• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Anger

Metanoia

MBTI Type
INTJ
I never felt anger and I do not know how I would be when under that state. People are also curious as to how will I deal with that kind of emotion.
Please take note that anger and being irritated are two different things.

For INTJs:
Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
How will INTJs show anger? How do you do it?
How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?

For non-INTJs:
Have you ever encountered an angry INTJ before? What was it like?
If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?
Are you intimidated or frightened by the idea of an INTJ being angry at you?

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Hmm.

I'm generally irritated a lot of the time, but it takes a lot for me to actually get angry. When it does happen, it's like a short burst of screaming and not really being able to tell what I'm doing... but I typically regather myself pretty quickly afterwards.

It's just very draining... I try to avoid it. Afterwards I usually feel like I need a nap and just don't want to do anything the rest of the day. It kills productivity. There are better things to do than get mad.

Gabe

MBTI Type
ENTP
I never felt anger and I do not know how I would be when under that state. People are also curious as to how will I deal with that kind of emotion.
Please take note that anger and being irritated are two different things.

For INTJs:

For non-INTJs:
If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?

I was actually annoyed when I found out that my INTJ calc. three teacher still was fine with me, even after I'd given him such a hard time in class. It's so...neutralizing (I really wanted an excuse to be nasty to him, but how can you be nasty to someone who doesn't have a problem with you or doesn't admit it?)

I know how the questionare was phrased, but folks, please don't turn this into another stupid "larger than life NT" thread.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
For non-INTJs:

Kind of annoying and pathetic, honestly. It just sounded like someone who had no idea what they were talking about, puffing themselves up with attacks on my position, acting as if that made them right.

Quite curious, and I would dare. I have angered an INTP just to see an example of this reaction, but only after it became clear that they weren't a friend, and at that point I figured, "Heck, why not get rid of them in a way that would give me valuable research material on their stressed reactions, too? Great opportunity, since I know where the fissures in this one are, and don't like them." I wouldn't do it to someone I considered a friend, though. In fact, I'd probably only do it to someone I disliked.

It depends on what the INTJ is capable of doing to me, and whether I like them enough to be hurt that they're angry with me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Chilly with tense undertones; someone close to him was threatened.
I'd rather not have to deal with that sitiuation again, but anger itself I might have a method to help redirect it in a positive direction.
I'd also not like to be the target of that kind of emotion.

Tallulah

Emerging
MBTI Type
INTP
I had a friend who was a rather odd INTJ, and I don't know if the response was typical at all, but what he did was this. He wouldn't really express his displeasure with his boss, who drove him crazy, and then he'd wait and vent it all out to me. And when he got to the part where he would tell whether he'd say what he wished he'd have said, he'd YELL IT REALLY LOUD, yet in a detached way, which was just weird. Plus, I didn't know how to react, and I'm not the person you need to be directing that toward. I mean, I knew he was just venting, but I got very tired of being the only recipient of the weirdness.

I did see him blow up one or two times, though, and it scared me a bit. I don't know how much self-control he'd have if something really major happened, like if he felt betrayed.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Hmm.

I'm generally irritated a lot of the time, but it takes a lot for me to actually get angry. When it does happen, it's like a short burst of screaming and not really being able to tell what I'm doing... but I typically regather myself pretty quickly afterwards.

It's just very draining... I try to avoid it. Afterwards I usually feel like I need a nap and just don't want to do anything the rest of the day. It kills productivity. There are better things to do than get mad.

Yes, exactly. I get irritated often. Nothing major. Two times in my life have I been angry in the literal sense. Yes it scared the people I was around at the time. And it's very draining. I went to bed after both episodes. I don't like it, or any kind of huge emotional upheaval. I don't even like hearing yelling. I have a boss that does this once in awhile (yells for a person) and I always think...is it that hard to pick up the phone and call that person's extension?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Not really, besides teenage outbursts when I was a kid. I tend not to care enough about frustrating situations to get angry.

It's internal, I've never really been blindly angry so dunno, but when I feel frustration I do it silently.

I generally get over things almost as soon as they happen. I figure most things aren't worth getting mad about.

Usehername

On a mission
I get angry as much as any normal person does.

I usually can override my feelings and still behave with a level head. Sometimes I become cold and caustic because my feelings overwhelm me.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I get angry as much as any normal person does.

I usually can override my feelings and still behave with a level head. Sometimes I become cold and caustic because my feelings overwhelm me.

Yup, this reminds me of the one situation with my friend.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I'm not sure I've ever been truly angry. I do get irritated from time to time.

I have never known another INTJ to be angry in person. I usually don't show negative emotions.

N/A

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ descriptions often portray them as perfectionistic, and hard to please, and very hard on themselves and others. Wouldn't that involve a lot of anger?
Then, there are descriptions like this: Frequently Asked Questions | INTJ Central which also at some points make them seem like the kind you don't want to mess with. But then someone tells me that is not serious.

