• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTP] INTP using Fi

Elaine

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
So, from what do I start? It' s been not so long since I discovered the MBTI typing system( this summer I guess) , but I was surprised on how accurate describtions it gave to me. The INTP describtion was all about me, except for some few traits. What is untipical for an INTP for me is that I can understand mine and other' s feelings, even though I' m bad at displaying my own feelings( except if someone angers me a lot, then I have a frustration outburst) . And then I learned about cognitive functions. All of them seemed fitting to me, except for one. Instead of Fe, the inferior function of an INTP, I seem to use Fi. I decide whether to stand up for somthing or not, hold up to my own morals instead of living by those set by society, my emotions are more expressed in actions rather than words, and I try to control mood rather than just give in to it( like, when I listen to music, I mostly choose songs to change my mood instead of choosing ones that fit my mood, which is a Fi trait) .
Currently I' m sixteen, but I' m pretty sure I underwent the teenage crisis several years ago, and my personality is stable. I have no doubts I am an INTP, I took several tests, besides many events in my life show it. Even as a kid, in school I always was the logical one, that' s why I' m sure I' m a T, and not an F. I never liked being in the crowds or large companies, so there is no way I' m an extrovert. I prefer to build knowledge based on logical patterns and theoretical outcomse rather than actual experience, and appear to be head - in - the - air to others all the time( I' m always thinking something inside my head) . Though my P sometimes borders with J( I like strategizing and can be manipulative sometimes if I need to achieve my goal) , it' s more fitting to me, as routine seems boring to me, and I prefer to not making any schedules, since there is always a possibility something out of place will happen, I am not orderly, and usually adapt plans yo what is in the moment( which is also one of the few S traits I have) . I am not emo/ depressed/ with personality disorders( though I suffered a depression a year ago) , and like I said, my character is perfectly stable. Yet this Fi seems totally out of place.
I am also sure it' s not upbringing. My parents divorced when I was really little, my father left and never contacted again, and I lived with my mother, so he had no influence on me. Though my mother doesn' t know about MBTI( in fact, she' s not an Internet person at all) , from my observations she looks like an ISTJ, but totally neglects her Fi. My grandma is a strong ESFJ( and a total personality clash with me) , I can see it very clearly. My other relatives don' t livw with me, so they don' t have direct influence on me.
To be sure I took cognitive functions tests, and I always got Fi instead of Fe. Besides, another odd trait is that not only I had my Ti and Ne at 100%, but also I had high Te and Ni. That' s what I got in one of them:

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (70%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (100%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (55%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (65%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
based on your results your type is likely - unclear

Could you please tell me how is this possible? And is it normal that I use a shadow function instead of a primary one?

P. S. Is my English okay? I' m not a native speaker.

great_bay

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
The downside of INTP's is no Inner feeling and values. I can see the downfall of INTP's for not having this. INTP's look for contradiction behavior and what make sense. Fi accepts things for the way is it. I have Fi as my 8th function. It doesn't come out much. I look for people who have Fi such as FP and TJ users. When I use Fi, I find it a tremendous relief.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The downside of INTP's is no Inner feeling and values. I can see the downfall of INTP's for not having this. INTP's look for contradiction behavior and what make sense. Fi accepts things for the way is it. I have Fi as my 8th function. It doesn't come out much. I look for people who have Fi such as FP and TJ users. When I use Fi, I find it a tremendous relief.
:rofl1:

Bknight

Lost in the Multiverse
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The downside of INTP's is no Inner feeling and values.

Me as I read this:
:huh:
:unsure:
:rofl1:

But in all seriousness, you've got it way wrong. Everyone has inner values unless they're a psycho/sociopath, regardless of type. Fi is not solely responsible for that. In fact, the OP's description of Fe makes that explicitly clear.

Is my English okay? I' m not a native speaker.

Your English is perfect. :)

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Crap test that doesent follow MBTI or jungian typology. Also INTPs attitude towards F is extraverted, not introverted

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Two-Headed Boy
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do not attempt.

Ok, iIm not really sure what this, but... whenever I get passionate about a cause or something, I pour all my energy into that and end up alienating people. It works out better when I just sit in the background and let other folks duke it out, or kind of just drop my opinion there, and leave it.

I guess it's to my credit, though, that I usually only do this after making an informed analysis of what's going on, and that I'm not just merely giving into peer pressure or something.