User Tag List

Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Female INTPs-What do they look like?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Female INTPs-What do they look like?

So, I've heard that being a male ENFJ is relatively rare (I've seen maybe three or four besides me in the ENFJ Cult ). Most ENFJs are female. I've also heard that the female INTP is almost non-existant.

As I've never met my supposed match in female form, what does an emotionally healthy/mature female INTP look like personally/interpersonally?

I've heard they like making gadgets...which struck me as ISTP. Kinda a minor detail, not sure.

Furthermore, to fulfill my complete curiosity, what does a good male ENFJ-female INTP relationship look like? Anybody in the forum have that relationship or know people who do to describe it?

I don't ask because I desire to find Myers-Briggs perfection when the right one crosses my path; maturity tends to soften personality conflict differences (or unwelcome similarities), and between two mature people, any relationship can flourish.

Still, I'm admittedly curious.

`~~Philosoflying~~` Array SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Post Thanks / Like

My mother, ESFJ and my father, INTP were deeply in love with each other but made a boring and horrible couple.

I think they shared some metaphysical connection, for they certainly did not share much else, besides three children.

Ew, maybe it was a sexual thing.

My dad had a love/hate/love relationship with my mom whereas my mom had a hate/love/hate relationship with my dad.

Not really addressing your question really, sorry.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INtP
    Enneagram
    549 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ni
    Post Thanks / Like

I've only known two male ENFJs in real life.

I am not a typical female INTP, for one my Fe is highly developed -- and what I noticed is that a primary connection point between me and these guys was how we chose to respect and deal with people. They and I shared similar sense of etiquette and social interaction... what behaviors were mature and appropriate and what ones were not. We were all very "like-minded" in that area, although sometimes in areas of personal responsibility they tended to overreach (IMO) while I expected more autonomy.

The next point of connection was N... and again, I score pretty high in Ni. But we were all good at envisioning who people were and what they could be.

I was actually pretty attracted to these guys, although sometimes they could come across as flaky and not rational when they got a vision for something. (The older ENFJ was definitely more stable and perceptive rationally than the younger one who was still acquiring some heavy life experience.) Those commitments and envisioned expectations of others would drive them but sometimes I saw their choices based on those visions are unrealistic.

I can imagine it could be difficult if you get an INTP woman from the other end of the spectrum, especially one with a more Ti+Si mindset. I'm not sure what the connection point is then. It would have to be based on the differences... the INTP is stable emotionally, and can cut through the relational haze without being swept away by it, and provides very good rational advice, while the ENFJ would have to be appreciated for their extroversion/reaching out, for their vision for people, and for their ability to navigate the social/relational waters for the INTP and thus make her socialization easier.

ISTP women are far more apt to tinker and play with gadgets and appreciate practical usage, although INTP women enjoy gadgets in terms of their potential and as part of a bigger systematic understanding of advancing technology.
    Hey Capa. We're only stardust.

She was waiting, but she didn't know for what. She was aware only of her solitude, and of the penetrating cold, and of a greater weight in the region of her heart. ~ Albert Camus

Movie Reviews: What Jenny Saw

Post Thanks / Like

There are many INTP women on this forum, including one in your area (though she is spoken for).

From what I've noticed, they tend to be humble, low-key, and easy to get along with.

As far as looks, in my opinon...
    The ones on the forum I've seen pictures of, and ones I have known in real life were prettier than average on average .

Though make-up may not be their thing, perhaps the lack of use of product has given them good complexion. IDK.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    XNFJ
    Post Thanks / Like

Low-key and calm sounds right, and not into appearances so much. Great with projects that require research - the INTP's I know are great at putting information together and getting things done. Pretty creative folks, too. In my experience, you have to sort of go and get them out - they don't engage a lot if left to their own devices, but once you get them out they can be friendly and interesting to talk to. Also, I think they like to debate about things? That's my impression. But that's like NTJ's, too - though NTJ's will come to a final decision, and NTP's like the process of the debate more? That's my theory.

