First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Sounds like Ni and Te aren't balanced.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by zago View Post
    Sounds like Ni and Te aren't balanced.
    extraverted Sensing (Se) ***************************** (29.3)
    average use
    introverted Sensing (Si) ************************** (26.9)
    average use
    extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ****************************** (30.2)
    good use
    introverted Intuiting (Ni) ************************************* (37.1)
    excellent use
    extraverted Thinking (Te) ******************************* (31.2)
    good use

introverted Thinking (Ti) ******************************** (32.3)
    good use
    extraverted Feeling (Fe) **************** (16.8)
    limited use
    introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************ (36.2)
    excellent use
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    I?TP

I know you're asking bonified INTJs your question, but I still want to answer because I sometimes test to be INTj. And, I am also a self-taught artist...and a writer. In both endeavors, I've been "in the zone" as you describe it, and I feel like I'm merely here as an observer. My reports on my findings can be found in my artworks and my writing. In the process, my body is on auto-pilot while my brain and soul connect with the paint or clay. Perhaps this is how all artists are, but I do think INT's have a tendency to experience the body/mind disconnect. They live in the world inside their heads and think of their body (and its needs) only when it gets their attention.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
    Teaching yourself to abandon structure/control was the hardest step.....and become "unconscious". The irony is the more you are willing to "give up" of yourself, the more it gives back...there is a lesson in there somewhere.
    Intuitive, you are. I'm having the hardest time with this. With my writing, I've been doing it longer and there's little control once I get started. With my art, I've taken it seriously (as a career option) only recently, and I'm having a hard time letting myself just run in it with abandon.

There are times 8 hours seem like 30 minutes. ((cut)) ...I can shoot pool with my eyes closed. Things just flow....and my surroundings are hypersensitive. It feels as if I have energy projecting from my body. It pretty fucking cool...and surreal at the same time.
    Very well said. Exactly how it is when I'm having a good "in the zone" day.

It was a gradual process...like taking a chisel to a prison wall. Lots of failure along the way. This is why many an aspiring artist fail....its a pretty laborious task. Once your out though...there no going back. Like looking at life from the other side of a mirror.
    I'm on the other side of the mirror with my writing, so I know what I'm looking for as I chisel on the prison wall for my artwork. You, like my INTJ hubby, are very good at analogies.

I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing uncertain about the unconscious...it where pure truth manifests. All the answers people are seeking in their lives are spelled out for them in beautiful abstract metaphors.
    Interesting thought. Something to chew on. Thanks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

'Sounds very liberating and transcendentalistic.

Y'know, I remember reading from this one website that described the basic functions (N/S, F/T) in terms of some kind of spatial abstraction. When they described the characteristics of the INTJ type, it was very much like a kind of intangible energy.

You're very lucky, I think.

MBTI
    INTJ

I can only speak for myself...but am curious if this particular type shares the same vantage. I "feel" as if I am sometimes an "owl on the branch"... merely an observer to a situation forced upon me. (I am using a Bukowski documentary title "born in to this" as a reference.) There are times where my mind has separated from the physical...electrical impulse like a gas cloud just passing through. I forget to eat or clean up after myself...usually when I am in heavy creative mode. My power went off and I didnt reset my clocks for two weeks. I should mention that I am an artist and dont have to adhere to any particular schedule at times. Its part of my creative process...like an actor getting into a role. Just curious if other intjs go through this...or it isolated due to my career path? I studied the master artists lifestyles (psychologically) in my youth. In particular Picasso and Kubrick (intj). I might have fused my life experiences into a work ethic/philosophy molded from these two. It is second nature at this point....7500 hours in. I am self taught and used these two as my professors...art school is for suckers.

I should add that when I complete a new body of work...I go back to being organized. I am two days into development (which may take a few months) of new material. My posts may get interesting.
    Try to think beyond your senses (3-D) and try to let your subconscience flow into the dimensions of 4,5, and 6. You may get some strange revelations about the world. K that's crazy speak!

MBTI
    eNTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    LIE

Maybe it's just undiagnosed mania/hypomania?

"I have no need for good souls; an accomplice is what I want"--Sartre

psychic changes are born in your heart, entertain.

Blog

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Harlow_Jem View Post
    Maybe it's just undiagnosed mania/hypomania?
    No..as it is deliberate. I can be a precise, pragmatic MF if I have to....that will never leave me. If the seat 'gets too hot", I simply move. This is more about harnessing a "condition" in small doses than being a genetic victim. This is where the intj mindset makes its play.... I have learned to manufacture psychosis and get an honest observation (or at least 80%). I get to play "crazy" and its not a farce.

Banned
    MBTI
    type

That's typical INTJ behavior, you know, to F with people to see how they react.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Airporte View Post

You're very lucky, I think.
    Lucky to the casual observer...this is truly ruff business. I joke that I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemies.....but might suggest it to my closest friends.

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    That's typical INTJ behavior, you know, to F with people to see how they react.
    Doesnt matter at that point...really doesnt. Its as if something is speaking through you...and you just know. Hard to describe.....