• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Turn Ons

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Do INTJs prefer to be the pursuer or the pursued? I'd like to hear from INTJs themselves or SOs to INTJs. Just curious.

Both but I think I lean towards being the persuer. I like to know I am wanted as well because sometimes I feel like I'm forcing them if I persue. I know that's just social conditioning talking and ever since I learned this lesson in high school, it fucks with my head. Thanks dad! :steam:

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
Do INTJs prefer to be the pursuer or the pursued? I'd like to hear from INTJs themselves or SOs to INTJs. Just curious.

Either.

However, I will say that if you wish to pursue me, never just expect me to pick up on your flirtation. A simple, "I'm interested," would set you apart from most, and in a good way (at least I think so).

As for the OP, I don't really consider any of them to be type specific. Being well-mannered or "classy" would never hurt though.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Dress like this.

sorayama_1.jpg

does this work?
kos-mos.jpg

I'm working on the costume for a convention :D

D

Dali

I prefer to be pursued. When I am the pursuer I am never fully convinced that the other person's feelings are true. I always suspect that it's like an innocent man who confesses to a crime under intense interrogation. I realize this is a very bad thing.

Both. But mostly pursued. I mean, I am a woman.

Lure an INTJ.... not such a good idea. He'll skeddadle when he works out you've been working things out. Direct is better. As in:

"So... dude... like... what are your turn ons?"

Throw in a bright eyed, bushy tailed blush but don't back down from the question and you're probably on your way.

Nothing good can come from this.

Both but I think I lean towards being the persuer. I like to know I am wanted as well because sometimes I feel like I'm forcing them if I persue. I know that's just social conditioning talking and ever since I learned this lesson in high school, it fucks with my head. Thanks dad! :steam:

Either.

However, I will say that if you wish to pursue me, never just expect me to pick up on your flirtation. A simple, "I'm interested," would set you apart from most, and in a good way (at least I think so)..

Thanks for your insightful responses! :)

Last edited:

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Lure an INTJ.... not such a good idea. He'll skeddadle when he works out you've been working things out. Direct is better. As in:

"So... dude... like... what are your turn ons?"

Throw in a bright eyed, bushy tailed blush but don't back down from the question and you're probably on your way.

Nothing good can come from this

Fack.

Okay guys thanks for your input. Could someone explain to me in a bit more detail why my Fi dom would be so appealing?

A

A592

I'd rather be pursued. I'd be too worried about the other person not liking me back to actually pursue anyone myself.

Memphis

I'd rather be the one pursuing. I like to have an idea of where things are moving and what's coming. And I like to be in control of the situation. Who knows where I'll end up if I let someone else drive this truck? Maybe it's my E talking, I dunno.

However, I do not want to be in charge in bed. (I just want to get there safely).

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ
Fack.

Okay guys thanks for your input. Could someone explain to me in a bit more detail why my Fi dom would be so appealing?

Everyone's different of course blah blah blah and so on, but...

Feeling, for an INTJ, is or isn't the key to action. We can think up a great amount of stuff, and that's pretty fun by itself, but it is introverted and meant to be done alone. And by ourselves we can engage well enough with the world as it is. But... if there is any kind of second party--a friend, a colleague, a person with a project of any kind--then feeling is the important gatekeeper and tells us whether to engage or disengage. If feeling is not being validated, or is being invalidated, chances are we'll shut up shop and take off for parts unknown.

The pitfall, the waiting black hole, the worthless void into which he must fall: feeling without action.

Sitting around feeling pleasant is not intended to be a permanent state for an INTJ. Sitting around and feeling comfortable being alone is okay. But sitting around with other people and ultimately doing nothing other than being validated causes an unexpected and pernicious kind of soul rot.

"I feel like I should be doing something"
"Then you should do, I don't care."
"I'd really like to start a [insert plan]"
"That's nice. How do you feel about it?"
"I feel shit, c'mon, I want to get started."
"So start already."
"Fine, whatever. I'm going to play video games."

Nothing good from this can come. Two I's sitting around the house together. It'll work if you both have your own outside sources of motivation to keep on accomplishing what you want to accomplish.

sculpting

Are you kidding me? You like bitchy slobs who can't cook?

Ah, an enfp it is...

A Fi dom is theoretically in a very good position to appeal to an INTJ, who has tertiary Fi and is therefore childlike and innocent in exactly the function that most defines your identity.

I recommend not being anything other than yourself.

This seems to work really well.

Fack.

It's like magic. I dunno why, but really it's INTJ magic dust. It even works on ISTJs too.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly. Show them your magical world and they're hooked. Kinda like a good video game :D

Bri

MBTI Type
INTJ
Two I's sitting around the house together. It'll work if you both have your own outside sources of motivation to keep on accomplishing what you want to accomplish.
QFT

My brother is an INTJ and he's dating an INFP. They work well together because they each have something outside their relationship that they're interested in. I think she snagged him by being a little zany and unpredictable, and by sharing his taste in movies/humor/geekery.

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
- show him a completely novel world that's a bit zany
- pick up on the little things he does, as he speaks less, does a whole lot more, and be original in your response to show that you 'got it' (by catering to his particulars, that are unique to him...like remember something he mentioned offhand he really liked)
- don't back away from going toe-to-toe in your views, and listen openly to his
- appreciate the oddball sarcasm and throw a few back
- you may not know it, but once he, in his mind, has gotten signs that you guys can have serious potential....he's off dreaming ("planning") of how you guys will be down the road, years later.....if he lets some of these visions slip, almost casually (to test how it's received), don't shy away from it, if you're ready and willing to go there. If he sees you retreating, he'll be once bitten, twice shy
- be spontaneous, adventurous...he's secretly wanting you to drag him out of his shell a bit

read: be a well-adjusted, creative, enthusiastic entp. sounds like a good strategy.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
QFT

My brother is an INTJ and he's dating an INFP. They work well together because they each have something outside their relationship that they're interested in. I think she snagged him by being a little zany and unpredictable, and by sharing his taste in movies/humor/geekery.

Yeah, most of us have a habbit of being like that...

:laugh:

Hey...I can cook....:unsure:

Same goes for my younger brother. He just did up a ginger lime chicken two nights ago and damn did it smell good while it was cooking - haven't asked if I could have some, yet, though.

SecantSquared

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Only thing that i would add, is don't act like you know about things you really don't. it's really annoying, and basically an instant turn-off. If you do know a lot about something (esp. if he doesn't), though, speak up about it (assuming it's interesting).

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Ah, an enfp it is...

This seems to work really well.

It's like magic. I dunno why, but really it's INTJ magic dust. It even works on ISTJs too.

Good to know I can cast a spell over him:devil:. If anyone can explain this though I would appreciate it. I'm very interested in exactly how this dynamic works.

Thessaly

I drink your milkshake.
MBTI Type
xNFP
Enneagram
3w4
Only thing that i would add, is don't act like you know about things you really don't. it's really annoying, and basically an instant turn-off. If you do know a lot about something (esp. if he doesn't), though, speak up about it (assuming it's interesting).

This has happened before. Super awkward. He didn't let me get away with it at all *cries*.