Senior Member Array the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Post Thanks / Like

zooey deschanel + jason schwartzman?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I've only known two male ENFJs in real life.

I am not a typical female INTP, for one my Fe is highly developed -- and what I noticed is that a primary connection point between me and these guys was how we chose to respect and deal with people. They and I shared similar sense of etiquette and social interaction... what behaviors were mature and appropriate and what ones were not. We were all very "like-minded" in that area, although sometimes in areas of personal responsibility they tended to overreach (IMO) while I expected more autonomy.

The next point of connection was N... and again, I score pretty high in Ni. But we were all good at envisioning who people were and what they could be.

I was actually pretty attracted to these guys, although sometimes they could come across as flaky and not rational when they got a vision for something. (The older ENFJ was definitely more stable and perceptive rationally than the younger one who was still acquiring some heavy life experience.) Those commitments and envisioned expectations of others would drive them but sometimes I saw their choices based on those visions are unrealistic.

I can imagine it could be difficult if you get an INTP woman from the other end of the spectrum, especially one with a more Ti+Si mindset. I'm not sure what the connection point is then. It would have to be based on the differences... the INTP is stable emotionally, and can cut through the relational haze without being swept away by it, and provides very good rational advice, while the ENFJ would have to be appreciated for their extroversion/reaching out, for their vision for people, and for their ability to navigate the social/relational waters for the INTP and thus make her socialization easier.

ISTP women are far more apt to tinker and play with gadgets and appreciate practical usage, although INTP women enjoy gadgets in terms of their potential and as part of a bigger systematic understanding of advancing technology.
    Interesting, thank you for the feedback Jennifer.

Where vision is concerned, I am gradually learning how "weigh" facts and variables, rather than just charging in with blind enthusiasm to solve a problem or put an idea into motion. I'm still a cynical optimist (really desiring vision/idea/relationship/situation to work out, but believing on some level it won't because of past experience, in which failure may have occured because of my lack of forethought), but I can see myself progressing toward a more logical approach in my decision making process, especially as I develop greater self awareness.

I do believe that if you give an NFJ enough rope, he'll either hang himself, or find a way do the "impossible". It sounds irrational, but the type set can be very creative when there's a major reason to be. "Impossible" isn't such a concrete concept to us as long as we have the all-magical-non-logical "hope". That hope powers our creative mind.

Emotional stability is attractive, highly valued, and centering/anchoring to me, but Feeling in some form has to be present, otherwise, I dismiss that person as immature, cold, or heartless (perhaps as an NT would dismiss an immature NF as foolish without any capacity for rational thought). Good for you that you've developed Fe to such a high degree.

Ironically, most INFPs I met are a little too cutesy for my taste. If I can't ever take her seriously, than it's hard for me to fall for her.

Thank you again for the insight.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    There are many INTP women on this forum, including one in your area (though she is spoken for).

From what I've noticed, they tend to be humble, low-key, and easy to get along with.

As far as looks, in my opinon...
    The ones on the forum I've seen pictures of, and ones I have known in real life were prettier than average on average .

Though make-up may not be their thing, perhaps the lack of use of product has given them good complexion. IDK.
    Haha, thanks ygolo, I was kinda hoping you might have something to say. I'm curious if socionics body typing has any scientific basis in reality...

And I'm not dating at the moment, even if there was an INTP nearby I'd want to take a closer look at. I am primarily curious.

MBTI
    intp
    Post Thanks / Like

Another thread in the fine line of ENFJ dudes asking about INTP chicas! But with the same motive? Hmmm . . . A few hints, but more skillful handling, if so.

A similar thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-women.html
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Another thread in the fine line of ENFJ dudes asking about INTP chicas! But with the same motive? Hmmm . . . A few hints, but more skillful handling, if so.

A similar thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ntp-women.html
    Judging by the first page of the thread, mmmm...no. Like I said, not interested in pics, or dating anybody. I just wanted an idea.