Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: INTJs and Depression

Member Array
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Post Thanks / Like

I cope with depression by dealing each second with each second. Depression is like an endless void-man, no matter how much I run, maneuver or try to out smart that guy is always there. Always right behind me I can feel him/her on my shoulder at all times. Always smiling at me. I often smile back and walk closer and closer and the closer I get the more his grin widens. But just as I get right next to him I spit in his face and run away again. I fight him frequently. Frequently I lose a little bit, like he takes a little piece of me and so I continue to search everywhere for inspiration. Little things that build me up and repair me. Things that make me stronger. From music to TV to books to sport to people to situations to experiences. Temporary distractions help too.

He'll never go away, I've basically accepted that. My depression is part of who I am, sure he keeps me from 'fulfilling my potential' but maybe my potential wouldn't be there without him. My point is that my battles with depression have made me 'stronger' and I cope by reminding myself that as long I stay fighting, then I am still alive with endless possibilities in front of me.

Although tbh sometimes I wish depression would seriously fuck off and die. What a cunt depression is, fuck me. There is no emoticon for how much of a dickhead it is. I should probably exercise too but I can't be arsed, happy people achieve fuck all anyway.

Apologies for this post.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Post Thanks / Like

It's confirmation bias hell [thinking I'm in poor health, despite the fact that I'm not!, etc.], manifested in rigid movements of the body, and unwilling to get out of the house.
    =====
    Even when we have lost hope in resolving the problems we have, we are still fundamentally part and parcel of the world. By virtue of this understanding, we can do anything realisable within the universe. [So don't give up ]

If you don't like the way this universe is - go somewhere else!" - Richard Feynman

What do you think about me?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really get depressed. I love myself and the possibilities of life too much to ever get truly depressed. From what everyone has said, I guess the closest thing to depression for me is boredom. If I find something I love or feel committed to, I find a new lease on life. Or, if I feel really upset or guilty about something, I talk a long nap and wake up with a clear conscience. I'm great at compartmentalizing.

Anyway, I have a lot of depression in my family, and I think a good tip to beat it is to share your problems with someone else. As INTJs, we don't like to do that. But I think that keeping your depression to yourself is one of the worst ways to cope. Trying to fix your problem on your own (a huge tendency of INTJs) can be very detrimental. I love typology and everything, but I don't think the answer to depression lies in MBTI or Enneagram alone. I'll stop before I begin sounding like a Prozac commercial.

Junior Member Array
    MBTI
    INtJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    Yeah, how's that work out? Just wondering how you INTJs have avoided or coped with depression within your own life.
    well, it depends on what is causing my feelings of depression.. Usually its a present circumstance that is bothing me, so i try to look to the future and realize that I ultimatly have control of where I end up in life

figsfiggyfigs

This thread is depressing me.