• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT-NT pairing

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
Have you ever been in a relationship where you felt both safe enough to open up and understood enough that you wanted to?
Yes, and I can be silly and caring and sexy and helpful, but most of the time I'm the opposite. Serious and reserved and tomboyish and intense. So if Synarch is really looking for a woman who's default qualities are "soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet" to balance his own harshness, an INTJ is going to fail that test and he should be looking for an IxFJ.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I like INTP's :)

MBTI Type
INxJ
So if Synarch is really looking for a woman who's default qualities are "soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet" to balance his own harshness, an INTJ is going to fail that test and he should be looking for an IxFJ.

INTJ = Wooden Plank :laugh:

squibbles

MBTI Type
INTJ
Too early with the dirty talk.

I think INTJ / ENTP could work, but I like my women soft and nurturing, mostly because I'm such a prick. So, they would have to be feminine and sweet. My best friends in the world are INTJ's, but they're so retiring it can be a pain in the ass.
I totally have a soft and nurturing side. :(

I've never been in a relationship...there was something going on with another INTJ, but I decided against it for various reasons. He was SO like me and I felt totally accepted by him...but he was kind of a jerk to people he didn't respect, and there were a lot of people he didn't respect. He also really could not address his emotions, which was not a good thing. Even after I admitted that I liked him, he couldn't admit he felt the same way...in spite of holding my hand several times, paying for me everywhere, inviting me places etc. (And when I called him out on it, citing all those things, he said something like, "Well, I guess from that, logically you could say...blah, blah blah." LOGICALLY. HOW INTJ.) I mean, I thought I was bad with emotions, but come on. I also really have grown emotionally in the last couple of months; I used to deny my emotions much more, so I understood where he was coming from, but I think I need to be with someone who has had that growth already.

I think we were too similar to really learn from each other, and I felt like I would always be the one going outside of my comfort zone to pull him along (by being more flexible, more extroverted, sillier, etc).

MBTI Type
ENTP
no_one_must_know.png

I think that's a good illustration of the best part of NT-NT pairings. It's nice to have that person who will understand and share in wanting certain people to die horrible deaths. (emphasis on wanting. I know some NFs need certain people to die horrible deaths, so they can stop cutting and crying themselves to sleep in the bathtub each night)

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
^Yeah, my girlfriend and I have referenced that comic multiple times since it was posted a couple of days ago.

G

garbage

Another note on NT-NT: I've also had a relationship with another ENTJ. It was apparent that we both had characteristics of the type but to varying degrees on each. For example, I was more extraverted, diligent, and prone to anxiety, and she was more decisive, self-confident, and outwardly critical.

ENTJs are well-known for wanting to take the lead. In the relationship, we both did so in areas that we had expertise in and usually didn't mind ceding to the other's authority.

It was probably the one of the most interesting interpersonal dynamics that I've ever had. I've never met someone who was so much like myself..

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I like INTP's :)

Yeah, I do picture you guys as some kinds of napoleonish generals, the intp being the trustee sidekick or whatever.

but hey, maybe it's me just acting all crazy again

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I think that's a good illustration of the best part of NT-NT pairings. It's nice to have that person who will understand and share in wanting certain people to die horrible deaths. (emphasis on wanting. I know some NFs need certain people to die horrible deaths, so they can stop cutting and crying themselves to sleep in the bathtub each night)

That was fucking hilarious : PP
+1 here

Ardea

o edward cullen!
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I was with an INTJ, who was my best friend for a while. From the get-go, there was a romantic-relationship dynamic. I think it would have worked, if the relationship had taken place much earlier or much later. There was just some sort of... magic. The spark was there, so was yearning for a mindmate.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I was with an INTJ, who was my best friend for a while. From the get-go, there was a romantic-relationship dynamic. I think it would have worked, if the relationship had taken place much earlier or much later. There was just some sort of... magic. The spark was there, so was yearning for a mindmate.

Would you please elaborate on why it didn't work out?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
"the many" ? uff, I only know one this close :D

SUPER

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ENTP
I cant imagine what a relationship with another NT would be like.

I dont like using emoticons but we would probably look like this - :coffee::coffee:

mbeerti

MBTI Type
INTP
I cant imagine what a relationship with another NT would be like.

I dont like using emoticons but we would probably look like this - :coffee::coffee:

Ha!! It is! Those emoticons were made to illustrate the NT-NT relationship, namely the INTP-ENTJ one. They're (ENTJs) wise, but they don't add much in the way of ideas or excitement.

tnem

MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Have you ever been in a relationship where you felt both safe enough to open up and understood enough that you wanted to?

*raises hand*

I have been curious about INTJ/INTJ pairings. I never thought it would be a good thing. I know myself quite well and don't think I'd want to be romantically involved with me. OK, pretty damned sure I wouldn't want to be romantically involved with me.

Life is full of little ironies.

I am hopelessly, utterly in love with an INTJ. I have never felt so understood, safe, loved in my life. It is wonderful.

Mindmate! Great word. He is my best friend, the best one I've ever had, and while there have not been many (INTJ afterall) they've all been special. Magical. We have used this word to describe our relationship. I walk around giddy. Who the hell am I?

*Off to read more*

Last edited:

Cool

MBTI Type
ENTP
I would love t pair up with NT/NT even though we will argue it'll be fun wrestling our ideas out there

L

Lasting_Pain

I don't see it happening but they are my second preferred choice for mates.