User Tag List

123 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Default INTJ Assumptions

I'm curious what, if any, assumptions you hold about the world and people? Are there assumptions that are commonly held by INTJs? (For instance, do you assume you are superior to others in a room until proven otherwise?) Thoughts on INTJ assumptions?

MBTI
    intj

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    I'm curious what, if any, assumptions you hold about the world and people? Are there assumptions that are commonly held by INTJs? (For instance, do you assume you are superior to others in a room until proven otherwise?) Thoughts on INTJ assumptions?
    I assume people will steal my wallet if I leave it on the bar.......We have locks on our doors, cars, safes and bathrooms...also elaborate alarm systems, pin numbers and passwords for our computers. What does that universally say about ourselves?
    "A species of perfection and fantasy"......

MBTI
    INTJ

First impressions matter a lot. For example, when I was boarding a Southwest Airlines plane, I realized the guy in front of me was a higher number than me and should have been behind somewhere. But it was only after he handed his boarding pass to the woman so it was too late. After something like that, I will assume you are an idiot and hold a major grudge against you. I will also treat you like you're stupid if you try to interact further with me. I don't like people who don't respect the rules, especially if I was supposed to be a leg up from him ;p
    The point is, if I see strangers doing or saying something idiotic/stupid I will just assume they ARE an idiot.
    I - 67% N - 62% T - 22% J - 56%

MBTI
    INTJ

I tend to assume the worst.

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

I tend to assume people are dumber in groups.
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I assume people are talking on those stupid bluetooth headsets if there's no one else around and they just start speaking.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Provoker View Post
    Your question is awfully broad.
    Would you mind presenting your list of assumptions?

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

The problem with assuming is that it isn't always a conscious decision like 'Oh, I think I'm going to assume that because this person ran a red light that they are a terrible driver all the time'. Its more subconscious, especially for an intuitor I would think. I'm pretty sure most everyone uses their past experiences and present state of mind to assume a wide variety of things on a minute by minute basis every day. How close we are in our assumptions is another thing.

1. Watching out my office window, the woman checking her watch and hurriedly walking into the building is late for something.

2. The child throwing a temper tantrum in the store isn't very disciplined in general or the parents wouldn't be having such a hard time with him in public.

What we may not have known was that # 1 had no where to be, but wondered how long it was until her hot date that night, and it was starting to rain outside and maybe in #2 instance the child was sick or tired and doesn't normally act that way.

In my experience, assuming can be bad, but acting on those assumptions can be worse.
    Embrace the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    I tend to assume people are dumber in groups.
    I agree.

That making assumptions is very useful way of thinking.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Firelie View Post
    I assume people are talking on those stupid bluetooth headsets if there's no one else around and they just start speaking.
    Funny, I assume they're a schizo when that happens. (Note: if they are dressed well/are making sense then I'll assume they have a bluetooth that perhaps I just can't see from where I'm situated).