• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] Mentally Excited

Ism

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Not sure if this was brought up before, but I've detected, over the past few months, that I've experienced periods of hyperactivity in my mind.

It generally happens when I'm trying to go to sleep, and then fail to do so. At that time my mind goes a a mile minute jumping from one possibility to the next after I just came up with an idea I liked.

My heart rate tends to accelerate, I think (I'll have to confirm that), and it's hard not to smile in excessive amounts over my idealistic ideas and the future repercussions that could result from it (which tend to be overly idealistic, as well.)

Or something along those lines. I thought it was sort of strange/interesting.

Orangey

Blah
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
6w5
This happens to me quite a bit. It's part of the reason for my terrible sleep patterns and near insomnia.

ThatsWhatHeSaid

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Buddhists call it monkey mind. It's fun when your mood is positive, and sucks when your mood is negative. Either way, it's interesting, and yeah, you get a rush of neat ideas and connections.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
Yeah, thats how I usually accomplish things. I do get it at night and I'm a slight insomniac because of it, I try to take advantage. I really think though that even in the day if I get interested or psyched about somethingI can persevere and maintain it for a relatively long time.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I'll get it at night a lot, because perhaps there tends to be less outside stimulus late at night (light, people, schedules, work..) so I am able to focus intensely on things for hours uninterrupted.

Every time I get my sleep pattern right it will slowly shift back to staying up all night.

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I'll get it at night a lot, because perhaps there tends to be less outside stimulus late at night (light, people, schedules, work..) so I am able to focus intensely on things for hours uninterrupted.

Every time I get my sleep pattern right it will slowly shift back to staying up all night.

Yes, thats why I almost hate to ever sleep before midnight. I can usually get a real good stretch of productivity for a couple hours from 10 onwards. Its funny you mentioned that, because that is exactly the reasoning and justification I use to explain it to others. Theres nothing like the quiet and lack of life at that time, even in the day or wee hours of the morning theres still too much going on for my brain to absolutely focus on things.

Do you think part of the reason is that your hyper attentive to stimulus? because in my case that is one of the things I hate about my brain. I absolutely cannot not be attentive to every single little thing going on around me if I'm not currently in deep thought. I cannot partition my thoughts externally nearly as well as extroverts, I get a little bit of everything.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Yes, thats why I almost hate to ever sleep before midnight. I can usually get a real good stretch of productivity for a couple hours from 10 onwards. Its funny you mentioned that, because that is exactly the reasoning and justification I use to explain it to others. Theres nothing like the quiet and lack of life at that time, even in the day or wee hours of the morning theres still too much going on for my brain to absolutely focus on things.

Do you think part of the reason is that your hyper attentive to stimulus? because in my case that is one of the things I hate about my brain. I absolutely cannot not be attentive to every single little thing going on around me if I'm not currently in deep thought. I cannot partition my thoughts externally nearly as well as extroverts, I get a little bit of everything.

I think how we react to stimulus has to do with our introversion.. we simply have more going on in many parts of the brain.

"The PET scans revealed that introverts have more activity in the frontal lobes of the brain and anterior, or front, thalamus. These areas are activated when a person's brain takes on internal processing such as remembering, problem solving and planning. Extroverts exhibit more activity in the anterior cingulate gyrus, temporal lobes and posterior thalamus. These areas are typically thought to be more involved in sensory processing such as listening, watching or driving.

The differences in cognitive style and sensory-processing relate to the qualities associated with introversion and extroversion. True introverts are quiet, inwardly focused and reclusive. Extroverts are gregarious, socially active and sensation seeking."

Introverts At The Front, Extroverts To The Rear

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Not sure if this was brought up before, but I've detected, over the past few months, that I've experienced periods of hyperactivity in my mind.

It generally happens when I'm trying to go to sleep, and then fail to do so. At that time my mind goes a a mile minute jumping from one possibility to the next after I just came up with an idea I liked.

My heart rate tends to accelerate, I think (I'll have to confirm that), and it's hard not to smile in excessive amounts over my idealistic ideas and the future repercussions that could result from it (which tend to be overly idealistic, as well.)

Or something along those lines. I thought it was sort of strange/interesting.
:laugh:Same boat, sometimes I can't stop smiling in the street or wherever I am because I'm daydreaming or fantasizing about something :ninja:.
I am the kind of person who can miss two nights of sleep because I'm excited or sad about something. I bit my lips so I don't end up smiling like a creep at people. What usually happens is that something happens and triggers that "staining mood", it lasts kind of long at times:blush:.