• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Assumptions

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm curious what, if any, assumptions you hold about the world and people? Are there assumptions that are commonly held by INTJs? (For instance, do you assume you are superior to others in a room until proven otherwise?) Thoughts on INTJ assumptions?

BlackOp

MBTI Type
intj
I'm curious what, if any, assumptions you hold about the world and people? Are there assumptions that are commonly held by INTJs? (For instance, do you assume you are superior to others in a room until proven otherwise?) Thoughts on INTJ assumptions?

I assume people will steal my wallet if I leave it on the bar.......We have locks on our doors, cars, safes and bathrooms...also elaborate alarm systems, pin numbers and passwords for our computers. What does that universally say about ourselves?

silversun

MBTI Type
INTJ
First impressions matter a lot. For example, when I was boarding a Southwest Airlines plane, I realized the guy in front of me was a higher number than me and should have been behind somewhere. But it was only after he handed his boarding pass to the woman so it was too late. After something like that, I will assume you are an idiot and hold a major grudge against you. I will also treat you like you're stupid if you try to interact further with me. I don't like people who don't respect the rules, especially if I was supposed to be a leg up from him ;p
The point is, if I see strangers doing or saying something idiotic/stupid I will just assume they ARE an idiot.

Firelie

Magical
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
I assume people are talking on those stupid bluetooth headsets if there's no one else around and they just start speaking.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Your question is awfully broad.
Would you mind presenting your list of assumptions?

Misty_Mountain_Rose

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
The problem with assuming is that it isn't always a conscious decision like 'Oh, I think I'm going to assume that because this person ran a red light that they are a terrible driver all the time'. Its more subconscious, especially for an intuitor I would think. I'm pretty sure most everyone uses their past experiences and present state of mind to assume a wide variety of things on a minute by minute basis every day. How close we are in our assumptions is another thing.

1. Watching out my office window, the woman checking her watch and hurriedly walking into the building is late for something.

2. The child throwing a temper tantrum in the store isn't very disciplined in general or the parents wouldn't be having such a hard time with him in public.

What we may not have known was that # 1 had no where to be, but wondered how long it was until her hot date that night, and it was starting to rain outside and maybe in #2 instance the child was sick or tired and doesn't normally act that way.

In my experience, assuming can be bad, but acting on those assumptions can be worse.

Provoker

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
I assume people are talking on those stupid bluetooth headsets if there's no one else around and they just start speaking.

Funny, I assume they're a schizo when that happens. (Note: if they are dressed well/are making sense then I'll assume they have a bluetooth that perhaps I just can't see from where I'm situated).

Haphazard

Don't Judge Me!
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Sometimes I have conversations like this:

Me: *about to throw vegetable scraps away*

Friend: You know, that'd make really great compost.

Me: Oh. Where's the compost heap?

Friend: We don't have one.

Me: ...Oh.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Most people are inefficient or don't see the big picture. That is about my only one. This economic fiasco is a great example of something I've been raving about in my circles for years. I feel vindicated now, though not sure if I should be happy about it. Course I have two more cards in the house to fall...

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Most people are inefficient or don't see the big picture. This economic fiasco is a great example of something I've been raving about in my circles for years. Course I have two more cards in the house to fall...

I feel the same way about the economy. If you're like me, then the two cards left to fall represent the rest of the collapse that hasn't happened yet. Or actually, I didn't really get that metaphor, what did you mean?

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
yikes. not exactly sunshine and rainbows huh?

Oh I'm very positive and throw bad jokes all over. I'm just following the purpose of the thread about our realist side. Not grumpy or pessimistic. Realistic. I'm a person that truly wants to bring positive change to our country and the world, and is what drives me in life. I am currently a very content INTJ:D

I feel the same way about the economy. If you're like me, then the two cards left to fall represent the rest of the collapse that hasn't happened yet. Or actually, I didn't really get that metaphor, what did you mean?

Oh there are many cards related to the economy ready to go, but they are not part of the "base" of the house of cards. The two in the base left are the ubsurd rising cost of secondary education while at the same time not producing a competitive intellectual trust within this country, and the second is the outrageous inflation related to health care costs, where we have hit 20% of our GDP in covering it. 20%!!!!!! That is 3 Trillion a year!

Smaller cards relate to energy, manufacturing base, and business aristocratic practices that still have to fall, but they are higher up. Once the bases drop, the rest will all come down, and we can finally start rebuilding the middle class correctly. Unfortuntately the fall will hurt but I believe in America the Phoenix scenario (die to be reborn brighter), and not a Romanism (all Empires must fall) scenario.

All of this added together, if they don't fall, will cause the table to collapse they are placed on, which is our National Debt. That is very complex and I won't go into that here.

Oh and Social Security? Yeah that is a debt issue, but I have a possible partisan fix to sell to some politician. However, I work on other things for the government and not sure if I want to jump into an economic think tank or not. However I truly believe it could be fixed and provide a much larger return that it already does with the same amount, if not more, of security it already provides.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.

Disagree. I argue against pessimists all the time. What you have pointed out is someone who sees both sides of the issues and can understand it better. Blind optimism and raging pessimism is what got us where we are (the former being the main cause).

One must become completely blind in order to truly see.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Why would someone be pessimistic if they KNOW it does not reflect reality? You see?

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Why would someone be pessimistic if they KNOW it does not reflect reality? You see?

Not sure what you are getting at unless you are assuming everyone perceives the same reality...

Pessimism is subjectively put on by an external opinion, not by ones self anyways. Just like morals, optimism and pessimism are in the eye of the beholder.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Pessimism is subjectively put on by an external opinion, not by ones self anyways. Just like morals, optimism and pessimism are in the eye of the beholder.

Exactly, that is why I said, "All pessimists think they're being realists." No one would knowingly adopt a position they didn't think reflected the true state of things. If I see the world as being a shitty place, I think this is how things really are.