• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ISTJ] ISTJs: Is love worth the trouble?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Aww raz. that was a sweet post. :hug: I'm happy to hear about the new developments in your attitude too. :)

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
It's worth it, because love is the ultimate form of loyalty. An ISTJ that loves you is one of the greatest gifts a non-ISTJ can ever receive.

*applause*

They dont know what they are missing! ;)

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I forgot I wrote that.

Still true.

Minute_Maid

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
How did they function together, could he tolerate her habits and behavior, i understand that infp can be careless with things that dont interest them

fishingdude

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Well, it's been 2 1/2 years since I created this post and asked the question. I'm 29 now and my life has changed quite a bit since then. I was actually able to stick to my life plan exactly as I described in that first post. I even got married, believe it or not, to the first girl I had the guts to ask out on a date.

I wish I could say that the replies to my post had something to do with it, but in reality, I just needed to be patient and let life happen. It all worked out, and love has transformed me into a better person. Experience was the solution.

To any lonely, single, virgin ISTJ's out there in the same situation that I was, be patient. Get your ducks in a row if you need to, and don't get discouraged. Love isn't trouble, it's a process. Sure there's uncontrollable hormones and foolishness, but there's also potential for a deep and rewarding friendship and the luxury of completely being yourself without fear of rejection.

To my clueless and ignorant past self: YES! Love is most definitely worth the trouble!

What a silly question...

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We have a winner! :nice:

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well, it's been 2 1/2 years since I created this post and asked the question. I'm 29 now and my life has changed quite a bit since then. I was actually able to stick to my life plan exactly as I described in that first post. I even got married, believe it or not, to the first girl I had the guts to ask out on a date.

I wish I could say that the replies to my post had something to do with it, but in reality, I just needed be patient and let life happen. It all worked out, and love has transformed me into a better person. Experience was the solution.

To any lonely, single, virgin ISTJ's out there in the same situation that I was, be patient. Get your ducks in a row if you need to, and don't get discouraged. Love isn't trouble, it's a process. Sure there's uncontrollable hormones and foolishness, but there's also potential for a deep and rewarding friendship and the luxury of completely being yourself without fear of rejection.

To my clueless and ignorant past self: YES! Love is most definitely worth the trouble!

What a silly question...

How wonderful! I'm so happy for you. :D

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I wish I could say that the replies to my post had something to do with it, but in reality, I just needed to be patient and let life happen. It all worked out, and love has transformed me into a better person. Experience was the solution.

What a silly question...

Congratulations!

istj86

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5

What a silly question...

I really envy you
Congrats

Tiger Owl

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now that is an awesome end to that chapter.

mrcockburn

Aquaria
MBTI Type
¥¤
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Holy shit, from the OP situation to marriage? God damn. You ISTJs waste no time.

Now I see why my (now) ISTJ boyfriend wanted a straight answer about whether I wanted to be with him. You guys are very "no ifs ands or buts." :laugh: