• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENTJ] ENTJ/other types - difference or mystique?

LeonardoLestat

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Hiya,

(my first post!:hi:)

-----------------------------------------

ENTJ - Functional Analysis

Primary Function: Extroverted Thinking
Extroverted Thinking orients itself on rational facts, and attempts to build a clear coherence (not primarily understanding, this is what the secondary function is all about) of these facts.
It senses and labels things, atmost labels them to know what is what, and what belongs where.
This function utilizes the tertiary function (instrumental function) for factual exploring.
In the case of the ENTJ, this is Extroverted Sensation -- it senses things as they are.

Secondary Function: Introverted Intuition
This is the 'what if' and 'what could be' function. It's information is complex and chaotic, therefore it orients on organizing this information -- information it receives primarily from Extroverted Thinking, and Extroverted Sensation.
The goal often becomes to clear the fuzz, and to explore the workings of things through extracting the meaning of volatile and coincidental occurences.
It wants to build a database for a system, so operation of things (like operating a machine) runs smooth and efficient.

Tertiary (instrumental) Function: Extroverted Sensation
As an extroverted function, the goal is to expand; intuition and thinking seek to operate efficiently in order to expand the sensation of positive stimuli, and filter out the sensation of aversive stimuli.

-----------------------------------------

If you think about it, type ENTJ is just a brain on top of a limbic system; now, I was thinking about this and even thinking 'is the MBTI real? do types even exist as in MBTI?'

Everybody handles things with the mind as written above; still if I look at ENTJ's, they're typically ENTJ's; but what's so typical about them I cannot grasp.

What is the difference between the ENTJ and other types?

I know the basics in 'ISFP handles feelings first' etc etc; but they use their mind too to solve problems in life and stuff.

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I think this question is a problem for the human brain. We'll just have to accept that others can be radically different from us. It's just like the unfathomable idea that universe is infinite.

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
More than a concrete definition, is just the 'ENTJ vibe'. Like you see someone and imagine them in a nazi suit and yelling people about how stupid and useless they are. That's ENTJ.

Maverick

MBTI Type
ENTJ
I view each type as a "strategy" someone has taken to deal with life.

Functions are basically cognitive attitudes that are more or less strong depending on biological factors and that are reinforced through environmental ones. People will favor some depending on how rewarding they have proved to be.

There is no better strategy than any other, all that matters is how well the strategy is executed.

MissMurder

MBTI Type
eSTP
I view each type as a "strategy" someone has taken to deal with life.

Functions are basically cognitive attitudes that are more or less strong depending on biological factors and that are reinforced through environmental ones. People will favor some depending on how rewarding they have proved to be.

There is no better strategy than any other, all that matters is how well the strategy is executed.

^This is probably the best explanation of MBTI type I've ever seen.