User Tag List

First 12

Thread: Daydreams

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I am incapable of not paying very close attention to someone who I am talking with. It's normally a nice thing but sometimes it can be a bit nerve-wrecking because it makes me extra sensitive and I may possibly read too much into their body language or the things they say. Luckily, I know this and therefore take correction well.

I do, however, daydream a lot. Mostly when I am in a relaxed state but never when I am talking with someone.

MBTI
    ISFJ

i day dream all the time! always what if scenarios

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I realized that I often do daydream about the past. Past events, past discussions, etc. Kind of running them through my mind again, and maybe emphasizing little details, more than they were in real life.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISFJ

also sometimes i'll daydream about stuff that happened in the past and what i should've done to make that situation better. i'm not really sure why i do it

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I wanted to post an experience I just had before I forget it. And I think it illustrates Si vs. Se, which is relevant because for SJs, Si is theoretically preferred over Se.

I was watching a Youtube music video, trying to be fully tuned into the song. At some point, the video had a guy in a trench coat. I saw the trench coat and my mind went back to a few days ago, when my friend and I were apartment-hunting, and during one tour a closet had a trench coat in it (as one of the example home items). So my friend said, "If you see a person wearing a trench coat, you know right away they're trouble." He laughed, and I gave a half-hearted laugh, because I kind of like trench coats--oops, I notice that I'm not paying any attention to the Youtube video. I've been staring at the screen for about a minute, but I didn't catch it.

So that's what happens when I "zone out."
    Last edited by Cimarron; 01-02-2009 at 11:25 PM. Reason: better wording

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    So that's what happens when I "zone out."
    That happens to me quite a bit through out the day. Maybe it's just ADD?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

It happens to me a lot, too, especially when I'm trying to focus on something important but boring. The point is that probably everyone zones out at times, but in case anyone was wondering what it's like when an ISTJ zones out, there it is. Thanks for giving validation to the idea.

I wouldn't think it would be ADD, but I have no way to say for sure. You think you have ADD, separately from any of this?
    Last edited by Cimarron; 01-04-2009 at 10:32 AM. Reason: thank you

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Pancreas View Post
    The ISTJ’s I know, at least, tend to spend any time they’re not actively doing something in at least a partial daydreaming state. I get ignored often if I start talking to one and they’re so out of it that they don’t even hear me. I tend to notice when my questions are met with silence.
    Oh, this sounds familiar. I always daydream when I don't have anything to occupy my attention. Sometimes I'll even be staring at the television but not interested in what's on, and someone will come into the room and ask me what's on or what they missed, and I'm always like, "Uh, I dunno, I wasn't really watching." Then they look at me oddly.

It's a little awkward. I can only imagine what it's like for the other person to see me staring and then realize that I wasn't paying attention at all. Even when someone's talking to me. I try, I really do, but sometimes it's just so hard.