User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Krwheel View Post
    Out of curiosity, since you're married and apparently something worked, what did work for you as an ISFJ to get into a relationship?
    I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you elborate?

Oberon

How do ISFJ women flirt?

In my experience, they look alarmed and back away slowly.

Works every time.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Imo, and taking a retrospective view, I tend to flirt more when I've got to know someone over a longer period of time. If I've met somebody and almost instantly got on with them it's slightly easier.

If I saw someone attractive I wouldn't directly approach them and try to play games.... I am not capable of doing it!! lol! Building up something more platonic generally leads onto spells of flirting.... depends on my mood as well I guess.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    I am not quite sure what you mean. Can you elborate?
    Well you previously mentioned that like several of the other ISFJs that have posted on this thread that flirting was always in a situation where you knew that it wouldn't threaten the relationship and that if you were pretty serious about starting something with the person that you were pretty straight forward about your feelings. When in the courting process with your spouse, did that remain true or did you follow some other pattern?

MBTI
    isfj

eye contact and winking.

only if drunk, though. or in a serious relationship. hahahahahaha
    just throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Krwheel View Post
    Well you previously mentioned that like several of the other ISFJs that have posted on this thread that flirting was always in a situation where you knew that it wouldn't threaten the relationship and that if you were pretty serious about starting something with the person that you were pretty straight forward about your feelings. When in the courting process with your spouse, did that remain true or did you follow some other pattern?
    A combination of both. I was not aware of MBTI or that I was an introvert. The dating process was different because he lived an hour and half away by car. However, I remind true to who I was and was straight forward about my intentions and feelings. I think that I went into a mode of thinking that I was not going to waste my time getting emotionally or sexually involved with anyone. I actually went to the library and researched how to 'date' a guy. First step, I made a list of qualities (including physical attributes) and values that I wanted in a man. This also required self evaluation. Second step, realized that some of my behaviour might not get me a second date and therefore needed to change certain behaviours, not to deceive but to make a good first impression. Also I realized that if by the third date, I didn't get the impression that he was interested in marriage, to pass him by. Third step, where to find guys (I'm an introvert so bars where out). As it turns out, with my permission, a co-worker gave him my phone number and we talked on the phone for a couple of weeks before we actually met. In fact, we were both marriage orientated so that our phone conversation did revovle around children, expectations of being married, etc. (I don't remember much. It has been 7 years.) Since we had a mutual agreement and general expectations of what we wanted, we decided to met in person. After that first date I knew that I would marry him. It took him 3 months to figure it out. We were married in one year. So although this experience was different for me everything felt normal, not strained or stressed. Not forcing things to work out, it just worked out.

MBTI
    istj
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by oasispaw View Post
    eye contact and winking.
    Yeah, definitely eye contact (I've caught those ISFJs checking me out) and saying hi and smiling and giggling.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by countrygirl View Post
    A combination of both. I was not aware of MBTI or that I was an introvert. The dating process was different because he lived an hour and half away by car. However, I remind true to who I was and was straight forward about my intentions and feelings. I think that I went into a mode of thinking that I was not going to waste my time getting emotionally or sexually involved with anyone. I actually went to the library and researched how to 'date' a guy. First step, I made a list of qualities (including physical attributes) and values that I wanted in a man. This also required self evaluation. Second step, realized that some of my behaviour might not get me a second date and therefore needed to change certain behaviours, not to deceive but to make a good first impression. Also I realized that if by the third date, I didn't get the impression that he was interested in marriage, to pass him by. Third step, where to find guys (I'm an introvert so bars where out). As it turns out, with my permission, a co-worker gave him my phone number and we talked on the phone for a couple of weeks before we actually met. In fact, we were both marriage orientated so that our phone conversation did revovle around children, expectations of being married, etc. (I don't remember much. It has been 7 years.) Since we had a mutual agreement and general expectations of what we wanted, we decided to met in person. After that first date I knew that I would marry him. It took him 3 months to figure it out. We were married in one year. So although this experience was different for me everything felt normal, not strained or stressed. Not forcing things to work out, it just worked out.
    I like that you recognized the traits that you have and built your expectations around that. I find myself sometimes trying a little too much to fit something that I'm not. And of course things fail miserably in those situations.

I'm an ISFJ and when I'm into someone I try to gauge how much they like me first. If I'm feeling that it might be reciprocated (which has been 98% of the time), than i flirt as obviously as possible. Slight affectionate touching, complimenting, pretty much straight forward mentioning that "hey i'm into you, are you into me?". I try not to waste my time figuring what the other person's feelings are, I ask them many questions dead on about whether there is any chance of something. Sometimes there is an inital fear on my part, but that's normally overcome quickly. Its not really as calculated as it sounds though. Its always a sensitive situation, and I try to be so up front because otherwise I can get hurt and so can the other person.

As for ISFJ's being "pure", not necessarily. I am pretty traditional, and by that i mean not slutty, lol ---but pure? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA nooooooo. Not by any means. I think a majority of people end up liking me because I am absurdly up front and say terrible random, perverse, and off-color things for fun. My lack of verbal purity I have been told is what makes me unique and attractive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Generally ISFJ women I've met tend to be quite direct... I tried flirting with one once and she totally didn't get what I was doing! My mom is ISFJ too and she finds the concept of flirting quite alien. The other types are better, especially NFP girls.