User Tag List

Thread: Stuck in a rut

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Stuck in a rut

I was "stuck in an ISTJ rut", as Anja likes to put it, a few hours ago. I couldn't get anything done, I was just sitting here worrying about how much I had to get done but couldn't get done. Then that turned to broader things...I started to feel lost in life. I don't know what I want, and I don't know who I am. (and no, not in the Typology sense of the phrase) It was a huge downer.

I felt trapped, but I could also feel a lot of energy under the surface, felt like I had to get out and move around. Which was weird, but I always get that every once in a while. Guess that's a sign I keep things inside too long and too tightly.

But after sitting still for too long, I feel a lot of energy. If I'm in a good mood, I just want to run. I do it in the hallway when no one's around, run down the hall when I could just as easily walk. It feels so much better.

When I'm in a bad mood, like I was earlier, I also feel that need to just run. It's weird. So I got up and went outside, walked down the street to get something to eat. It made me feel a lot better. So funny, I don't know why something so simple turned me around so suddenly, but it worked.

Now I'm feeling pretty good. I'm not in the bright mood I was half an hour ago, but I'm not thinking in a continuous negative loop like I was a few hours before. So overall, it's a plus.

And now, I just have to stay focused on my goal.

The End.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

In times like this, when you may feel overwhelmed, it helps to have a short mental break from it. If you can find positive things that temporarily take your mind off it (a change of scenery sometimes works) then you can return refreshed. The things you have to do won't go away, of course, and you will return back to them, but you will have stopped and reset yourself from mentally/emotionally spiriling downward.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Taking some responsibility for myself would help.

Starting now, I'm trying to minimize the time I spend on here. (Ends on December 15th, when my finals are over.) Let's think about this, Cimarron: the board is quiet for most hours, anyway. It has "rush hours", just like a busy city. There isn't much use in visiting more than that.

I bet I could also focus better, if I really tried.

MBTI
    LoLz

You mean I shouldn't be posting right now during my math class? It's not my fault they have computers at each desk!

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I mean my English paper is due in 2 hours, and I've barely started the research that goes before it.

And the teacher gave us no guidelines. I appreciate what he's trying to do, but you know how annoying that can be. But now I think I've finally found a topic to work with.

Anyway, this is where most of my problems start. Nothing unusual, I suppose, just a college student thing.

I have 4 assignments in different classes over the next 2 days, and before I do them, I have to read the chapter in the book that goes with them because I didn't go to those lectures.

But I think I can pummel these assignments if I focus. Well, at least I'd see improvement.