User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Thread: SJs & sex

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Boring is usually a negative.
    That's assuming being conservative is necessarily boring.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Well in my experience no, SJs aren't really sexually conservative with their partner, however they are sexually conservative in the sense of being against having a plethora of sexual relationships with different partners.
    Well, perhaps, but surely not only SJs.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    That's assuming being conservative is necessarily boring.
    It's not necessary to be boring if you are conservative, but it is sufficient.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Why is it that being sexually "conservative" is always protrayed as something negative or abnormal? :confused:
    Because it may entail excessive limiting of one's options.

Well, perhaps, but surely not only SJs.
    Well, this is an SJ thread, so I wasn't including any other type for this reason... (I haven't said or implied only, either)
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Sniffles

Ok, but again that's built on the assumption that's bad. A hallmark of a mature person is the ability to limit one's options to the appropriate ones. It's usually immature people who want their cake and eat it too.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Peguy, are you using 'conservative' for the actual sex or for not wanting to talk about it, etc?
    yesiknowimamiserablegrouchnowgoawayovmeleor

It's Mizzz ST, thank you...

MBTI
    xNFP

Well, this is an SJ thread, so I wasn't including any other type for this reason... (I haven't said or implied only, either)
    *sigh* My *point* is that I do not think this is something that can be pinpointed only to SJs - i.e. it is a stereotype. :rolli: And yes, I know that you did not add the fact that it was only the case.

However I think this topic crosses over all personality types rather than just SJs...So I agree that it should be in the sexuality forum...
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Bella View Post
    Peguy, are you using 'conservative' for the actual sex or for not wanting to talk about it, etc?
    Well right now, I'm talking about the basic principles behind ones attitudes towards sex.

In my first post, I'm talking in general - so that includes both of what you mentioned.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    *sigh* My *point* is that I do not think this is something that can be pinpointed only to SJs - i.e. it is a stereotype. :rolli:
    Sorry, but you're not getting my point either. The logical implication is reversed: I never said that it can be pinpointed only to SJs, but rather that this applied to the SJs that I have know. This gives zero information about how NF, NT, SP types will behave, they might behave in the same way or not, nothing can be deduced from that post of mine. I actually can't see why you're getting wound up over this trivial point?

However I think this topic crosses over all personality types rather than just SJs...
    Ok, I thought the opposite, so I was exclusively speaking about my experience with SJs. (also because the title is SJ and sex)

Ok, but again that's built on the assumption that's bad. A hallmark of a mature person is the ability to limit one's options to the appropriate ones. It's usually immature people who want their cake and eat it too.
    That requires choosing which options are appropriate. And there's no universal way to choose it[in my opinion]. I would also hesitate saying what is precisely the hallmark of a mature people: why must a sexually libertine person be immature? But anyway, I personally don't think that being sexually conservative is bad or boring (in fact, almost all my girlfriends so far have been ISFJ types). There are billions of humans on the planet earth, and each of us will likely easily find a SO that shares his-her preference on the matter.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    xNFP

Yeah, it would be great if someone not only defined in what way one is conservative, but also define the concept of 'conservative.' That would help me understand how SJs tick much better....Then they could answer more specifically (if they so desired).