User Tag List

12 Last

Default Do SJs have a funny bone?

Any SJs here that think of themselves as rather random, compared to their peers?

For me, I find that I can be random in my behaviour. Having said that when it comes to chatting about random stuff I come up with nothing. @_@

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post

Any SJs here that think of themselves as rather random, compared to their peers?

For me, I find that I can be random in my behaviour. Having said that when it comes to chatting about random stuff I come up with nothing. @_@
    Yes... but from what I can tell virtually everyone thinks of themselves as different from the norm. I can't think of one person who does not say that they feel "different", "random", "strange", "weird", "peculiar", "uncommon", "funny", etc. (the list goes on) from everyone else. So if everyone is so "different" than the norm then that means that this thing called "different" is actually normal, and perhaps what we think of as "normal" is just a set of ideas that no one fully practices, yet we may strive for (if that's your thing).

In other words, don't feel so bad if you don't feel like you fit in. Everyone feels that way from time to time.

MBTI
    LoLz

You ask if we have a funny bone, then inquire about being random? What do those have to do with each other other than you viewing humor as being "random."

I can be funny, but it's mostly in the form of sarcastic jabs. Usually when I make people laugh, it's because of my dry humor. Usually things that I find the most hilarious is jokingly going against logic. Usually people take it seriously and it leaves me just thinking, "WTF."

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Sure, we laugh too. If you mean "Is our humor drawn from random things, using the randomness as the humor?" then yes, sometimes.

I think what Hmm said is very true, though.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

They can be very funny. At least that is my experience.
    And I think everyone is random to a degree, different, like Hmm said.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    567?
    Socionics
    ILE

Well, I have an SJ friend with a broken nose...haha...haha...

Obviously, I need my funny bone reset

My best friend is ESFJ and I laugh more with her than anyone else I know. We really like coming up with creative ways to insult each other. She's not too random with her humor...I'll have to think about it more to characterize it. When we're together we joke back and forth really quickly, so I rarely remember what she's said after it's all over.
    ALL AROUND THE WORLD PEOPLE EATIN' GUMBO

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

A lot of times, for humor with my friends, I act/say things that are obviously out of character for me. Like I might pretend to be the "tough guy". The contrast to my normal self makes it funny.

Also, being over-serious is funny, taking what people might already think of me and showing them I recognize it, too.

Wow, they sound so much less funny than in real life.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I use heavy sarcasm and it makes people laugh... and I say dumb/random things once in a while.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post

I can be funny, but it's mostly in the form of sarcastic jabs. Usually when I make people laugh, it's because of my dry humor. Usually things that I find the most hilarious is jokingly going against logic. Usually people take it seriously and it leaves me just thinking, "WTF."
    i'm like that too. i can also have a bit of a morbid sense of humor, but that's saved for those very close to me or those who may actually get it without being offended or grossed out.

my best friend is an istj and i have her rolling on the floor every time we hang out. she's pretty funny too, but less likely to crack a joke than me.

i picked up my sense of humor from my dad who is an esfp hick. he tells a lot of "dad jokes", which i love.

my boyfriend (intp) has a similar sense of humor to me, so i dunno if this is related to type all that much.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

SJs can be pretty funny. My grandma, an ISJ, had a very dry sense of humor and people often didn't realize she was joking unless they knew her well.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers