User Tag List

First 123 Last

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

INTJs are open-minded... but in terms of brainstorming... I'll say Ne of ENXP would be far more creative.

I can come up with one of two workable solution for something that'll probably work, as compared to my ENTP friend who comes up with 10s of them. True, some of them are absolutely impractical but there'll be a few gems in the mix.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think brainstorming takes on many different guises: refining ideas, creating associations, generating entirely new ideas, etc.
    I think INTJ's do a good job at combining them into one package but they don't excel at any one. They will consistently produce good workable ideas but with a NTP mentality there is always something to be added to NTJ ideas. With NTP's there is always something to be refined.

Quote Originally Posted by AvereX View Post
    lol
    the most open-minded - yes
    not the most flexible
    Ha yeah. maybe if we could actually SEE what the hell goes on in there instead of getting little Te bites with their own personal assurance that their open to ideas and that their ideas are great.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENFJ

ENPs would probably be the best brainstormers.

INJs are kind of like, if brainstorming were fishing, they soon have something really heavy on the other end of the line, and they really want to figure out what it is, despite the fact that, while it could be a big fish or the Loch Ness Monster, the hook may have just caught on the other boat ten yards away.

Pretty much, the idea of there may be plenty of fish in the sea, but this is the one I want right now.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Keirsey description
    According to Keirsey, Masterminds (INtj) are natural strategists, better than any other type at brainstorming approaches to situations.

MBTI
    INTP

INTJ - Concise but somewhat elaborate ideas
    INTP - Precise and elaborate ideas
    ENTP - Elaborate and some what concise ideas
    ENTJ - Concise and to the point ideas.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity - the ABCs of Te writing
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Aimahn View Post
    Ha yeah. maybe if we could actually SEE what the hell goes on in there instead of getting little Te bites with their own personal assurance that their open to ideas and that their ideas are great.
    Perhaps if you were to shift perspective you might...see.

Ni is probably the process closest to the concept of inspiration, so it makes sense for INXJs to have a particular gift for brainstorming and coming up with meaningful connections triggered by a very minimal stimulus.

Actually, it's interesting...I lack the protective impulse that many people have about their ideas. I know there are more where they came from anyway.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    A colleague of mine came up to me today, and asked if he could get some ideas from me for a project he's doing for his masters course in computer science. I told him: you've come to the right person (I know I must annoy my colleagues when I make these kinds of statements in the middle of the office, but I know it's the truth). He explained the problem, and sure enough, I gave him an idea which he loved and is going to use.

I find that I'm able to think of at least three or four alternative solutions to any problem on the spot (given that it's a topic I can relate to). I'm sure that this is an ability that is shared by other INTJs.

So:

- Are you an INTJ and are you able to do this kind of thing?
    - Have you worked with other INTJs and do you find they are good for generating ideas?
    - Do you think that INTJs are over-rated in this respect, and do you think there are other types better at brain-storming?
    I'm pretty good at stuff like that, too. My ISTP husband's ideas are more practical than mine, but also very good.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

INTPs could take INTJs in a brainstorming contest any day. There's always a storm in my brain.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    Perhaps if you were to shift perspective you might...see.

Ni is probably the process closest to the concept of inspiration, so it makes sense for INXJs to have a particular gift for brainstorming and coming up with meaningful connections triggered by a very minimal stimulus.

Actually, it's interesting...I lack the protective impulse that many people have about their ideas. I know there are more where they came from anyway.
    The thing is your judgement factor Te only allows people to see short tidbits. We don't ever actually see the brainstorming process. Ti lays it all out in intricate detail, Te by definition categorizes and parses it. That is why Te users are more concise and practical on average.