User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Default Attempt at an ISFJ profile?

I stumbled across this site, An INTP Profile, awhile back and was rather envious . I've tried looking for anything that closely resembles this essay or at least gives this much information and in-depth analysis on the ISFJ personality type.
    But have failed terribly.
    Is anyone else as interested in creating or perhaps collaborating with me to build a thorough analysis of the ISFJ's inner workings?

MBTI
    ISTJ

You may or may not find this page helpful.

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by Anna212 View Post
    You may or may not find this page helpful.
    wtf? that's not helpful at all.

edit: in order to be helpful...

these are ok, but i've yet to find a really good one. i think there's an intelligence factor that the authors haven't factored in...
    ISFJ Profile
    Portrait of an ISFJ

double edit: from what i understand, most of the descriptions are written by nt's, so they're not really written in our language. also, they seem like shallow observations and don't really to get to the inner workings of the isfj.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    from what i understand, most of the descriptions are written by nt's, so they're not really written in our language. also, they seem like shallow observations and don't really to get to the inner workings of the isfj.
    exactly! Everything I've come across that describes a general ISFJ type has been really vague. They only describe what's at the surface and nothing further. None of them ever say anything about how the I and J can lead to sometimes catastrophic problems with control and insecurities, as well as the coupling of all the emotional-ness that comes from the S and F.

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by chimpuloc View Post
    exactly! Everything I've come across that describes a general ISFJ type has been really vague. They only describe what's at the surface and nothing further. None of them ever say anything about how the I and J can lead to sometimes catastrophic problems with control and insecurities, as well as the coupling of all the emotional-ness that comes from the S and F.
    totally. we're complex creatures too! it's just that most care not to delve in because they think we're nuts! i'm not gonna say we aren't nuts, but c'mon people! look beyond what you read! not everything everyone writes is truth.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder how much clearer it would be if every type description were written by a person of that type.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    LoLz

The typing systems seem to work, but the descriptions and applications of the types seem to be off in a lot of books and websites. I'm fairly certain of my type, but the descriptions of ISTJ I see at times don't describe me. There's an ISTJ stereotype that looks at the effects of an ISTJ on their world, rather than on how the ISTJ thinks.

We should start a project for people of each type to collaborate on a description of their type, then post it in each temperament forum!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    We should start a project for people of each type to collaborate on a description of their type, then post it in each temperament forum!
    Good idea. These descriptions do need some tweaking.

MBTI
    isfj

Quote Originally Posted by raz1337 View Post
    The typing systems seem to work, but the descriptions and applications of the types seem to be off in a lot of books and websites. I'm fairly certain of my type, but the descriptions of ISTJ I see at times don't describe me. There's an ISTJ stereotype that looks at the effects of an ISTJ on their world, rather than on how the ISTJ thinks.
    yes! the separate letter descriptions are fine, and describe me ok, but once they're mushed all together, they seem pretty off base.

oh man, i wish i were more of an expert! i think it's a kickass idea though!!!!

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    oh man, i wish i were more of an expert! i think it's a kickass idea though!!!!
    That's the point. You wouldn't have to be an expert. It'd be a collaboration of people that are sure that they ARE that type based on the preferences and temperaments. We'd be stating personal views on the type based on our own habits, thinking process and behavior. I'm pretty sure you know a lot about how you think.