User Tag List

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: INTJ Anger

MBTI
    INTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Question INTJ Anger

I never felt anger and I do not know how I would be when under that state. People are also curious as to how will I deal with that kind of emotion.
    Please take note that anger and being irritated are two different things.

For INTJs:
    Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
    How will INTJs show anger? How do you do it?
    How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?

For non-INTJs:
    Have you ever encountered an angry INTJ before? What was it like?
    If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?
    Are you intimidated or frightened by the idea of an INTJ being angry at you?

Don't Judge Me! Array Haphazard's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm.

I'm generally irritated a lot of the time, but it takes a lot for me to actually get angry. When it does happen, it's like a short burst of screaming and not really being able to tell what I'm doing... but I typically regather myself pretty quickly afterwards.

It's just very draining... I try to avoid it. Afterwards I usually feel like I need a nap and just don't want to do anything the rest of the day. It kills productivity. There are better things to do than get mad.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENTP
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
    I never felt anger and I do not know how I would be when under that state. People are also curious as to how will I deal with that kind of emotion.
    Please take note that anger and being irritated are two different things.

For INTJs:

For non-INTJs:
    If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?
    I was actually annoyed when I found out that my INTJ calc. three teacher still was fine with me, even after I'd given him such a hard time in class. It's so...neutralizing (I really wanted an excuse to be nasty to him, but how can you be nasty to someone who doesn't have a problem with you or doesn't admit it?)

I know how the questionare was phrased, but folks, please don't turn this into another stupid "larger than life NT" thread.

Protocol Droid Array Athenian200's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Metanoia View Post
    For non-INTJs:
    Kind of annoying and pathetic, honestly. It just sounded like someone who had no idea what they were talking about, puffing themselves up with attacks on my position, acting as if that made them right.
    Quite curious, and I would dare. I have angered an INTP just to see an example of this reaction, but only after it became clear that they weren't a friend, and at that point I figured, "Heck, why not get rid of them in a way that would give me valuable research material on their stressed reactions, too? Great opportunity, since I know where the fissures in this one are, and don't like them." I wouldn't do it to someone I considered a friend, though. In fact, I'd probably only do it to someone I disliked.
    It depends on what the INTJ is capable of doing to me, and whether I like them enough to be hurt that they're angry with me.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Post Thanks / Like

Chilly with tense undertones; someone close to him was threatened.
    I'd rather not have to deal with that sitiuation again, but anger itself I might have a method to help redirect it in a positive direction.
    I'd also not like to be the target of that kind of emotion.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 4w5 sx/sp, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

MBTI
    INTP
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a friend who was a rather odd INTJ, and I don't know if the response was typical at all, but what he did was this. He wouldn't really express his displeasure with his boss, who drove him crazy, and then he'd wait and vent it all out to me. And when he got to the part where he would tell whether he'd say what he wished he'd have said, he'd YELL IT REALLY LOUD, yet in a detached way, which was just weird. Plus, I didn't know how to react, and I'm not the person you need to be directing that toward. I mean, I knew he was just venting, but I got very tired of being the only recipient of the weirdness.

I did see him blow up one or two times, though, and it scared me a bit. I don't know how much self-control he'd have if something really major happened, like if he felt betrayed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Haphazard View Post
    Hmm.

I'm generally irritated a lot of the time, but it takes a lot for me to actually get angry. When it does happen, it's like a short burst of screaming and not really being able to tell what I'm doing... but I typically regather myself pretty quickly afterwards.

It's just very draining... I try to avoid it. Afterwards I usually feel like I need a nap and just don't want to do anything the rest of the day. It kills productivity. There are better things to do than get mad.
    Yes, exactly. I get irritated often. Nothing major. Two times in my life have I been angry in the literal sense. Yes it scared the people I was around at the time. And it's very draining. I went to bed after both episodes. I don't like it, or any kind of huge emotional upheaval. I don't even like hearing yelling. I have a boss that does this once in awhile (yells for a person) and I always think...is it that hard to pick up the phone and call that person's extension?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Not really, besides teenage outbursts when I was a kid. I tend not to care enough about frustrating situations to get angry.

It's internal, I've never really been blindly angry so dunno, but when I feel frustration I do it silently.

I generally get over things almost as soon as they happen. I figure most things aren't worth getting mad about.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    Post Thanks / Like

I get angry as much as any normal person does.

I usually can override my feelings and still behave with a level head. Sometimes I become cold and caustic because my feelings overwhelm me.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    IEI
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I get angry as much as any normal person does.

I usually can override my feelings and still behave with a level head. Sometimes I become cold and caustic because my feelings overwhelm me.
    Yup, this reminds me of the one situation with my friend.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 4w5 sx/sp, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.