User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 101

  1. #11
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Ehhh, I knew someone who was an ENTP/ESTP and she was like that. I couldn't stand her ass. It was like water and electricity. I certainly *hope* not all ENTPs are like that. But I doubt it.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  2. #12
    12 and a half weeks BerberElla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    infp
    Posts
    2,726

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I do have testicles.
    Are you sure?, because I've heard that ENTP's make stuff up for no reason.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

    DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

    Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

  3. #13
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    I used to do it when I was much younger, I guess partly founded on a deep self-doubt, a total dearth of self-esteem - the basic assumption was that I, as I am, in myself, am not remarkable or worthy of any note or attention, much less any actual respect, regard or interest.

    ...

    I grew out of it by my early 20's though - well, I grew out of that incarnation of it. I'm still as much a teller of tall tales as Rankin, but I do it now in a way that's obviously not meant to be taken seriously. It's more done now to entertain and amuse, rather than draw attention or admiration for myself.
    See, now I feel like you're bullshitting about your personal development and self-actualization.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  4. #14
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    ...additionally, sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm making it up or not. Like, when it's not the 'entertain and amuse' mode going on, there are other sorts of motives I can have for it...

    Again, the need to 'be' or 'provide' whatever's needed at the time; if somebody comes to me wanting some information, I'm loth to have them go away unsatisfied. In fact, my background knowledge, sorta jack of all trades as it were, sort of gives me enough of an understanding of so many things that pretty much most things people ask me (within reason), I either know the answer or can figure it out with a bit of thought. I might seem to 'make stuff up', but if it's checked against published authorities it almost always turns out to be true anyway... I've basically on the spot collated everything I know in a sorta interdisciplinary thought exercise and figured it out... that's what I was doing, figuring it out, as opposed to making it up in the pure sense - though my figuring out of course goes on externally, so...

    I guess at the root of it all for me is a desire or drive/need to 'be' or provide the 'missing piece' of whatever puzzle is currently being pondered. That in itself comes from the drive to make a difference, to improve things, lives, situations... though it's often put down to other, less flattering motives, which can be hurtful...

    Synarch - LOLZ
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  5. #15
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    ...additionally, sometimes I'm not sure whether I'm making it up or not. Like, when it's not the 'entertain and amuse' mode going on, there are other sorts of motives I can have for it...

    Again, the need to 'be' or 'provide' whatever's needed at the time; if somebody comes to me wanting some information, I'm loth to have them go away unsatisfied. In fact, my background knowledge, sorta jack of all trades as it were, sort of gives me enough of an understanding of so many things that pretty much most things people ask me (within reason), I either know the answer or can figure it out with a bit of thought. I might seem to 'make stuff up', but if it's checked against published authorities it almost always turns out to be true anyway... I've basically on the spot collated everything I know in a sorta interdisciplinary thought exercise and figured it out... that's what I was doing, figuring it out, as opposed to making it up in the pure sense - though my figuring out of course goes on externally, so...

    I guess at the root of it all for me is a desire or drive/need to 'be' or provide the 'missing piece' of whatever puzzle is currently being pondered. That in itself comes from the drive to make a difference, to improve things, lives, situations... though it's often put down to other, less flattering motives, which can be hurtful...

    Synarch - LOLZ
    That describes a friend of mine SO well.

    He stated once that he wasn't sure which part of his facts were made up and which were true, sometimes.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  6. #16
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Ha... yeah, my mom calls me a 'utility person', like a utility belt, or utility van, but a human version - potentially useful for most things you could need a human for lol which goes well with what my ISTP calls me: all-purpose nerd!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

  7. #17
    Senior Member kuranes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    XNXP
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    He stated once that he wasn't sure which part of his facts were made up and which were true, sometimes.
    I've heard about those guys who can bluff even the more sophisticated lie detector equipment, since they believe what they're saying, themselves. The ultimate "method acting" ?
    "The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."
    Reichsfuhrer Herman Goering at the Nuremburg trials.

  8. #18
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Yes. I think in general ENTP's are good at coping with life's problems (for the most part) because we actively hack our own reality and perceptions. For example, I am a big believer in attitude. With the appropriate attitude you can achieve considerably more than you would otherwise. Sometimes this requires believing some things to the exclusion of others. It's all about what RESULT you want to achieve.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  9. #19
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    It's like "I don't know" isn't in an ENTP's vocabulary, but reading these posts makes me think I'm just not looking at the big picture instead of seeing lots of bullshit, lol.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  10. #20
    Senior Member substitute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    4,601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    It's like "I don't know" isn't in an ENTP's vocabulary, but reading these posts makes me think I'm just not looking at the big picture instead of seeing lots of bullshit, lol.
    Gosh, really? An INTJ being single-minded? Surely not!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

    "When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Similar Threads

  1. [ENTP] ENTPs: do you like me or do you just like attention?
    By Thessaly in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 92
    Last Post: 02-16-2011, 04:17 AM
  2. Do you make others responsible for your feelings?
    By Survive & Stay Free in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-22-2010, 02:06 PM
  3. [ENTP] ENTPs: Do you often put your foot in your mouth?
    By Aleksei in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-06-2010, 09:30 PM
  4. [SJ] Q for SJs: do you put up a facade?
    By MacGuffin in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 03:18 PM
  5. [ENTP] ENTPs.... do you come across as being romantic in relationships?
    By Intricate Mystic in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 09-09-2009, 07:14 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO