• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INTJ] INTJ Assumptions

Simplexity

MBTI Type
INTP
I've always been sort of known as a pessimist but I've never really identified with it in the true sense of the word. I think its more externalized. Sort of like, most people take things as they are but for me to really view anything I have to see the pitfalls and possibilities and naturally the way to do that is see something from a number of different perspectives.

Negativity is usually the most efficient and telling. I've always blended it with positive impossibilities( I meant possibilities but this could work) though, because when their used in tandem you get a more descriptive picture.

Last edited:

Maabus1999

MBTI Type
INTJ
Exactly, that is why I said, "All pessimists think they're being realists." No one would knowingly adopt a position they didn't think reflected the true state of things. If I see the world as being a shitty place, I think this is how things really are.

Then maybe I didn't understand your first point. I agree with this for the most part.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
I assume other people are entirely too soft, untill proven wrong or impressed. Alot of the time, I'll give someone the benefit of the doubt if they can proove they're not total morons or some hideous steryotype, but not generally. Alot of these people I see that are ditzy, happy, whatever, for no aparent reason, I assume are in denial or forcing it to impress someone. They get my attention if they're not completely readable, and even more so if I have a hard time with it. If they have a snobbish attitude, or talk to me as if I had no idea what I was talking about, however, then they're in for a surprise.

And yes, I assume the worst of people left to their own devices, and especially ones in groups. Annoying idiots and amusing idiots are two seperate things entirely though.

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.

Well then anything that is not optimism must therefore be pessimism. And vice versa, so really realism is both optimism in being open to a positive side, and pessimism for not expecting a whole lot of greatness- looking at the world in a broad picture and analying the overtones without a positive or negative bias.

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
Annoying idiots and amusing idiots are two seperate things entirely though.

What about people who act like idiots when they are quite intelligent how do INTJs react to them?

CJ99

Is Willard in Footloose!!
MBTI Type
ENTP
This thought process comes to mind:
"Why are they acting like idiots?"

Most of the time because they don't want to stand out of the crowd or be labeled a geek from what i've seen of thoses people. What do INTJs think of them?

plaguerat

MBTI Type
INTJ
What about people who act like idiots when they are quite intelligent how do INTJs react to them?

Unless we know they're inteligent and have judged for ourselvs that they aren't, we are quite annoyed. If we know them on the other hand, the context of "idiot" is entirely debatable.

If we think they're acting like idiots, even when we know they're intellectually capable, they're still idiots and thus very annoying. Even more so, I'd say, because we trust them to be "smart" and here they do something like this.

Kalach

Filthy Apes!
MBTI Type
INTJ

Intelligence trumps stupidity.

Or do you mean people who cover up their intelligence to fit in? Dunno. Not sure I've really met any. It'd be a tiresome waste of time dealing with them if they positively insisted on it.

My assumptions:

I assume businesspeople will automatically abuse trust.

And I'm not sure I really believe this, but I say it a lot: I assume people have bad motives unless they demonstrate good motives. This works for a fuzzily specified age range, starting somewhere after childhood and finishing somewhere before old age.

MBTI Type
INxJ
I assume people will steal my wallet if I leave it on the bar.......We have locks on our doors, cars, safes and bathrooms...also elaborate alarm systems, pin numbers and passwords for our computers. What does that universally say about ourselves?

We'd rather be safe than sorry.

I assume people have bad motives unless they demonstrate good motives. This works for a fuzzily specified age range, starting somewhere after childhood and finishing somewhere before old age.

Someone else's motives may or may not benefit another. I assume they won't 100% of the time, and prepare accordingly.