User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Idealists are dangerous because they see the world as it should be rather than as it is.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INFP

The two are not mutually exclusive.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think personality is essentially a decision we make on how to deal with life. As such, I think our personality emerges gradually from basic rules we choose as children, which have larger implications and mold who we are.

For example, I think some people at some point decide "being nice is important to me". I think other people decide that "being smart is important to me". Our personalities and predispositions may follow from such essential choices.

My question for you is: what is the central rule that dictates how you live?
    I think I agree with you. People use whatever works best in the circumstances they are given as children, and they tend to stick with it.

Still, I think some of it's gotta be nature.

My central rule would have been "predicting future circumstances is important to me." I think that's really the best way to put it. That's how I have gotten by, just sensing what will happen in my future so it doesn't come as a surprise. I've always had a keen sense that much of the future is in control based on how you handle it beforehand.

This explains why I was always able to do well on tests. I knew teachers dead-on, every time. I was never taken by surprise, always studied just what I needed to. This would also explain why I dread many social interactions, because there is really nothing you can do to prepare for them. Unable to guarantee success when interacting with people, I focused my efforts on self-improvement as a way to control what other people might see in me.

EDIT: I might also add "precise use of language" as another central rule.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    On the other hand I have always been an idealist.

And so quite naturally I asked myself what my ideals were.

And they came down to two - empathy and creativity.

But since joining you on the internet, I now have three - empathy, creativity and presence.

Though my father warned me that idealists are the most dangerous people in the world.

And I am, 'cause I insist you share my ideals, or else!
    Well, if you want to get right down to the root of it, idealism itself is the belief that abstract ideas are a part of reality as much as concrete things. That's what 1984 is about; people lived their lives in the context of INGSOC rather than in the context of nature itself.

So, I mean yeah, there is the idealism where "things could be better than they are now" and there is the idealism where "government created laws say what you can and can't do." They actually are related, though, because people who say "things could be better than they are now" almost always have some sort of vision for how they think the world should be, and they will assert that vision on other people as well. Rarely is idealism manifested in simple, individual acts of kindness with no expectation of followers.

MBTI
    INFP

I think personality is essentially a decision we make on how to deal with life. As such, I think our personality emerges gradually from basic rules we choose as children, which have larger implications and mold who we are.

For example, I think some people at some point decide "being nice is important to me". I think other people decide that "being smart is important to me". Our personalities and predispositions may follow from such essential choices.

My question for you is: what is the central rule that dictates how you live?
    MY central rule or the first one that I recognized (since there's so many) is "Don't be a Burden" that rule has made me very independent(being able to think and do for myself and it makes me consider other people's perspective as well.)

I made up that rule so that not only can I be able to help myself, but so that I can also help others, and influence or impact their life in a positive way.

I also made up that rule because as a child I was very ill and I felt like a burden because I was always dependent on others to help and take care of me and my needs. I felt helpless, and useless and I felt like the princess at the top of the tower, I was left alone and couldn't do much about it especially because of my health, but over the years I have grown Healthier and stronger and now I'm the most independent one in the family. And I being reflective and all since that's an INFP trait, love seeing myself grow, improve and evolve(or change) in to a better version of my former self.

I made up that rule because I hate that helpless feeling when you can do nothing at all to help,Especially if someone's in trouble, or needs your help. so I decided to be Independent, and strong. and because I love helping people it just brings joy to my heart to see someone smile or happy.(and even more if it's because of me.)

wait...while writing this I guess I figured out the core of my central belief that guides my life. And it is making people happy because it makes me happy. so basically to be happy. (and not all people will make me happy so forget about making them happy) My central Thing is to live a happy life! and so far I accomplished that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

My rule: Forgive and forgive again.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Just one?

Advancement.

Kickin' Ass since 1984 GargoylesLegacy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    esTp

If I could pick one Rule how to live my Life? Easy!! 2 Words:
    Be happy! =D

Cuz that sums up a lot of Things. ^^
    Rule #1: Driver picks the music. Shotgun shuts his cakehole.

Again, Demons I get, but people are just crazy.

ESTP? o.O

MBTI
    INTJ

I disagree with your basic premise. You can bring in the whole nature vs. nurture argument, but IMO a large part of personality is hard coded with life experience modulating existing biases. You don't choose your gene, where you are born or your formative early childhood experience, and so forth.

What I know with 100% certainty: I born and I will die.
    What I strive for: Not to eat, breed and die like any other animal. I want my existence to mean something.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

1) understand that everyone has some form of greed that must be fed.

2) be glad when that greed isn't something that will directly or indirectly cause you problems.

3) be extra glad when that greed benefits you.

4) be fucking ecstatic when that greed aligns with yours.

5) protect your ass from the greed that does everything but the above three statements.

6) try to love when you can anyway.

Edit: check my type then analyze that, Synarch.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]