User Tag List

First 6789 Last

Thread: NT-NT pairing

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 sx/sp

NT is preferred for me based on experience, NTJ even more so. Partnership > romance.

ENSP are fun, but I'd probably can never take them seriously. NF... No, not yet for awhile. Feelings complicate things, dealing with feelers would require more focus than what I can give at the moment. : \
    Close your eyes, clear your heart,
    Cut the cord.
    - The Killers

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

When going into a relationship, I must feel relatively secure that when it ends the other person will not turn into a neurotic basket case. NTs usually don't.
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

I had this experience with an ENTP. Personally, I need someone with more emotional intelligence than I have. I'm not saying that NFs necessarily are emotionally healthier than NTs -- I know that's certainly not the case -- but in general, they do have more of an intuitive knack for interpreting and approaching feeling-oriented topics than NTs. Honestly, I want someone who is gentle and compassionate, who can explain to me why I feel the way I do, or at least care if I am upset. NTs tend to just become frustrated because they don't know how to handle the situation. With the ENTP, there was a distinct vibe of "you're ruining my party, I'm frustrated and don't know what to do, so I'm going to lash out at you." Sometimes, emotional needs are very simple and basic. Not all NTs know how to clue in to even obvious emotional situations, nor do they all know how to solve ridiculously simple emotional situations. I have that problem myself, so it was a tough situation that could not have been solved without counseling and basic guidance from a therapist. I know that the ENTP had similar issues with me; stating that I mocked her for crying, which surprised me to hear. Sometimes I came across as aggressive or abrasive without meaning to...that was frustrating to me. I wish someone could just read my mind. I didn't always mean to be cruel, even if I came across that way.

Edit: I didn't mean to "read my mind"...that's unfair to ask. More like have a natural grasp on the situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Quote Originally Posted by Carissa View Post
    When going into a relationship, I must feel relatively secure that when it ends the other person will not turn into a neurotic basket case. NTs usually don't.
    Given enough stress and preexisting instability, any type can turn into a neurotic basketcase. I get tired of hearing how supposedly stable and calm NTs are. Trust me, that's not always the case.

Love,

A part time neurotic INTP, daughter of a full time psychotic basketcase INTJ

Banned

Definitely NT for me. I do enjoy the company of SFs, STs, and NFs but I don't know if I could take the Ss seriously at this stage in my life and the Fs inevitably end up in tears in my presence. I realize this is rather selfish, but I don't see myself ever wanting to revamp my personality to the degree I would have to to make these relationships work (and be fulfilling). I do like all of them for "light" social interaction, but I couldn't live with them. I've done it twice (ST and SF) and both times I was left feeling somewhat empty, despite having great affection for both men for long periods of time (the SF significantly less than the ST for obvious reasons).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post
    Given enough stress and preexisting instability, any type can turn into a neurotic basketcase. I get tired of hearing how supposedly stable and calm NTs are. Trust me, that's not always the case.

Love,

Amen. Fe can do scary things. I am rarely emotional about anything, but when I am...

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    crap

Quote Originally Posted by Popsicle View Post
    Amen. Fe can do scary things. I am rarely emotional about anything, but when I am...
    Yep. My Fe only seems to contain pure emotions that come on like a thunderstorm (if it's anger) or ridiculously affectionate and happy (if it's good stuff). It's as mature as a two year old...it's also embarrassing and hurtful to others sometimes. :\

Hey, did I just personify my Fe? That's kinda scary. It has taken on a life of its own lately, though, so it makes sense to do so...that's just bad. *shakes head*

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker View Post

Love,

I guess I WAS jumping to conclusions.
    I will get down off my high horse now!

Calm on the outside- not quite so much on the inside, me
    INtP...RCUEI primary I...5w4...INTp... ILI...The Artist Formerly Known As Car!ssa

MBTI
    XNTJ

actually not bad...i don't mind having other NTs for guy friends because
    sometimes it is fun to have your intellect challenged in a conversation (but
    in good humor not in the sense of being undermined or patronized) so I'm
    not afraid of ending up with someone that might be a little smarter than
    me.

MBTI
    intj

I am an intp and I often go for intj because they are smart, they foregoe the emotional stuff which i think is a giant waste of life and as meaningless as yesterday's weather report, they strive for progress, they understand me, and they make me a "project" (although i don't comply...hehehe...it doesn't bother me that i don't progress...they never give up, thinking the "p" will somehow turn into a 'j' if they just kiss it often enough, as if it were the proverbial frog and prince).