User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    TiSe

Ouch! You folks are pretty hard on your type. I see ISTJs being some of the most reliable, dependent and fun people to be around. But I do appreciate and respect the honest self-scrutiny.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by "?" View Post
    Ouch! You folks are pretty hard on your type. I see ISTJs being some of the most reliable, dependent and fun people to be around. But I do appreciate and respect the honest self-scrutiny.
    Yes, unfortunately if we fail at something we tend to be harder on ourselves than we should be. Not sure why?

As far as comedy goes, I think I have a better sense of humor than the average ISTJ.
    Freedom Isn't Free. [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When I think ISTJ, I think:

Fiercely loyal
    Naive
    Great planners
    Stoic/lack of emotional depth - doesn't like to show emotion
    Supportive
    Avoids any confrontation
    Traditional - probably somewhat religious
    Able to convince themselves of feeling a particular way to justify their actions to themselves

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    When I think ISTJ, I think:

Fiercely loyal
    Naive
    Great planners
    Stoic/lack of emotional depth - doesn't like to show emotion
    Supportive
    Avoids any confrontation
    Traditional - probably somewhat religious
    Able to convince themselves of feeling a particular way to justify their actions to themselves
    Hmm, agree with some, but not naive (I see us as being the realistic ones, hand in hand with being stoic), and personally I definitely don't avoid confrontation! Injustice, no matter how petty, pisses me right off. And I'm defensive (proving that here??)
    Also, I'm not sure it's lack of emotional depth. We might not show our emotions, but that's more to do with thinking it's not 'proper' or 'right' to show emotions rather than anything else, imo. I cry on my own, when I can. It's sort of like if I see girls crying all the time, or getting totally overexcited, I wonder why they can't restrain themselves, like they're 'failing' by showing emotion. (I'm female, btw)

MBTI
    INTJ

My responses to first post:

Learn best by seeing and doing - True, 'hands on' is best.
    Excellent analytical thinker - Well, my school reports always used to have "She is very analytical" written on them, so probably.
    Dry/Sarcastic humor - Yeah, and often black humour. Making a joke out of misfortune to lighten the situation.
    Great awareness - In general. Not always though, like if there's a rumour/personal secret and I haven't been very social that week. I'm also not usually the person who people go to with personal problems (wonder why...heh) In terms of current affairs, definitely.
    Can only focus on one thing at a time - Not convinced this is true. Perhaps this is where the male/female dichotomy comes into it.
    Extremely private - Unless I want to let you know stuff, then it rushes out. Think it can be a bit confusing for people.
    Poker face always present - The amount of times people have said to me "Cheer up" or "Are you okay?" when I'm content or happy is unbelievable. Apparently I look gormless when I'm thinking as well, which is annoying. I'd rather look like I was in deep thought.
    Socially retarded - I need to mentally prepare myself, but then I can cope. I can't stand it when people ask me spontaneously if I want to come to a party with them, right now. The answer: No, you should have warned me about it yesterday.
    Very observant - Yes. Probably because I'm usually on the outside circle of a social situation looking in, rather than being at the centre of it, all involved.
    Easily annoyed - Yes, why can't people do things properly?? How did they come to that conclusion, which is *blatantly* false?
    Take everything literally - I've been considered gullible because of this.
    Often have errors when forced to make quick decisions - Not really sure actually. Maybe I don't like to admit when I make an error
    Procrastinates - Totally
    Selfish - Don't like to admit it, but yeah
    No style - Disagree. I'm not blessed with being hot and sexy, so I have to dress extra stylishly to be accepted on the same level. That's life.
    Hate cleaning - God yes. Life's too short to dust, unless it becomes an extra layer!! No, seriously, I can cope with more clutter and mess than the average person but I clean more frequently when I'm living with other people.
    Health conscientious - Um, maybe not. Although when I noticed I was putting on a bit of weight for the first time in my life in January I immediately set about planning a diet and exercise plan, so perhaps I am when necessary. I hate exercise, but mainly because it either involves being part of a team or looking sweaty and crap in front of people.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ArbiterDewey View Post
    No, we're just the most efficient with the time we do use. My thinking goes like this, "I can do X task now and I will over critique it to death (via perfectionism), or I could do it at the last minute, just as well, and it be satisfactory."
    Yeah, and I find that my best work is always that which I spend less time on! If I start too early I'm just going to waste all the time until it's due to be finished slaving away on it, and then keep going over it and needlessly changing it (probably making it worse).

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Hmm, agree with some, but not naive (I see us as being the realistic ones, hand in hand with being stoic), and personally I definitely don't avoid confrontation! Injustice, no matter how petty, pisses me right off. And I'm defensive (proving that here??)
    Also, I'm not sure it's lack of emotional depth. We might not show our emotions, but that's more to do with thinking it's not 'proper' or 'right' to show emotions rather than anything else, imo. I cry on my own, when I can. It's sort of like if I see girls crying all the time, or getting totally overexcited, I wonder why they can't restrain themselves, like they're 'failing' by showing emotion. (I'm female, btw)
    I think maybe the naive means in regards to interpersonal. In that sense I totally agree with the naive!

Ditto about the emotions thing. It seems kind of, well, careless to let all sorts of people see your emotions so freely.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by theplacesyoullgo View Post
    Naive
    I think ISTJs who haven't had a lot of "life experience" tend to be naiive.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INFP

I've noticed that kind of "innocence" in my ISTJ. And, yes, about things he doesn't know much about. He tends to accept things at face value until he learns differently.
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    I think ISTJs who haven't had a lot of "life experience" tend to be naiive.
    Well, wouldn't that go for anyone?

But I think the issue is actually ISTJs not having as many life experiences as other types, since they value peace and security over unknown adventures.

Also, we put reliability high on our list of priority, and sometimes make assumptions that others do as well. So we might trust people too easily.

And not to forget that we are driven by a need to serve, and might think that others are also willing to serve the common good. This would make us vulnerable for someone who's only after for a personal gain.
    "The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine."
    -Nikola Tesla