User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Question Behaviors of ISFJ vs. ISFP?

What's types of behavior differences exist between an unhealthy ISFJ and an unhealthy ISFP? I see a lot of the ISFJ tendencies listed in the "What does an unhealthy ISFJ look like" thread in my b/f when he's stressed, angry, anxious, etc. But he tests as an ISFP! And he shows a lot of ISFP tendencies in his daily, non-relationship related life. So, I don't know how to nail it down! I'd show much and for anyone that can help! Thanks!
    "Freedom is CHOICE"
    ----
    MBTI: (I) 58.82% (N) 61.76% (T) 68.57% (P) 63.64%
    Enneagram: 5w4 / 1w9
    Big 5: R(64%) C(56%) U(60%) A(54%) I(74%) Primary: Inquisitive

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'll try to help, but can you be more specific about what you want to know?
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ISFJ

well...there are control issues with ISFJs.
    From what I understand of J: organized, likes a controlled environment, plans for future/thinks in the future, and dislikes when plans don't follow through.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I'll try to help, but can you be more specific about what you want to know?
    Well, I guess what I want to know is anything that will help me differentiate between an ISFJ and an ISFP. Based on what I've read in books as well as this forum, I have only grown more confused! There is a "What an unhealthy ISFJ looks like" thread, but no "...unhealthy ISFP" thread! I need to be able to compare! And I was hoping that would happen here, thinking perhaps a comparative analysis would ensue, where someone would say "In this scenario, an ISFP would do ________" and then someone else might say "an ISFJ would do __________ instead." So, for instance, how would an ISFP react in an argument with a significant other, versus an ISFJ? (On a side note: I wasn't really sure where to post this thread either, so that may have been my first mistake. )

Quote Originally Posted by chimpuloc View Post
    well...there are control issues with ISFJs.
    From what I understand of J: organized, likes a controlled environment, plans for future/thinks in the future, and dislikes when plans don't follow through.
    See, the problem is that there are signs from both types. So, he wants to control everything in his life, and hates it when things change, or when plans fall through. So, I think to prevent that from happening, he doesn't like to make plans. And, he is not future oriented at all. In fact, he only thinks of the immediate present, never considering the whole picture or remembering the relevant events from the past. But, he dwells on the past and never wants to deal with conflict. Oh, and about the above mentioned control issue? Yeah, he wants to feel in control, but practically digs his heals into the ground over the prospect of taking control! There are so many contradictions I don't know what go off of!
    "Freedom is CHOICE"
    ----
    MBTI: (I) 58.82% (N) 61.76% (T) 68.57% (P) 63.64%
    Enneagram: 5w4 / 1w9
    Big 5: R(64%) C(56%) U(60%) A(54%) I(74%) Primary: Inquisitive

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by dloaded View Post
    There is a "What an unhealthy ISFJ looks like" thread, but no "...unhealthy ISFP" thread! I need to be able to compare!
    This is an unhealthy ISFP thread.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...side-isfp.html

He kind of sounds ISFP, I'm full of contradictions.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

ISFJs are very action-oriented.

One of my best pals is an ISFJ -- among his central characteristics is an unwavering adherence to his favored activities:

yardwork
    church
    MLB
    NFL

Very responsible guy. Reliable like the ISTJ, but without the raw brilliance for details.

MBTI
    isfj

i, personally, can't even pin down myself. i test isfj most frequently, but i read the descriptions and i want to write a letter to the friggin' editor (are there enough emoticons?).

also remember, there are only 16 types and billions of people... there's no way there will be an exact description match for most people.
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    9w1

^^^ That's why enneagram is better

I think the difference is that ISFPs are more likely to be whimsy than an ISFJ The one ISFJ I know enjoys serving people a lot and making people feel good, while ISFPs like to follow their inner compass a lot more.
    'Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.' - Marilyn Monroe

This is who I am, escapist, paradise-seeker.
    -Nightwish

Anthropology Major out of Hamline University. St. Paul, Minnesota.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by dloaded View Post
    Well, I guess what I want to know is anything that will help me differentiate between an ISFJ and an ISFP. Based on what I've read in books as well as this forum, I have only grown more confused! There is a "What an unhealthy ISFJ looks like" thread, but no "...unhealthy ISFP" thread! I need to be able to compare! And I was hoping that would happen here, thinking perhaps a comparative analysis would ensue, where someone would say "In this scenario, an ISFP would do ________" and then someone else might say "an ISFJ would do __________ instead." So, for instance, how would an ISFP react in an argument with a significant other, versus an ISFJ?
    Okay, well start arguing, and I'll react. It's too abstract otherwise, I react based on the specifics of a situation.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

I've known an ISFP and an ISFJ. I never really paid close attention to their mannerisms, but the ISFP seemed more chillaxed and indecisive in general. The ISFJ knew what she wanted, while the ISFP seemed more, "Meh, whatever."

My, I'm articulate.
    Um, yeah.