User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP

I've always been sort of known as a pessimist but I've never really identified with it in the true sense of the word. I think its more externalized. Sort of like, most people take things as they are but for me to really view anything I have to see the pitfalls and possibilities and naturally the way to do that is see something from a number of different perspectives.

Negativity is usually the most efficient and telling. I've always blended it with positive impossibilities( I meant possibilities but this could work) though, because when their used in tandem you get a more descriptive picture.
    Last edited by Simplexity; 10-22-2008 at 11:41 PM. Reason: interesting clarification
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Exactly, that is why I said, "All pessimists think they're being realists." No one would knowingly adopt a position they didn't think reflected the true state of things. If I see the world as being a shitty place, I think this is how things really are.
    Then maybe I didn't understand your first point. I agree with this for the most part.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by ed111 View Post
    I tend to assume the worst.
    They are... and there's experiments and history to prove it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

I assume other people are entirely too soft, untill proven wrong or impressed. Alot of the time, I'll give someone the benefit of the doubt if they can proove they're not total morons or some hideous steryotype, but not generally. Alot of these people I see that are ditzy, happy, whatever, for no aparent reason, I assume are in denial or forcing it to impress someone. They get my attention if they're not completely readable, and even more so if I have a hard time with it. If they have a snobbish attitude, or talk to me as if I had no idea what I was talking about, however, then they're in for a surprise.

And yes, I assume the worst of people left to their own devices, and especially ones in groups. Annoying idiots and amusing idiots are two seperate things entirely though.
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.
    Well then anything that is not optimism must therefore be pessimism. And vice versa, so really realism is both optimism in being open to a positive side, and pessimism for not expecting a whole lot of greatness- looking at the world in a broad picture and analying the overtones without a positive or negative bias.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by plaguerat View Post
    Annoying idiots and amusing idiots are two seperate things entirely though.
    What about people who act like idiots when they are quite intelligent how do INTJs react to them?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by CJ99 View Post
    What about people who act like idiots when they are quite intelligent how do INTJs react to them?
    This thought process comes to mind:
    "Why are they acting like idiots?"
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMethod View Post
    This thought process comes to mind:
    "Why are they acting like idiots?"
    Most of the time because they don't want to stand out of the crowd or be labeled a geek from what i've seen of thoses people. What do INTJs think of them?
    "I'd never die for my beliefs, I might be wrong"

"Is it not enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe there are fairys at the bottom of it too"

"Intelligence is being able to hold too opposing views in the mind at the one time without going crazy" - Now all I need to figure out is if I'm intelligent or crazy!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Unless we know they're inteligent and have judged for ourselvs that they aren't, we are quite annoyed. If we know them on the other hand, the context of "idiot" is entirely debatable.

If we think they're acting like idiots, even when we know they're intellectually capable, they're still idiots and thus very annoying. Even more so, I'd say, because we trust them to be "smart" and here they do something like this.

MBTI
    INTJ

Intelligence trumps stupidity.

Or do you mean people who cover up their intelligence to fit in? Dunno. Not sure I've really met any. It'd be a tiresome waste of time dealing with them if they positively insisted on it.

My assumptions:

I assume businesspeople will automatically abuse trust.

And I'm not sure I really believe this, but I say it a lot: I assume people have bad motives unless they demonstrate good motives. This works for a fuzzily specified age range, starting somewhere after childhood and finishing somewhere before old age.