you can eat hot-dogs tomorrow

Jim: No no Finch it's not the hot-dogs. Nadia called me this morning. She's coming here at the end of the summer and she wants to see me.

Oz: Aww that's killer

Finch: Yeah that's a good thing Jim.

Jim: No not good thing, not killer. I'll never be able to do it. Nadia is going to be expecting filet mignon ok and all I'm gonna be able to give her is rump roast.

Oz: (laughs) Awww come on Jim, you've had experience since Nadia.

Jim: Aaaaa yes you would be referring to the flute fetish band geek that made me her bitch and then ditched me after prom.. yes that's great experience.

Oz: You just gotta find the right girl Jimbo..brings it all together.

Finch: I had the right woman, she just sells her cottage and takes off to parts unknown. Ooooo my romantic life has past it's peak. Take me out to the pasture and shoot me.

Oz: Super start to a super summer fellas. Welcome home.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

^ Well, what can you do? *shrugs*

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by fishingdude View Post
    This thread is directed at ISTJs.

Iím on the fence about the topic of love. Iím 26 and still havenít been in a relationship. Itís not because Iíve tried and failed with girls, itís because Iíve never tried at all. When a pretty girl smiles at me, I usually look away. My life is ruled by my inner drive to have everything in order. I feel I need to plan everything out. Hereís a simple summary of my life plan, and how itís gone so far.
    1. Finish school Ė check
    2. Finish college Ė check
    3. Find a job related to my degree Ė check
    4. Move up the career ladder to a satisfactory position Ė in progress
    5. Build a house Ė currently saving money
    6. Find a girlfriend Ė must finish previous steps before proceeding
    7. Depends on how 6 goes

As you can see, I need my ducks in a row. Itís like I canít handle more than one thing at a time so I donít allow any time in my life for the unexpected. I live by routine and stick with what works. I feel out of control if I don't.

This brings me to the business of love. Itís something thatís foreign to me and frankly scares the hell out of me. I see all the stupid things people do for love and I think thereís no way I would do anything like that. It makes me uneasy to think that people so easily abandon all reason just as soon as their hormones kick in. No, Iím not immune to itís effect, though I wish I was. Iíve caught myself in the heat of the moment a few times. Luckily, I realized how foolish I was acting and stopped.

Sure, I appreciate the idea of love, romance, and all that. What I donít appreciate is gambling on an emotion, losing, and then regretting it forever. Itís a high risk game and Iím wondering if itís really worth it.

Why is society so desperately pressuring us into finding love? You canít turn on the TV or listen to music without getting hammered by someoneís view on love. I know I certainly feel the pressure. The two least favorite questions I hate to hear are ďWhen are you going to find a girlfriend?Ē and ďAre you ever going to get married?Ē.

When I weigh being single vs. being in a relationship, I usually side with being single. The only thing that would make me think otherwise is finding the elusive/mythical soul mate, however youíre supposed do that.

What I would like to know from my fellow ISTJs is, is love worth the trouble? How have your relationships gone? Have you had many of them? If youíre married, are you satisfied? Did you make the moves or did your spouse have to initiate all the advances? Is it worth all the stress? Do you wish you were still single?

I know weíre duty fulfillers, but that doesnít necessarily mean we want the duties to begin with.

^ Sounds like me! Never had a relationship so at least your not alone. Those questions do suck and it's really nobody else's business, although, I can see why they would be curious. So when someone asks me (depending on who it is [usually mother or sister]) the conversation usually goes like this:

Mother: "When are you going to find a girlfriend?"
    Me: "Never"
    Mother: "Are you ever getting married?"
    Me: "Nope"

-The End-

From what I have heard, it is worth it to love. I have found it incredibly boring to live my life by myself and noone to share it with. Kind of like my view on money. I hate the effects money can have on people. In my opinion, the only reason to have an excess of money is if you have someone (other than yourself) to spend it on. (That is where budgeting comes in )
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    ^ Sounds like me! Never had a relationship so at least your not alone. Those questions do suck and it's really nobody else's business, although, I can see why they would be curious. So when someone asks me (depending on who it is [usually mother or sister]) the conversation usually goes like this:

Mother: "When are you going to find a girlfriend?"
    Me: "Never"
    Mother: "Are you ever getting married?"
    Me: "Nope"

-The End-

From what I have heard, it is worth it to love. I have found it incredibly boring to live my life by myself and noone to share it with. Kind of like my view on money. I hate the effects money can have on people. In my opinion, the only reason to have an excess of money is if you have someone (other than yourself) to spend it on. (That is where budgeting comes in )
    Sounds familiar. lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I call it ENFP crazy eyes.
    "Love is not a product of reasonings and statistics. It just comes--none knows whence--and cannot explain itself." -Mark Twain, Eve's Diary

"Laughter which cannot be suppressed is catching. Sooner or later it washes away our defences, and undermines our dignity, and we join in it -- ashamed of our weakness, and embittered against the cause of its exposure, but no matter, we have to join in, there is no help for it." Mark Twain

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    I'm not going to bother reading this thread (not even the OP) before posting my response:

It's worth it, because love is the ultimate form of loyalty. An ISTJ that loves you is one of the greatest gifts a non-ISTJ can ever receive.

I've hurt her in ways that would've broken other types. She's still with me.
    In other words, it's worth it for the partner of the giving, loyal ISTJ. This doesn't exactly make a case for it to fishingdude.
    Ti (43); Ne (41.8); Te (33.7); Fi (30.5); Ni (27.5); Se (24.7); Si (21.5); Fe (17.3)
    The More You Know the Less You Need. - Aboriginal Saying

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacuss View Post
    In other words, it's worth it for the partner of the giving, loyal ISTJ. This doesn't exactly make a case for it to fishingdude.
    That can't be done.

You can't logically argue someone into loving another.