• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NT] NT-NT pairing

G

garbage

ENTJ/INTJ worked surprisingly well for me. Most everything in this thread resonates, especially this:

You have to watch out for occasional T to the other's F moments but they can be handled easily enough if you know how to recognize them.

We both seemed to be pretty insensitive to the other at times, but those issues were always very clearly and quickly worked through. Good old NT logic!

Given that NT's tend to complain about being misunderstood, I think NT-NT might somewhat avoid that problem, too.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh I can sing the praises of INTJ-INTJ relationships forever ;) I love my INTJ husband, we are incredibly good together in all aspects.

Yeah? You seem to be the exception to the rule.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
I had to change back into my INTJ hide to post here, buuut, ENTPs are the guys that I can't stop talking about because I'm intrigued/annoyed by their antics and their whoring for reactions. They love me for challenging them and find it amusing how serious I take my retorts etc - which only infuriates me even more.

I don't know how things proceed beyond this game, though. An emotionally mature ENTP might be quite good.

INT-INTJ was not a success in my case.

INTPs...there is a certain ambiguity there between kindred spirit, shared INT-ness and otherness, which fuels a sort of semi-attraction that's always there, but never really makes you crazy for the other person. The INT-ness installs boundaries it seems.

ENTJs - don't know any, the primary Te scares me a bit.

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
I had to change back into my INTJ hide to post here, buuut, ENTPs are the guys that I can't stop talking about because I'm intrigued/annoyed by their antics and their whoring for reactions. They love me for challenging them and find it amusing how serious I take my retorts etc - which only infuriates me even more.

I don't know how things proceed beyond this game, though. An emotionally mature ENTP might be quite good.

Too early with the dirty talk.

I think INTJ / ENTP could work, but I like my women soft and nurturing, mostly because I'm such a prick. So, they would have to be feminine and sweet. My best friends in the world are INTJ's, but they're so retiring it can be a pain in the ass.

Metamorphosis

MBTI Type
INTJ
Great, as long as emotional spark doesn't mean anything to you. At least that's been my experience on multiple occasions.

Kristiana

MBTI Type
INTJ
Yeah? You seem to be the exception to the rule.

Interesting, what does the rule seem to be in your experience? As in, why don't NT-NT relationships (or same-type relationships) seem to work from what you've seen?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Interesting, what does the rule seem to be in your experience? As in, why don't NT-NT relationships (or same-type relationships) seem to work from what you've seen?

Not experience, just what other INTJs have said.

pippi

MBTI Type
xxxx
I think INTJ / ENTP could work, but I like my women soft and nurturing, mostly because I'm such a prick. So, they would have to be feminine and sweet. My best friends in the world are INTJ's, but they're so retiring it can be a pain in the ass.

Uh, did you just describe an INTJ woman as soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet?

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
Uh, did you just describe an INTJ woman as soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet?

Have you ever been in a relationship where you felt both safe enough to open up and understood enough that you wanted to?

I have it in me to be a cynical, overly intellectual and emotionally withdrawn romantic partner - the phrase 'trophy mindmate' just sprang to mind - but from my LTR with an ENFP I also know I have it in me to be a Peach. :yes: I'm wondering if a mature ENTP could - and would want to - bring that out and sustain it over the long term, or if I was right all along. ;)

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Have you ever been in a relationship where you felt both safe enough to open up and understood enough that you wanted to?

I have it in me to be a cynical, overly intellectual and emotionally withdrawn romantic partner - the phrase 'trophy mindmate' just sprang to mind - but from my LTR with an ENFP I also know I have it in me to be a Peach. :yes: I'm wondering if a mature ENTP could - and would want to - bring that out and sustain it over the long term, or if I was right all along. ;)

I think an ENTP could. I got along well with an INTJ for a while but ultimately got bored, for reasons really unrelated to type. She was solid and serious in a way that was nice, which allowed me to do my own thing. Why so set on an ENTP in particular? Curious as to your thought process.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I think an ENTP could. I got along well with an INTJ for a while but ultimately got bored, for reasons really unrelated to type. She was solid and serious in a way that was nice, which allowed me to do my own thing.

Did you manage to bring out her Peachy side? How much maintenance did it require, and how rewarding was it for you? Do you think you would have found it worth the trouble over the long term, had you not gotten bored for reasons unrelated to type?

Why so set on an ENTP in particular? Curious as to your thought process.

Let's just say I'm sharing an office with this guy now. :whistling:

Synarch

Once Was
MBTI Type
ENTP
Did you manage to bring out her Peachy side? How much maintenance did it require, and how rewarding was it for you? Do you think you would have found it worth the trouble over the long term, had you not gotten bored for reasons unrelated to type?

Let's just say I'm sharing an office with this guy now. :whistling:

I did not do anything particular to bring out her peachy side except spend time talking to her about ideas and things, which I do anyway, especially if in 'date mode'. This seemed to be rare for her. I even talked to her about MBTi IIRC. I think my ease and buoyancy made her feel comfortable that I was not looking for something from her and she felt comfortable with me quickly.

How much maintenance did it require? I don't typically maintain relationships, so I could not tell you. They either work unconsciously or they do not. I put energy and effort into them, but I do not think of it as purposeful. More like just spontaneous love explosion.

How rewarding was bringing out her peach side? It was interesting to see her soften. She was definitely very hands-on and serious as far as the relationship went. I could tell she was interested in doing whatever needed to be done to make things work. The thing I did not like was that there were subjects she just could not seem to talk about with any degree of comfort. Generally, these involved what I would consider very fundamental life experiences. It just felt like she put these things into a box and never considered them. If she ever did reveal anything it was usually related in a very remote way. I got the sense she was not comfortable with negative emotions in any way. So, she tended to stay rather calm and occasionally silly and mushy in a very unsophisticated child-like manner. But, rarely sad or angry, etc.

Honestly, I think if I had been more attracted to her it would have worked out better, but I also think the flatness of emotion would have bothered me eventually and would have made things a little boring. She was a little too ordered and stable.

Samurai Drifter

MBTI Type
INTP
My girlfriend is an INTP like me.

We have long philosophical and scientific discussions, sometimes forget to talk to each other when programming, and are highly affectionate and empathetic towards each other. We never fight about anything either, as we don't take things personally and whatever issue we have we care more about each other.

Great relationship.