User Tag List

First 14222324

Thread: SJs & sex

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by uberrogo View Post
    What is the difference? The individuals are what makes society.

I am content with things being less than optimal and am not on a vendetta to change peoples minds or institute the thought police. But I would still like society to be consistent on values, specifically my values (which are traditional ones like I explained above).
    Great but saying you want society to have traditional values simply because you want them to...is ridiculous. What makes your values superior?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    Great but saying you want society to have traditional values simply because you want them to...is ridiculous. What makes your values superior?
    Because that is what I like.

What is the point of having values that you don't think would be good for other people as well? If it is really a good thing to do then everyone should do it, right?
    Last edited by uberrogo; 03-26-2009 at 09:29 PM. Reason: More to add
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by Grungemouse View Post
    Because everyone has individual outlooks on sex? Society doesn't comprise of eusociality.
    Im not sure how to read this. Are you asking me a question? I would like all the members of society to live out the values of the society they live in. Consistency seems like a good thing in that regard.
    If Men's Health magazine was true, you would never need to buy more than one issue.

heart on fire

^ You had to see this one coming, what about if that society values burning all first born babies?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ You had to see this one coming, what about if that society values burning all first born babies?
    It wouldn't. Not in the society he's thinking of.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I seen an ESTJ for quite a while. She was extremely fickle about following unwriten social rules. Appearance, status quo in marching step brainwashed pseudo-progressive train of thought (of the University of Koolade 'U of K' "GO UK GO" veriety), fraudulant empathy for superficial one knot rock cuts and scrapes of someones emotional issues like how they were treated by another while not knowing how they treated the other to get that feedback, ect. But in the sack? She was a no rules FREAK!
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    It wouldn't. Not in the society he's thinking of.
    No, in his last post he says society being consistant is a good thing, he doesn't qualify what society he is talking about.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

No, in his last post he says society being consistant is a good thing, he doesn't qualify what society he is talking about.
    Yeah you're right.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    istj

Not very realistic in this day and age, but since it would not be my value we'd be back to square one.

I live in the US so I am talking about the US.

MBTI
    istj

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    I seen an ESTJ for quite a while. She was extremely fickle about following unwriten social rules. Appearance, status quo in marching step brainwashed pseudo-progressive train of thought (of the University of Koolade 'U of K' "GO UK GO" veriety), fraudulant empathy for superficial one knot rock cuts and scrapes of someones emotional issues like how they were treated by another while not knowing how they treated the other to get that feedback, ect. But in the sack? She was a no rules FREAK!
    Im having trouble understanding.... so she was not consistent in following unwritten rules .... then I get the impression she was brainwashed and a freak in the sack. Sounds like an interesting character none the less.