First 34567 Last

Thread: INTP subtypes

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

These seem like they were made as some sort of joke in reference to something specific (maybe a specific site, or a specific discussion thread), but if I were to take them at face value and actually evaluate which one I match most closely, I'd have to say it's a mixture of 1 and 2. Liberal Loser and Golden Boy/Girl. Mostly Liberal Loser.

And, just to offer a different opinion, I think that, aside from the getting laid and going out to get drinks bits, the Cynical Realist sounds pretty lame. Educated, yet stuck in "stupid and meaningless jobs?" Are the "street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom?" Eww. "Street philosopher" alone sounds suspect to me. The overall impression I get is that this type of person is a loser who likes to mask their under-achievement with sarcasm and pompous self-importance. Bullshitters.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    These seem like they were made as some sort of joke in reference to something specific (maybe a specific site, or a specific discussion thread), but if I were to take them at face value and actually evaluate which one I match most closely, I'd have to say it's a mixture of 1 and 2. Liberal Loser and Golden Boy/Girl. Mostly Liberal Loser.

And, just to offer a different opinion, I think that, aside from the getting laid and going out to get drinks bits, the Cynical Realist sounds pretty lame. Educated, yet stuck in "stupid and meaningless jobs?" Are the "street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom?" Eww. "Street philosopher" alone sounds suspect to me. The overall impression I get is that this type of person is a loser who likes to mask their under-achievement with sarcasm and pompous self-importance. Bullshitters.

End of thread
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Ahh you ENTPs have got us pegged. The devious yet lovable J. F. Sebastians to our Tyrell.

Would have to say I can’t be pigeon holed but all apply except #4 to some degree apply to me mostly number 5 (although I have gone through metamorphosis of the other types with differing emphasis at different stages.)

Whew that reminds me how it took me until my late 20s to find out how to get regularly laid without committing to a relationship (and thats because I can't commit to a relationship).

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Cynical Realist sounds like a bigger loser than all of the others.

Yet no one will pick anything else because Cynical Realist is the only one not laiden with bullshit.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I guess I'm the last one, except I care about people like a whiny little bitch...

Edit: Yeah, the cynical realists need to grow up, and I'm included

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Of course cynical realists are the most tragic, but who really gives a shit when we're just coasting on by, avoiding the path to nihilistic-schizophrenic-break-down mode?

All life is about is getting laid.

As someone who more or less fits the fifth stereotype, I just need to get laid more often/get the sexiness thing down.
    Ti = 19 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Te = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ne = 16[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fi = 15 [][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Si = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Ni = 12 [][][][][][][][][][][][]
    Se = 11[][][][][][][][][][][]
    Fe = 0

-----------------
    Tiger got to hunt, bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder why, why, why;
    Tiger got to sleep, bird got to land;
    Man got to tell himself he understand

MBTI
    INTP

Haha wow, that's a stupid list. That said, I'm a cynical realist since it's the only remotely charming option even though I'm not cynical and don't think the universe is a joke. I haven't the slightest idea why this list pisses me off so much even though it's supposed to be funny. Probably because it's inaccurate and bitter.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable_Money View Post
    Cynical Realist sounds like a bigger loser than all of the others.

Yet no one will pick anything else because Cynical Realist is the only one not laiden with bullshit.
    WHAT HAVE I DONE!?

Ive bumped this horrible thread back to the front.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm my own subtype. None of the above fit me.

Humpf. *feels left out* (*ponders* Maybe a tiny bit of liberal loser? Subjectively at least. )
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    These seem like they were made as some sort of joke in reference to something specific (maybe a specific site, or a specific discussion thread),
    That was my opinion too.

Of course, the biggest issue is that -- as jokes -- they weren't that funny and ended up sounding like a half-hearted real attempt to subcategorize the type... hence all the confusion abounding...

(IMO if you do jokes, ya gotta go over the top baybee!)

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm my own subtype.
    Isn't that sort of oroboric?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft