User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Whiny?

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Default Whiny?

Do you think you get whiny, or complain a lot, etc.? Do others say this about you?
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Do you think you get whiny, or complain a lot, etc.? Do others say this about you?
    No, no, and no. And this is not because I think it's wrong to express yourself, but many times, I see nothing concrete or good coming out of doing that except to spread a bad mood or get negative attention, which I would feel terrible spreading a bad mood to someone else for no real reason, and I personally am not a fan of negative attention. Instead, I try to work through things on my own and that sometimes takes time, and if I can't resolve it on my own after some time, I'll ask for help, but I try to be careful when I do this not to spread any negative energy if I can help it. I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    If I'm doing something only because I'm obligated to and dislike the activity thoroughly, yes, I complain quite a bit.

I realize this halfway through the day and knock it off, but it does happen.

Edit: Note, this is always done in the form of sarcastic comments, lol.
    Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
    --Isaac Asimov, Salvor Hardin in "Foundation"

Nothing is worse than active ignorance.
    --Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Never let your sense of morals get in the way of doing what's right.
    --Isaac Asimov

MBTI
    ISTJ

No, I'm not whiny.
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Oh come on, you mean it's just me? Okay, well I was just wondering.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISXJ

Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.

As for serious complaining I tend to choose my battles so to speak. I only do that if I'm in an argument with someone or feel very passionate about something...which is not very often at all. I try not to seriously complain about anything because I am usually a very "go with the flow" type of person.

MBTI
    ISTJ

I don't complain, because I find it serves no purpose. I solve my own problems and encourage others to solve their own as well.
    ...doesn't work or play well with others...

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.
    I'm like this too. I complain about unimportant things of no consequence all the time, usually to start a conversation (or a rant ), but besides that, I don't complain at all. Not even a little; I always suck it up.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I don't whine but I do bitch, curse, and fuss. The thing is, I'm funny when I bitch, curse, and fuss, so whoever's listening is at first surprised and then starts chuckling and then I start chuckling and then I've had a good laugh and I can square my shoulders and do whatever it is that had me hatin' life there for a minute.

MBTI
    ESTJ

Whining doesn't get anything done. Sometimes I will brood alone but other than that, no.