User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Sometimes I have conversations like this:

Me: *about to throw vegetable scraps away*

Friend: You know, that'd make really great compost.

Me: Oh. Where's the compost heap?

Friend: We don't have one.

Me: ...Oh.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    INTJ

Most people are inefficient or don't see the big picture. That is about my only one. This economic fiasco is a great example of something I've been raving about in my circles for years. I feel vindicated now, though not sure if I should be happy about it. Course I have two more cards in the house to fall...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Most people are inefficient or don't see the big picture. This economic fiasco is a great example of something I've been raving about in my circles for years. Course I have two more cards in the house to fall...
    I feel the same way about the economy. If you're like me, then the two cards left to fall represent the rest of the collapse that hasn't happened yet. Or actually, I didn't really get that metaphor, what did you mean?

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

yikes. not exactly sunshine and rainbows huh?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by animenagai View Post
    yikes. not exactly sunshine and rainbows huh?
    Oh I'm very positive and throw bad jokes all over. I'm just following the purpose of the thread about our realist side. Not grumpy or pessimistic. Realistic. I'm a person that truly wants to bring positive change to our country and the world, and is what drives me in life. I am currently a very content INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    I feel the same way about the economy. If you're like me, then the two cards left to fall represent the rest of the collapse that hasn't happened yet. Or actually, I didn't really get that metaphor, what did you mean?
    Oh there are many cards related to the economy ready to go, but they are not part of the "base" of the house of cards. The two in the base left are the ubsurd rising cost of secondary education while at the same time not producing a competitive intellectual trust within this country, and the second is the outrageous inflation related to health care costs, where we have hit 20% of our GDP in covering it. 20%!!!!!! That is 3 Trillion a year!

Smaller cards relate to energy, manufacturing base, and business aristocratic practices that still have to fall, but they are higher up. Once the bases drop, the rest will all come down, and we can finally start rebuilding the middle class correctly. Unfortuntately the fall will hurt but I believe in America the Phoenix scenario (die to be reborn brighter), and not a Romanism (all Empires must fall) scenario.

All of this added together, if they don't fall, will cause the table to collapse they are placed on, which is our National Debt. That is very complex and I won't go into that here.

Oh and Social Security? Yeah that is a debt issue, but I have a possible partisan fix to sell to some politician. However, I work on other things for the government and not sure if I want to jump into an economic think tank or not. However I truly believe it could be fixed and provide a much larger return that it already does with the same amount, if not more, of security it already provides.

MBTI
    ENTP

All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    All pessimists think they're being realists. The problem: the glass is both half-full and half-empty.
    Disagree. I argue against pessimists all the time. What you have pointed out is someone who sees both sides of the issues and can understand it better. Blind optimism and raging pessimism is what got us where we are (the former being the main cause).

One must become completely blind in order to truly see.

MBTI
    ENTP

Why would someone be pessimistic if they KNOW it does not reflect reality? You see?

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Why would someone be pessimistic if they KNOW it does not reflect reality? You see?
    Not sure what you are getting at unless you are assuming everyone perceives the same reality...

Pessimism is subjectively put on by an external opinion, not by ones self anyways. Just like morals, optimism and pessimism are in the eye of the beholder.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
    Pessimism is subjectively put on by an external opinion, not by ones self anyways. Just like morals, optimism and pessimism are in the eye of the beholder.
    Exactly, that is why I said, "All pessimists think they're being realists." No one would knowingly adopt a position they didn't think reflected the true state of things. If I see the world as being a shitty place, I think this is how things really are.