User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: INTJ Anger

INTJ's may not get truly angry often, but they do get frustrated easily. People may confuse this with anger. (This goes double for ENTJ's.)
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

For non-INTJs:
    Have you ever encountered an angry INTJ before? What was it like?
    I don't think I have ever encountered an angry INTJ, but only an extremely frustrated one. Weird, seeing a frutrasted INTJ is weird, because he tears when he is frustrated, which scares me terribly, seeing that I am very soft towards tears.
    If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?
    No. I have briefly seen some parts of the inner workings in his brain, terribly amusing, must i say, but scary if you think of it in another way. Sly. sly. sly. and crossing paths with him means doomday, when he is in a dangerous mood, but when he is in a happy mood, his slyness comes off as amusing.
    Are you intimidated or frightened by the idea of an INTJ being angry at you?
    Yes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI

I have a close friend who is INTJ and have never seen him express anything worse than frustration. Thank god that he can find stuff to occasionally laugh at aloud, though, because his laugh is contagious and makes my occasional day.

Frustrated, sometimes.
    Angry, rarely.

I just have to keep my perfectionism under control. Other than that I rarely get angry.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

violaine

For non-INTJs:

Have you ever encountered an angry INTJ before? What was it like?
    I used to go out with an INTJ. He only got angry twice. Both times it was unexpected and icy and intense. Once via email. That was brutal. The other time we were out and he received some bad news. I happened to be looking at him with some concern. He was sooo pissed that I was looking at him like that. He said something really cutting and then just watched me squirm... eww. I've never experienced anything like it. We ended up having a huge, weird argument kind of at his insistence. He was funny with me for weeks afterwards. I think he didn't like losing control of himself in that way. I'm not sure that he felt bad though.

If not, are you curious about it? Would you dare anger an INTJ just to be able to see it?
    No and No

Are you intimidated or frightened by the idea of an INTJ being angry at you?
    I can hold my own, but I definitely do not like that kind of anger. I was a little intimidated at first with this person just because I didn't know the depth of it. And I hate fighting if it can be helped.

We're still sort of friends. Though he's still very polite, I'm well aware that he could demolish me and never even look back over his shoulder... makes me uneasy... He has a way about him that is very much do not mess with me. Though also really inoffensive and detached (hard to explain). I haven't brought up those past incidents cos he wouldn't laugh about it... hmm, maybe I should bring them up, hehe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 so/sp

the mature INTJs i know never express anger...they just get frustrated.

the immature ones, explode with Fi. They end up sounding like an angry ESFP...think homer simpson strangling Bart.

Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
    I tend to be perpetually irritated, but rarely does it progress to full-fledged anger. On occasion I have been known to make use of the silent treatment and there have been one or two times where I have actually lashed out at people, resulting in physical injury of myself or the other party most times it has happened. In this particular situation, said other person had just slighted me one too many times.

How will INTJs show anger? How do you do it?
    I don't know how other INTJs show anger (I only know one IRL and I've only seen him angry a couple of times), but I tend to control my reactions to intense emotions (whatever the emotion may be). When I'm angry, it's like a foul concoction that is simmering, but could explode at any moment if one more thing is added. It is an extremely fine line between the passive-aggressive anger and the point where either I'll find myself pinned on the floor or the person with whom I am angry will.

How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?
    Since I tend to be overcritical of people and do not often give second chances, my anger with other people lasts quite a long time. I cannot truly say that I regret becoming angry, but had I the chance to re-do things, I would not have gotten so angry with other people. I have seen it ruin friendships of other people whom I know.

However, frustration is a completely different question. I frequently get frustrated, whether with myself as I am a perfectionist or with other people... or just the situations in which I find myself.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.

For INTJs:
    Have you ever been angered before? Why? What was it like?
    Yes. Many times when I was young. Whenever I'm just annoyed, I'll tend to withdraw in the brooding mode, lol. But whenever I'm genuinely angry, I feel like nothing I'm doing is working and I'm totally out of control (not stupid enough to say, kill someone, though). It's basically ESFP mode. The last time I recall actually getting this angry was a very long time ago, and resulted in me stabbing someone (no major damage done). Now I realize that very few things are worth getting that upset over.

How long did it lasted? Did you regret it?

It's like impossible for me to stay angry for more than one day, even if I try to.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

WOW this is interesting stuff. i wonder if you guys truly have never experienced it or just didn't realize it. if you guys really never get angry, i can see this as a great social tool.

INTJs have the ability to get angry... I think it just takes more to push us over the edge into reacting than it would for most other types. However, angry INTJs (whether real or fictional) are very scary people to be around. It is a fine line between being frustrated or irritated and being truly angry... but you really don't want to force an NTJ to cross that line. I would think that INTJs would be especially tricky, as we tend to hide our emotions with reasonable success.
    "Science is the attempt to make the chaotic diversity of our sense-experience correspond to a logically uniform style of thought." -Einstein

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves, who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad memories and allow themselves to be provoked this easily weak people, in other words they stand no chance!" -Snape

Em. Female INTx and Proud of it. Left-handed Calligrapher. Writer. Scientist. Type Five Enneagram.