User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Thread: NT-NT pairing

garbage

ENTJ/INTJ worked surprisingly well for me. Most everything in this thread resonates, especially this:

Quote Originally Posted by 563 740 View Post
    You have to watch out for occasional T to the other's F moments but they can be handled easily enough if you know how to recognize them.
    We both seemed to be pretty insensitive to the other at times, but those issues were always very clearly and quickly worked through. Good old NT logic!

Given that NT's tend to complain about being misunderstood, I think NT-NT might somewhat avoid that problem, too.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    Have you tried an ENTP?
    Yep, in undergrad I went to a sorority dance with one as my date. Same issue, sorry
    j'adore les chats

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    Oh I can sing the praises of INTJ-INTJ relationships forever I love my INTJ husband, we are incredibly good together in all aspects.
    Yeah? You seem to be the exception to the rule.

MBTI
    nnnn

I had to change back into my INTJ hide to post here, buuut, ENTPs are the guys that I can't stop talking about because I'm intrigued/annoyed by their antics and their whoring for reactions. They love me for challenging them and find it amusing how serious I take my retorts etc - which only infuriates me even more.

I don't know how things proceed beyond this game, though. An emotionally mature ENTP might be quite good.

INT-INTJ was not a success in my case.

INTPs...there is a certain ambiguity there between kindred spirit, shared INT-ness and otherness, which fuels a sort of semi-attraction that's always there, but never really makes you crazy for the other person. The INT-ness installs boundaries it seems.

ENTJs - don't know any, the primary Te scares me a bit.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uytuun View Post
    I had to change back into my INTJ hide to post here, buuut, ENTPs are the guys that I can't stop talking about because I'm intrigued/annoyed by their antics and their whoring for reactions. They love me for challenging them and find it amusing how serious I take my retorts etc - which only infuriates me even more.

I don't know how things proceed beyond this game, though. An emotionally mature ENTP might be quite good.
    Too early with the dirty talk.

I think INTJ / ENTP could work, but I like my women soft and nurturing, mostly because I'm such a prick. So, they would have to be feminine and sweet. My best friends in the world are INTJ's, but they're so retiring it can be a pain in the ass.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ

Great, as long as emotional spark doesn't mean anything to you. At least that's been my experience on multiple occasions.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Yeah? You seem to be the exception to the rule.
    Interesting, what does the rule seem to be in your experience? As in, why don't NT-NT relationships (or same-type relationships) seem to work from what you've seen?
    j'adore les chats

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Kristiana View Post
    Interesting, what does the rule seem to be in your experience? As in, why don't NT-NT relationships (or same-type relationships) seem to work from what you've seen?
    Not experience, just what other INTJs have said.

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I think INTJ / ENTP could work, but I like my women soft and nurturing, mostly because I'm such a prick. So, they would have to be feminine and sweet. My best friends in the world are INTJ's, but they're so retiring it can be a pain in the ass.
    Uh, did you just describe an INTJ woman as soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    Uh, did you just describe an INTJ woman as soft and nurturing, feminine and sweet?
    Yeah, good point.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."