• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJs and uh...sex

stace_in_cali

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
OK new to the site here. I'm 25 and I have had interest in typology since my teens. Well I used to be INFP but now I test as INTJ and agree with a lot of the INTJ traits about me. I used to be all emotional and I learned to shut off those annoying "feelings"

Well one thing I read about my type is that they would rather think abut sex than, well, do it. This has always been true of me. I have just never been a sexual person and I guess I've always wondered if that's weird. I mean our society places all this emphasis on it, it saturates our culture. Besides I prefer mental stimulation and a scintillating convo is a prerequisite for me before sex.

Dammit, am I weird. Anyone else the same way? Well if it makes any difference I've only been with one partner and we have been together 8 years. But even before that, sex for me was like "really?"

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
test doesent determine your type, it only suggests a type. what the descriptions says about typical traits are just stereotypes and doesent even fit to most. you can be some type and not identify with the description much at all. your type doesent change.

MBTI 101

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But the OP sounds pretty INTJ. 20% of the INTJs have 80% of the sex.

Cartesian Theater

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w1
It sounds like you're just a bit hormonal. My mom's an INTJ and bipolar, and I don't think she's gone 24 hours without sex since she was 17. Sex drive isn't really something that is dictated by personality type.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Sex, for the sake of sex, has never appealed to me either. It has to have meaning. If you feel vanilla humping just doesn't really cut it, why not try to delve into the more deeper psychological aspects of sex and find something to spice it up. Especially INTJ's are particularly good at that. *hint*

Since this is not the place to talk about that in detail, I'll let you fil in the rest. :p

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well one thing I read about my type is that they would rather think abut sex than, well, do it. This has always been true of me. I have just never been a sexual person and I guess I've always wondered if that's weird. I mean our society places all this emphasis on it, it saturates our culture. Besides I prefer mental stimulation and a scintillating convo is a prerequisite for me before sex.

I don't think this is an odd way to see it for an INTJ but it's not a permanent stamp on you for eternity either. I love to think about sex, then implement all my ideas. I require attraction be met on a cerebral level first, it is my preferred foreplay. The difference is, I think it is a waste of time to simply stop there. You have had one partner, sex could be a whole other world with someone else. These are suggestions of course, but it's completely fine if you never place sex as a priority at all.

RaptorWizard

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Half of the INTJ population probably didn't even know how to masturbate till age 15, rendering their sex lives hopeless!

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But the OP sounds pretty INTJ. 20% of the INTJs have 80% of the sex.

Haha. This is probably true.

It is an INTJ stereotype. But it's ok to not be that sexual, as long as you and your partner/s are happy.

Half of the INTJ population probably didn't even know how to masturbate till age 15, rendering their sex lives hopeless!
Well I didn't until I was 19...I preferred to think about it and avoid anything physical until I actually physically did it. And now I'm a nymph.

funkadelik

good hair
MBTI Type
lmao
The INTJ I was with for a year was very into sex as a way of expressing his affection and attraction to me. And he wanted to express those things often and emphatically. :laugh: This was when I was just getting into MBTI, so my first impression of INTJs was that beneath their icy exteriors lie a secret sex kitten interior.

But, of course, this is not necessarily the case. As many people pointed out, MBTI type doesn't tell much about sex drive. There's a lot to be said about upbringing, values and the nature of someone's relationship influencing how much a person wants to have sex and the nature of the sex that person wants to have.

Daemon Corax

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp
Here's a quote from Paulo Coelho's 11 Minutes: "The world revolved around something that only took eleven minutes." I do sometimes feel that the world revolves around something that has no importance whatsoever to me. I do think about sex, but I sort of find no point in it, why would I want to do that?
I've also noticed this pattern amongst INTJs: we're either very sexual or almost asexual beings, rarely something in-between. 20% of the INTJs have 80% of the sex, indeed.