This is one type there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I think INTJ's are quicker to get irritated and grouchy, but are not more angry than any of the NT's.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
INTJ descriptions often portray them as perfectionistic, and hard to please, and very hard on themselves and others. Wouldn't that involve a lot of anger?
Then, there are descriptions like this: Frequently Asked Questions | INTJ Central which also at some points make them seem like the kind you don't want to mess with. But then someone tells me that is not serious.

This is one type there seems to be a lot of mixed messages on.

INTJs are often dripping in sarcasm like that link :D it's basically taking some truths and some stereotypes and amplifying them.

If you wanna use that link though, sarcasm is often our weapon when annoyed;

Q: Is it dangerous to annoy an INTJ?

A: First we will ignore you, then we will launch a volley of extremely witty but esoteric insults that will probably go right over your head, and finally we will just engage the "nod-and-smile" autopilot and go back to ignoring you. Best to leave us alone at this point. If you push us too far we may blow up your head with our telekinetic abilities. So, yes, it can be dangerous to annoy an INTJ.

Perfectionist can be applicable but the big picture is more important than the fine detail, I'm harder on myself than I am others and even then not to the point that I get angry with myself. Frustration is probably more often experienced than outward anger.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
For INTJs:

Yes, I've been angered before. Once was due to a guy who was a compulsive liar and was playing mind-games with my best friend (he was her ex), and all of the other times were due to the worst roommate I ever had (just a couple of examples: One time her stupid/annoying boyfriend "accidentally" bleached one of my towels because he decided to use it while dying his hair blonde, another time they were fucking in the next room at 3 am after they'd been up laughing and screaming in the living room till about 1 am ((this was in a very small apartment)) when they knew I had to get up early...I ended up throwing a boot at the wall and screaming at them to stfu)

As for what it was like, it was like every annoyance in the entire world came together to a focus point...kinda like burning ants with a magnifying glass...and I blew up. I don't like being angry. It's tiring and depressing. Sometimes I blow up with the anger, sometimes I get quiet, speak slowly, and use big words. lol

I don't regret any of the instances, though. People get scared when I get angry, which usually ends the anger-causing event.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
As for what it was like, it was like every annoyance in the entire world came together to a focus point...kinda like burning ants with a magnifying glass...and I blew up. I don't like being angry. It's tiring and depressing. Sometimes I blow up with the anger, sometimes I get quiet, speak slowly, and use big words. lol

I don't regret any of the instances, though. People get scared when I get angry, which usually ends the anger-causing event.

This sounds like the way I tend to be when angry; reminds me of one time I imploded on my younger brother. And here I am wondering why I strike the fear of God into some people... :doh:

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
There's anger-irritation that I control and that turns into coldness. This isn't superrare. And then there are uncontrolled outbursts of anger that are exceedingly rare. I'm not generally angry at myself very often, I think.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
To tell you the truth I could never understand people who want physical fight , smash things , scream .....

Few day ago I had conversation with one guy.

He: OMG! Did you just said a bad word?

Me: No I didn't.

He: Don't play games with me,you said a bad word!

Me: No I didn't

He: Bahh I don't have time for this.

I truly think that I didn't said a bad word.

The fact that the guy who knowns me for 18 years did that speaks for itself.

SquirrelTao

MBTI Type
INXX
I'm wondering if temper is a genetic trait that is unrelated to type. I'm also thinking that socialization plays heavily into how somebody expresses their anger.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I am generally very cool and logical. It's when I feel backed into a corner that I respond with aggression that may far exceed the perceived threat. My mom's bf swore at my mom while drunk at a christmas party and (quiet me) stood up and whipped a full water bottle with precision across the room and hit him flush in the face. Then his pride was hurt and he wanted to fight me and some guys stepped in to hold him back and after a short jerry springer episode we finally kicked him out of the house. More recently, a guy was coming on very aggressively with his stick at hockey and I shoved him back and then I looked into his eyes and I thought he was going to go so I threw a combo pre-emptively and dropped him before he could sucker me first. (Incidentally, this was beer league hockey and I'm 23 and this guy was maybe 45ish). But after I tried to make amends with him as we were waiting to get in the dressing room because his ego was hurt and in any event I don't like bringing conflict and animosity into the dressing room. Growing up I used to get in fights all the time. In grade six I figure I got in at least one fight per week. I had a lot of anger growing up. I can remember being in grade two and my jewish teacher whom I had a crush on sent me to the office and, for retribution, I drew a big nazi sign in my notebook and when she came to the office to check up on me I tilted it so she could see it. I think a living organism desires above all to vent its strength. If one has an abundance of anger the best thing is to channel it to a positive outlet. I think my underlying anger has been the source of a lot of my achievements in life. The worst trap an angry INTJ can fall into is one wherein that anger and explosive energy is not directed in the right places. Then it will begin to take over our entire worldview and we'll be negative cynical seeds from which nothing good grows. But to sublimate this energy into some type of aesthetic expression is a corridor to true uniqueness.