User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 69

Thread: INTP subtypes

  1. #31
    Senior Member Willfrey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    IsTP
    Posts
    615

    Default

    Everyone is a #5 because it is the only description that isn't filled with backhanded insults.

    This list is biased and stupid.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

  2. #32
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    5) Cynical Realist:
    This type of INTP has seen the world, and realized that they want no part of it, except where they can get knowledge, experience, and entertainment from it. They see life for what it is, a big cosmic joke, and often wonder if they should laugh or cry, but otherwise just say the hell with it, and go get laid. They tend to be sarcastic and funny, are world travelers, and can blend in to any environment, and they tend to get laid a lot. They also tend to be fairly well educated, yet stuck in worthless and meaningless jobs, both because the people around them are idiots and because they don't have the mindless compulsion to kiss ass to move up in life. They are the street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom. They tend to play multiple instruments, and just generally look cool and sexy. Their experience is as wide as their knowledge is deep, and tend to be very observant, and get laid a whole lot. They shower regularly, dress well yet comfortably, tend to be sexy in a low key sort of way, and tend to score easily with members of the opposite sex. Although their living quarters tend to appear disorganized, it is an organized disorganization, arranged in such a way as to be easy to get from the bed to the door, and back without interruption. This subtype also tends to like to party, likes to go out for drinks, can get along with pretty much anyone, and tends to get laid more than any other subtype of INTP.
    This one is by far the best description of me. It fits me about as well as a Hervé Villechaize costume. And I'm 6 feet tall.

  3. #33
    now! in shell form INA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    intp
    Posts
    3,198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post

    5) Cynical Realist:
    This type of INTP has seen the world, and realized that they want no part of it, except where they can get knowledge, experience, and entertainment from it. They see life for what it is, a big cosmic joke, and often wonder if they should laugh or cry, but otherwise just say the hell with it, and go get laid. They tend to be sarcastic and funny, are world travelers, and can blend in to any environment, and they tend to get laid a lot. They also tend to be fairly well educated, yet stuck in worthless and meaningless jobs, both because the people around them are idiots and because they don't have the mindless compulsion to kiss ass to move up in life. They are the street philosopher, the beat poet, the writers, and fountains of knowledge and wisdom. They tend to play multiple instruments, and just generally look cool and sexy. Their experience is as wide as their knowledge is deep, and tend to be very observant, and get laid a whole lot. They shower regularly, dress well yet comfortably, tend to be sexy in a low key sort of way, and tend to score easily with members of the opposite sex. Although their living quarters tend to appear disorganized, it is an organized disorganization, arranged in such a way as to be easy to get from the bed to the door, and back without interruption. This subtype also tends to like to party, likes to go out for drinks, can get along with pretty much anyone, and tends to get laid more than any other subtype of INTP.
    Guys, I'm not sure. Help me out. Does he say whether the cynical realist ever gets laid?
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

  4. #34
    Senior Member Shimmy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Posts
    1,868

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kora View Post
    and go get laid... they tend to get laid a lot... and get laid a whole lot... score easily with members of the opposite sex... tends to get laid
    Only about five times. I think he's grossly overestimating my getting laid-ness.

  5. #35
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by InaF3157 View Post
    Guys, I'm not sure. Help me out. Does he say whether the cynical realist ever gets laid?
    Cynical realists know about the power of suggestion through repetition.

  6. #36
    That chalkboard guy Matthew_Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Of those five, #2 would fit me the most, with a dash of #3 and #5 in there.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

  7. #37
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    This seems kind of stupid, the person obviously considers himself a 5 and the others are just people who pissed him off on a forum.
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

  8. #38
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Fuck all you fakers, I'm a #3 born and bred.

  9. #39
    Senior Member zago's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    1,171

    Default

    Given that nearly all INTPs are enneagram type 5s, they could easily be further subdivided and described by what their wing is and what variant they are.

  10. #40
    Senior Member Valuable_Money's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Posts
    681

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Given that nearly all INTPs are enneagram type 5s, they could easily be further subdivided and described by what their wing is and what variant they are.

    5w6 FTW
    Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh? wgah'nagl fhtagn

Similar Threads

  1. [INTP] 24 INTP Subtypes
    By Mal12345 in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 10:51 AM
  2. [INTP] INTP Subtypes (New)
    By RaptorWizard in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-06-2013, 05:03 PM
  3. [INTP] Rant on INTPs
    By ygolo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 230
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 11:12 AM
  4. [INTP] INTP Rage
    By Schizm in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 10-10-2007, 10:38 AM
  5. [INTP] Good things about INTPs
    By lastrailway in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO