User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: Whiny?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I'm sick with the flu right now and have been feeling particularly whiny because of it.

MBTI
    I

Not really. I may feel annoyed by some stuff, but it's not that common, and if I do, I usually don't let others know. I try to overcome all difficulties to succeed.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yes, yes, YES! It's definitely something that I do and others notice about me. Sometimes it annoys even me! A friend will say "why do you complain so much?" and I think "yeah, why am I complaining?" I think a lot of this has to do with the fact that I get annoyed easily.

This is especially a difficult trait for me to overcome because I think I'd like to get into social work and I know I'll need to develop a very positive attitude to avoid burning out with rage or depression.

Sorry for babbling; I kind of thought I was the only person in the world who recognized this in themself. I feel kind of relieved, as selfish as that is!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    No, no, and no. And this is not because I think it's wrong to express yourself, but many times, I see nothing concrete or good coming out of doing that except to spread a bad mood or get negative attention, which I would feel terrible spreading a bad mood to someone else for no real reason, and I personally am not a fan of negative attention. Instead, I try to work through things on my own and that sometimes takes time, and if I can't resolve it on my own after some time, I'll ask for help, but I try to be careful when I do this not to spread any negative energy if I can help it. I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.
    Oh my gosh .. i feel like a really bad person now after reading your comments.

I bitch, moan, rant and curse .. if everybody else just did as i asked the first time and did it properly then i wouldn't have to ask over and over again (esp regarding kids) ..but i wont express my anger/frustration towards people .. i keep it all inside then blow occasionally .. i don't try to work things out myself as im so indecisive .. i never know whats right so the cogs just keep going in my head .. and negativity ... that should of been my middle name. I don't know why i am so negative .. i am not that bad looking, i have 2 good kids although at a very young age, I worked for a bank before being made redundant .. I am aware that i am very good with my brick wall that stops me from getting hurt .. I offer amazing advice to people which i don't use myself ..

See i feel i am moaning now .. lol .. Ahh just the daily turmoil i go through with myself .. sorry

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.

As for serious complaining I tend to choose my battles so to speak. I only do that if I'm in an argument with someone or feel very passionate about something...which is not very often at all. I try not to seriously complain about anything because I am usually a very "go with the flow" type of person.

Sounds like me! I think you may also have cracked the reason why people laugh when I'm not trying to be intentionally funny. If I come out with a negative statement it totally catches me off guard when people burst out laughing!

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Giggly View Post
    I am, however, happy to take a bit of whining, complaining, from those who are very special to me, especially if I think I can help them. That is what friends are for, afterall.
    Awww -- what a great friend you are!!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Whining no. Criticism yes. And a LOT of it. I've got my standards. Fail to meet them and I'll pick you apart. Not sure I should be proud of this part of my personality, but it's there.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    Oh, I complain all the time about stuff...it's fun, but that's because it's always done in sarcasm. I really wouldn't even call it complaining...it's more like being vocal about something that annoys/irritates me in a funny, sarcastic way. People think it's hilarious when I go on rants about things because my rants are usually detailed and well-thought through -- like these ideas have been bottling up for ages until the final straw breaks and it all lets loose.

As for serious complaining I tend to choose my battles so to speak. I only do that if I'm in an argument with someone or feel very passionate about something...which is not very often at all. I try not to seriously complain about anything because I am usually a very "go with the flow" type of person.
    This is me

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Sounds like me! I think you may also have cracked the reason why people laugh when I'm not trying to be intentionally funny. If I come out with a negative statement it totally catches me off guard when people burst out laughing!
    This happened to me today! I have a very soft and "sweet" voice (I can't help it...I just do!) and I'm pretty go with the flow or retreat. My boss ALWAYS laughs when I swear! When I get frustrated, I shake my fists in the air and stomp my feet and that always gets a laugh too. Which is probably good, because I can't help laughing too when they are and I forget about being frustrated.

If I were asked what one of my biggest faults was....I would say whining and bitching! Granted, it's only during PMS...but my PMS lasts two weeks out of the month. I can be very Dr. Jeckyl/Mr. Hyde. If I'm forced to go to a social event when I don't feel like it...you will hear about it for 3 days! And I tend to bitch the whole time we are there. I have to get the INFP mad props there...he never tells me to shut the hell up (like I would!) I didn't really realize this until I realized that my ISFJ best buddy (but I rarely see her anymore) will write me long rambling e-mails that are just bitching and complaining. I don't write e-mails so much, but I just say it! Sometimes I can't even stand myself and will myself to shut up.

A really weird thing I've noticed though...if I call someone to bitch and leave them a message, they always call me back!!! I have a friend who I rarely hear from unless I call her and tell her I need to bitch.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    ISTj

I'm easily annoyed, irritated, and God forbid you "mess up my order". I don't show it outside, but I'm incredibly off-center on the inside if that happens. I don't vocalize my complaints most of the time, but....

When I'm at home, I vent a lot. Mostly to Mom, who completely understands where I'm coming from almost 100% of the time. My complaints are frequent, yet legit somehow. Mom always did say I'm a whiner. Although she puts me in a box with the entire male gender, saying, "Men are such whiners."

Always remember to flank your enemies. History won't remember how dramatic your failed frontal assault looked. - Dragon Age: Origins