User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    In my experience ENTJ's are more likely to overly express certainty rather than ENTP's.
    This seems likely. But faking certainty is a little different from the kind of lieing that OP was talking about, I think.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I take one side and the other person takes the other and then I like to see what conclusions we each come to. In reality I don't have many strong opinions, but I often pretend I do in order to see another person's perspective about something.

I also make up buttloads of explanations for things. I have to have an explanation for everything, so I make up one that seems reasonable, and then I constantly refine it as I encounter more data that enlightens the subject. I don't see explanation and fact as the same thing though. If event X happened then I would give my best explanation for why it happened, but I would never say X happened if it didn't happen.
    I do these, too.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

Out of the two ENTPs i can name off the top of my head:

one is a compulsive liar

one is either rather truthful, or is a GOOD liar

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

MBTI
    nnnn

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I know a number of ENTPs and a lot (not all) of them seem to seamlessly throw outright manufactured information into their stories/conversations. It doesn't even have a purpose most of the time. One said once, "Yeah...I know like 50% of what I say isn't true."

I was having a conversation with a friend the other day about people who will just randomly make up facts and stories and pretend like they are completely true while telling them, and I realized that like 90% of the people we were talking about were probably ENTPs.

This isn't an attack on ENTPs in general, since obviously the mature ones won't have this trait. I am just saying that, in my experience, most of the compulsive liars I know are ENTPs and I'm wondering why this is.
    I used to do this - just make stuff up because it seemed like it would fit well into the story or because I wanted to entertain the person I was talking to. It was always harmless in so far as untruths can be harmless. Though clearly truth need not be less harmfull at times. Think fantastic stories about my cat. These days, not so much, although I'm sure I still do it from time to time. I'm not sure I would call it lying. It's true that it's about belief, it's as if the stuff I made up came naturally and I seemed to be convinced it could have happened to the point of me getting moved by it. I can't lie (as in deliberately changing the true course of events as it has manifested - deceit) at all, but I can construct truth.

Is it Ni, is it Ne, perhaps a bit of both.

Edit: apparently the consensus is that it's Ne...*looks at her type* *sighs*

MBTI
    ENTP

I'm an ENTP and I definitely don't do this.
    In fact, I have more of a problem lying when I'm supposed to. I try to see reality as clearly as possible, and feel that lies or fabrications only screws up my thinking.

MBTI
    ENTP

YouTube - George Carlin-some people are stupid

I'd personally think ESTP's would be more full of shit given they're the true machiavalli manipulative salesmen.

"Gamesmanship is the calling card of the ESTP. Persons of this type have a natural drive to best the competition. Some of the most successful salespersons are ESTPs. P.T. Barnum ("Never give a sucker an even break") illustrates the unscrupulous contingent of this type."
    ESTP Profile

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default ENTP's are the better Playboys

(Ok this thread is meant to be fun )

I mean face it, the N's have the ability to draw connections between things. What means in the long run, they are able to connect to F types, which are according to statistics 75% woman, better than any S would.

I mean, I feel some sort of pity, I was together with those 37 hunters today in a chatroom, who all tried to hit the special girl and I got their number and she even did not know what I looked like.

Beat that !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I dunno, I see ENTPs doing it more than ESTPs, but you probably don't lie because of enneagram type, childhood values and morals, or the fact that you're an individual and no 2 people are the same.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

I don't generally LIE in real life- I find that a bit useless since the truth is generally found out anyways and you get a bit more slack from people if you're honest.

When I get bored I *do* tend to fabricate things though- like when stuck in line at the grociery beside some people and I invent a new life story to tell since I'm bored and have nothing better to do. I don't consider this lying though really, since it isn't meant to deceive, just to keep us all entertained! (and give my brain something to do)

Most of the time I stick to the truth though- since it's weirder than fiction most of the time
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

or the NT female, who can draw male attention (frequently even unwanted!) because she's so "refreshing" in her outlook and habits and "so different from other girls"... the huntee instead of the hunter
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett