User Tag List

Question ENTJ/other types - difference or mystique?

Hiya,

(my first post!)

-----------------------------------------

ENTJ - Functional Analysis

Primary Function: Extroverted Thinking
    Extroverted Thinking orients itself on rational facts, and attempts to build a clear coherence (not primarily understanding, this is what the secondary function is all about) of these facts.
    It senses and labels things, atmost labels them to know what is what, and what belongs where.
    This function utilizes the tertiary function (instrumental function) for factual exploring.
    In the case of the ENTJ, this is Extroverted Sensation -- it senses things as they are.

Secondary Function: Introverted Intuition
    This is the 'what if' and 'what could be' function. It's information is complex and chaotic, therefore it orients on organizing this information -- information it receives primarily from Extroverted Thinking, and Extroverted Sensation.
    The goal often becomes to clear the fuzz, and to explore the workings of things through extracting the meaning of volatile and coincidental occurences.
    It wants to build a database for a system, so operation of things (like operating a machine) runs smooth and efficient.

Tertiary (instrumental) Function: Extroverted Sensation
    As an extroverted function, the goal is to expand; intuition and thinking seek to operate efficiently in order to expand the sensation of positive stimuli, and filter out the sensation of aversive stimuli.

-----------------------------------------

If you think about it, type ENTJ is just a brain on top of a limbic system; now, I was thinking about this and even thinking 'is the MBTI real? do types even exist as in MBTI?'

Everybody handles things with the mind as written above; still if I look at ENTJ's, they're typically ENTJ's; but what's so typical about them I cannot grasp.

What is the difference between the ENTJ and other types?

I know the basics in 'ISFP handles feelings first' etc etc; but they use their mind too to solve problems in life and stuff.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE

I think this question is a problem for the human brain. We'll just have to accept that others can be radically different from us. It's just like the unfathomable idea that universe is infinite.

Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

MBTI
    ENTP

More than a concrete definition, is just the 'ENTJ vibe'. Like you see someone and imagine them in a nazi suit and yelling people about how stupid and useless they are. That's ENTJ.
    5w4 - Idiosyncratic/Leisurely/Dramatic
    It's the devil's way now.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I view each type as a "strategy" someone has taken to deal with life.

Functions are basically cognitive attitudes that are more or less strong depending on biological factors and that are reinforced through environmental ones. People will favor some depending on how rewarding they have proved to be.

There is no better strategy than any other, all that matters is how well the strategy is executed.

MBTI
    eSTP
    Socionics
    eSTp

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I view each type as a "strategy" someone has taken to deal with life.

Functions are basically cognitive attitudes that are more or less strong depending on biological factors and that are reinforced through environmental ones. People will favor some depending on how rewarding they have proved to be.

There is no better strategy than any other, all that matters is how well the strategy is executed.
    ^This is probably the best explanation of MBTI type I've ever seen.