User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default ISTJ's - What type are your parents?

And how have you gotten along with them through the years? What kind of friendship do you have (if any) with your parents?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

My mom had a huge Feeler influence on me. She and I (ISFJ and ISTJ) have always agreed on a lot of stuff and really understood each other, but we have different ways of handling things. Learning compromise over my teenage years was something I'm thankful for.

My dad and I (both ISTJs) have always gotten along fine. We just never have much to talk about together. We try to find common interests, because we want to talk to each other, but it doesn't happen on its own.

My family all seems pretty close in personality...very STJ atmosphere. It ending up coincidentally like that makes me wonder if I'm guessing the wrong type, which I may be. But we're all pretty quiet, and conversation is still sometimes awkward.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

My mother is an ESFJ. My father is an INTJ. They've been together for over 30 years and still love each other, but have their constant share of arguments. I think the main problem is the thinker vs. feeler difference in their relationship.

Because I'm so close to my father's type, his interest in computers affected me a lot. I had no choice but to become addicted to them. We get along pretty well. I don't really see much of an issue. The only thing really that I can tell with him is that he gets wayyyy too technical when explaining things, and I'm like, do you not notice that you need to simplify what you're saying for them to understand it?

I remember once when he was showing me how to use Excel for the first time. I made this great budget spreadsheet and I was so proud. It did everything I wanted it to. He looked at it and the first thing he did was start making aesthetic changes. I started telling him, "It's for me, it does what I want it to, why does it have to look pretty?" and he just says, "If you make spreadsheets for other people, they have to be able to understand it." He was more concerned about the spreadsheet being user-friendly and I was mainly concerned about functionality.

My mother is a completely different story. She's always telling me to not worry so much about the future, and that I'm way too rigid. It's hard to bring her anywhere without her talking to EVERYONE. I'm like, is it possible that any random stranger can instantly become your best friend? She's not afraid to walk up to anyone! She's too loud and emotional for me.

I get along fine with my parents. It's just the normal type differences that get in the way. My father's on a different level perception wise and my mother is all about making everything nice and cozy.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

What type are your parents, Beat?

Mine are ISTJ -Dad, and ESFJ -Mom.

My siblings are:

Sister - ESFJ
    Brother - ESTP
    Sister - ESFP

*Sigh* I wish I had more N's in my life. I don't think I know any in real life.

MBTI
    LoLz

N's make me feel dumb and inadequate, yet they intrigue me enough to keep going back for more.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    N's make me feel dumb and inadequate, yet they intrigue me enough to keep going back for more.
    Even in person?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    Even in person?
    More so in person. It's like they're always 10 steps ahead of me and I can't keep up. It's mostly NTs, though. I had a friend in middle school that I'm really sure was an INTJ.

I'll always remember sitting at a computer desk with him while he was looking over some code for a quake 3 mod. He would read out the code and say some possibilities of what it was. Then he said to me, "You don't understand this, do you?" I didn't.

One guy in the forums that's an extravert said he feels stupid around introverts because they give off this, "haha, you depend on your external surroundings" vibe. I always feel less than N's for being so stuck in reality and prone to thinking in a linear fashion.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    LOLWTF?!?!?!?

You meant to say *NTs* make you feel dumb and inadequate, not Ns, didn't you?
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    LOLWTF?!?!?!?

You meant to say *NTs* make you feel dumb and inadequate, not Ns, didn't you?
    I guess. NTs make me feel intellectually inferior. NFs are always trying to figure out what I'm feeling, which makes me feel vulnerable.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    What type are your parents, Beat?

Mine are ISTJ -Dad, and ESFJ -Mom.

My siblings are:

Sister - ESFJ
    Brother - ESTP
    Sister - ESFP

*Sigh* I wish I had more N's in my life. I don't think I know any in real life.
    For some reason I always assumed you were an only child. No idea why but I did... I have 3 siblings as well though . Both my parents are INFJ but I like em a lot, so it's cool.

My sister (24)- xNFP
    My bro (20) - ISFP
    My bro (15) - Not sure but probably ENFJ or something... He may change a bit within the next few years. He reminds me a bit of myself when I was around his age.