• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Fe] Whiny?

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you think you get whiny, or complain a lot, etc.? Do others say this about you?

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Do you think you get whiny, or complain a lot, etc.? Do others say this about you?

No, no, and no. And this is not because I think it's wrong to express yourself, but many times, I see nothing concrete or good coming out of doing that except to spread a bad mood or get negative attention, which I would feel terrible spreading a bad mood to someone else for no real reason, and I personally am not a fan of negative attention. Instead, I try to work through things on my own and that sometimes takes time, and if I can't resolve it on my own after some time, I'll ask for help, but I try to be careful when I do this not to spread any negative energy if I can help it. I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.

ArbiterDewey

MBTI Type
ISTJ

If I'm doing something only because I'm obligated to and dislike the activity thoroughly, yes, I complain quite a bit.

I realize this halfway through the day and knock it off, but it does happen.

Edit: Note, this is always done in the form of sarcastic comments, lol.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh come on, you mean it's just me? :D Okay, well I was just wondering.

Recoleta

No me digas, che!
MBTI Type
ISXJ
Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.

As for serious complaining I tend to choose my battles so to speak. I only do that if I'm in an argument with someone or feel very passionate about something...which is not very often at all. I try not to seriously complain about anything because I am usually a very "go with the flow" type of person.

Condor

MBTI Type
ISTJ
I don't complain, because I find it serves no purpose. I solve my own problems and encourage others to solve their own as well. :)

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.

I'm like this too. I complain about unimportant things of no consequence all the time, usually to start a conversation (or a rant :)), but besides that, I don't complain at all. Not even a little; I always suck it up.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't whine but I do bitch, curse, and fuss. The thing is, I'm funny when I bitch, curse, and fuss, so whoever's listening is at first surprised and then starts chuckling and then I start chuckling and then I've had a good laugh and I can square my shoulders and do whatever it is that had me hatin' life there for a minute.

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
Whining doesn't get anything done. Sometimes I will brood alone but other than that, no.

Giggly

No moss growing on me
MBTI Type
iSFj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sick with the flu right now and have been feeling particularly whiny because of it.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
Not really. I may feel annoyed by some stuff, but it's not that common, and if I do, I usually don't let others know. I try to overcome all difficulties to succeed.

bbites

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yes, yes, YES! It's definitely something that I do and others notice about me. Sometimes it annoys even me! A friend will say "why do you complain so much?" and I think "yeah, why am I complaining?" I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that I get annoyed easily.

This is especially a difficult trait for me to overcome because I think I'd like to get into social work and I know I'll need to develop a very positive attitude to avoid burning out with rage or depression.

Sorry for babbling; I kind of thought I was the only person in the world who recognized this in themself. I feel kind of relieved, as selfish as that is!

Saslou

MBTI Type
ESFJ
No, no, and no. And this is not because I think it's wrong to express yourself, but many times, I see nothing concrete or good coming out of doing that except to spread a bad mood or get negative attention, which I would feel terrible spreading a bad mood to someone else for no real reason, and I personally am not a fan of negative attention. Instead, I try to work through things on my own and that sometimes takes time, and if I can't resolve it on my own after some time, I'll ask for help, but I try to be careful when I do this not to spread any negative energy if I can help it. I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.

Oh my gosh .. i feel like a really bad person now after reading your comments.

I bitch, moan, rant and curse .. if everybody else just did as i asked the first time and did it properly then i wouldn't have to ask over and over again (esp regarding kids) ..but i wont express my anger/frustration towards people .. i keep it all inside then blow occasionally .. i don't try to work things out myself as im so indecisive .. i never know whats right so the cogs just keep going in my head .. and negativity ... that should of been my middle name. I don't know why i am so negative .. i am not that bad looking, i have 2 good kids although at a very young age, I worked for a bank before being made redundant .. I am aware that i am very good with my brick wall that stops me from getting hurt .. I offer amazing advice to people which i don't use myself ..

See i feel i am moaning now .. lol .. Ahh just the daily turmoil i go through with myself .. sorry

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ

As for serious complaining I tend to choose my battles so to speak. I only do that if I'm in an argument with someone or feel very passionate about something...which is not very often at all. I try not to seriously complain about anything because I am usually a very "go with the flow" type of person.

Sounds like me! I think you may also have cracked the reason why people laugh when I'm not trying to be intentionally funny. If I come out with a negative statement it totally catches me off guard when people burst out laughing!

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.

Awww -- what a great friend you are!!:smile:

BlueSky

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Whining no. Criticism yes. And a LOT of it. I've got my standards. Fail to meet them and I'll pick you apart. Not sure I should be proud of this part of my personality, but it's there.

IZthe411

Carerra Lu
MBTI Type
INTJ

This is me

Lambchop

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sounds like me! I think you may also have cracked the reason why people laugh when I'm not trying to be intentionally funny. If I come out with a negative statement it totally catches me off guard when people burst out laughing!

This happened to me today! I have a very soft and "sweet" voice (I can't help it...I just do!) and I'm pretty go with the flow or retreat. My boss ALWAYS laughs when I swear! When I get frustrated, I shake my fists in the air and stomp my feet and that always gets a laugh too. Which is probably good, because I can't help laughing too when they are and I forget about being frustrated.

If I were asked what one of my biggest faults was....I would say whining and bitching! Granted, it's only during PMS...but my PMS lasts two weeks out of the month. I can be very Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. If I'm forced to go to a social event when I don't feel like it...you will hear about it for 3 days! And I tend to bitch the whole time we are there. I have to get the INFP mad props there...he never tells me to shut the hell up (like I would!) I didn't really realize this until I realized that my ISFJ best buddy (but I rarely see her anymore) will write me long rambling e-mails that are just bitching and complaining. I don't write e-mails so much, but I just say it! Sometimes I can't even stand myself and will myself to shut up. :doh:

A really weird thing I've noticed though...if I call someone to bitch and leave them a message, they always call me back!!! I have a friend who I rarely hear from unless I call her and tell her I need to bitch. :doh:

FallaciaSonata

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
I'm easily annoyed, irritated, and God forbid you "mess up my order". I don't show it outside, but I'm incredibly off-center on the inside if that happens. I don't vocalize my complaints most of the time, but....

When I'm at home, I vent a lot. Mostly to Mom, who completely understands where I'm coming from almost 100% of the time. My complaints are frequent, yet legit somehow. Mom always did say I'm a whiner. Although she puts me in a box with the entire male gender, saying, "Men are such whiners."

:D