• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[SJ] SJs & sex

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Well in my experience no, SJs aren't really sexually conservative with their partner, however they are sexually conservative in the sense of being against having a plethora of sexual relationships with different partners.

Well, perhaps, but surely not only SJs. :shock: :huh:

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Why is it that being sexually "conservative" is always protrayed as something negative or abnormal? :confused:

Because it may entail excessive limiting of one's options.

Well, perhaps, but surely not only SJs.

Well, this is an SJ thread, so I wasn't including any other type for this reason... (I haven't said or implied only, either)

S

Sniffles

Ok, but again that's built on the assumption that's bad. A hallmark of a mature person is the ability to limit one's options to the appropriate ones. It's usually immature people who want their cake and eat it too.

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Peguy, are you using 'conservative' for the actual sex or for not wanting to talk about it, etc?

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, this is an SJ thread, so I wasn't including any other type for this reason... (I haven't said or implied only, either)

*sigh* My *point* is that I do not think this is something that can be pinpointed only to SJs - i.e. it is a stereotype. :rolli: And yes, I know that you did not add the fact that it was only the case.

However I think this topic crosses over all personality types rather than just SJs...So I agree that it should be in the sexuality forum...

S

Sniffles

Peguy, are you using 'conservative' for the actual sex or for not wanting to talk about it, etc?

Well right now, I'm talking about the basic principles behind ones attitudes towards sex.

In my first post, I'm talking in general - so that includes both of what you mentioned.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
*sigh* My *point* is that I do not think this is something that can be pinpointed only to SJs - i.e. it is a stereotype. :rolli:

Sorry, but you're not getting my point either. The logical implication is reversed: I never said that it can be pinpointed only to SJs, but rather that this applied to the SJs that I have know. This gives zero information about how NF, NT, SP types will behave, they might behave in the same way or not, nothing can be deduced from that post of mine. I actually can't see why you're getting wound up over this trivial point?:shock:

However I think this topic crosses over all personality types rather than just SJs...

Ok, I thought the opposite, so I was exclusively speaking about my experience with SJs. (also because the title is SJ and sex)

Ok, but again that's built on the assumption that's bad. A hallmark of a mature person is the ability to limit one's options to the appropriate ones. It's usually immature people who want their cake and eat it too.

That requires choosing which options are appropriate. And there's no universal way to choose it[in my opinion]. I would also hesitate saying what is precisely the hallmark of a mature people: why must a sexually libertine person be immature? But anyway, I personally don't think that being sexually conservative is bad or boring (in fact, almost all my girlfriends so far have been ISFJ types). There are billions of humans on the planet earth, and each of us will likely easily find a SO that shares his-her preference on the matter.

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, it would be great if someone not only defined in what way one is conservative, but also define the concept of 'conservative.' That would help me understand how SJs tick much better....Then they could answer more specifically (if they so desired).

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, it would be great if someone not only defined in what way one is conservative, but also define the concept of 'conservative.' That would help me understand how SJs tick much better....Then they could answer more specifically (if they so desired).

Yes, I think it should be noted that not liking talking about sex (as in your own personal stuff) in public, does in no way mean that you like having sex on a Thursday nigh between 7 and 8 pm only.

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
What I meant as sexually conservative was a person that prefers not to try new things in sexual matters [I know this sounds negative, but it really isn't: for a counter-example, trying a new guy/girl when you're engaged with a person is generally thought about as betrayal]

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yes, I think it should be noted that not liking talking about sex (as in your own personal stuff) in public, does in no way mean that you like having sex on a Thursday nigh between 7 and 8 pm only.

Yeah, really, it's too bad people have such misconceptions (not here, just in general).

I think people visualize a person with a pole up their ass with a pocket organizer saying, "Mr. Jones, I see from my calendar here that it has been *exactly* 15 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds since our last round of sexual intercourse. As a result, it would be highly advisable to make an appointment. I think I can squeeze you in at 5:30 pm on Tuesday right before I make dinner."

DUDE??!! :shock: :rolleyes:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What I meant as sexually conservative was a person that prefers not to try new things in sexual matters [I know this sounds negative, but it really isn't: for a counter-example, trying a new guy/girl when you're engaged with a person is generally thought about as betrayal]

:shock: Do people do that?

I'm starting to think I'm ESFJ after all. :shock:

Bella

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Yeah, really, it's too bad people have such misconceptions (not here, just in general).

I think people visualize a person with a pole up their ass with a pocket organizer saying, "Mr. Jones, I see from my calendar here that it has been *exactly* 15 days, 5 hours, 2 minutes, 31 seconds since our last round of sexual intercourse. As a result, it would be highly advisable to make an appointment. I think I can squeeze you in at 5:30 pm on Tuesday right before I make dinner."

LOL!

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
:shock: Do people do that?

I'm starting to think I'm ESFJ after all. :shock:

Well some people do that, but the only ENFP I've dated for a while was very opposed to that kind of behavior for the record

S

Sniffles

I think you've been around Germans a little too long. :tongue:

illume

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w3
My experience with my ISTJ husband is that he is very conservative sexually in terms of how he does it and that he has a very limited libido. It has given me the impression that the ISTJ may possibly be a mismatch for the randy ENFP (me!!!!). I am certain this could be a gross generalization based on my sample of one....... Wish the SJ's out there would be slightly more informative.

He had very limited experience before we met and he was in his early 30's at the time. He does not discuss sex with others.

Mesma

MBTI Type
INTP
Although sexuality can be a determining trait in morals and values. I do not believe that libido is strongly affected by a person's personal traits, these two concepts should be looked at and analyzed separately. There are a number of physical ailments that could result in a low, high or 'normal' libido.