User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Default ISTJs - Birds Of A Feather...

...Flock Together?

The ISTJ I have met tend to only hang out with other STJs and occasionally an SFJ will get in the mix.

My ISTJ roommate said that the reason he liked this one girl was because they were "exactly the same."

Is this a personality thing or is it just that they have not met any other types? Truth be told, I have not encountered very many other types since I moved here (just ESFPs -- always the ESFPs...).

I guess I want to know if ISTJs tend to find value in differences or if not, why not. Do you prefer people who are the same as you?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Rachelinpa View Post
    I guess I want to know if ISTJs tend to find value in differences or if not, why not. Do you prefer people who are the same as you?
    I don't know. I don't really think about it that way. Friendships usually just happen, more from convenience or coincidence than from actually planning and putting in effort.

I'd really like to have friends who I have a "connection" with, but I hear everyone on the board saying this. In fact, I need someone who takes more initiative and comes up with new ideas...otherwise nothing would ever happen.

Out of the ISTJs I know, your theory doesn't hold because we're bad at communicating. It makes it hard to form close bonds with other ISTJs, in my experience. Which I guess means I wanted to, but "can't," so maybe your theory isn't completely off...It just seems it isn't any more or less true for me than for other types.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

For a girlfriend or a spouse, I would rather have a Exxx because I need someone who is able to pull me away from my work and schedule and make my life an unpredictable mess! At the same time, I need someone who would care about me for who I am. Because "until death do us part" means that is the only thing stopping an ISTJ because they are so loyal!

Also if their spouse cheats on them or if the feelings are lost and not coming back, that could also be a deal breaker for ISTJ. Typically speaking though, ISTJ will do almost ANYTHING to keep a relationship together.

For friendship, I can pretty much be friends with anyone- they just have to permit the time to get to know me.

I hope that information helps?
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah, I have a hard time making friends with Introverts. That's why almost all my friends are Extroverts!
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Also, the Exxx seem to enjoy the sarcasm and laugh a lot more than other ISTJ girls- I think. So that is another reason I would like that type.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Also, the Exxx seem to enjoy the sarcasm and laugh a lot more than other ISTJ girls- I think. So that is another reason I would like that type.
    I love sarcasm, and I find a lot to laugh at in the world. I just can't help myself.
    Power is the virtue that makes all other virtues possible.
    Youtube - Oversensitive Witches
    Scary Bedtime Prayer

MBTI
    ISTJ

Smile

So the hard part is trying to woo the Exxx types- that is where ISTJ's (especially myself) REALLY screw up! I like girls who laugh and have fun!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by MissMurder View Post
    I love sarcasm, and I find a lot to laugh at in the world. I just can't help myself.
    Yeah, me too. Cimarron and d@ve3, I like your answers. :-)

MBTI
    ISTJ

Thanks Pink!

My favorite thing to do is to make people feel good about themselves and help them. It's amazing how being nice to someone can go so far!

So if your a "damzel in distress" (and your not in public/ noone else is around)I think there is a good chance an ISTJ will come help you? Although, the ISTJ's intentions may not be obvious at first- give them a few sentences or words and maybe you will figure it out?

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Yeah, I have a hard time making friends with Introverts. That's why almost all my friends are Extroverts!
    Yeah, I'm the same. I typically hang out with 3 ENFP's, lol.

I was good friends with another ISTJ, but we just played D&D together for most of a year. As far as dating another ISTJ...honestly, I think I'd get bored, lol.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov